GDT: Avalanche @ Devils 7:00 PM MSG+

MadDog2020

Pretty ironic that Hall and Hischier both finally score and we lose. 

The GWG was so weak. Terrible way to lose. 

Oh well, can’t win them all. Move on. 

Oh, and great fight by Zacha...he threw a punch

45411387281_1ae62b32cc_b.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I didn’t think anyone in particular had a strong game. They were tremendously lucky to not be down 3-0 ten minutes into the game. 

I thought KK had a tremendous first and a “oh yea he’s a backup” second and third. He didn’t lose us the game, but he didn’t really give us a chance to win. Was clearly the second best goalie on the ice tonight; and that’s ok. 

Taylor Hall looks disinterested to me. Which is unfair because he’s at a P/G+ pace and scored a beaut tonight but he has been largely invisible. I’m sure that’ll change soon. 

Andy Greene can not be on this hockey team if we want to win anything of significance. I would rather anyone be out there. Anyone. 

Tonight would have been a good game to have some muscle. I thought Colorado smacked us around and we didn’t respond how I’d like. Would have loved to see someone make MacK spit chiclets — we were being bullied and not answering the bell. 

Bottom line is, for a fringe playoff team — having a lead with 10 to go in the third and getting no points out of it hurts. But it’ll happen, and we’re still 4-1. 

5 minutes ago, titans04 said:

No way I'm blaming the officiating, Avs played a strong physical game and we were a step behind all night. It happens, learn from it and move on. 

Avs were definitely the better team, but flagrant penalties need to be call. The slash on Vatanen and the boarding on Stafford were both as blatant as they come. Yet they missed nothing the Devils did all night. The lack of consistency is what’s frustrating. But no, that’s not why they lost. 

5 minutes ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

I didn’t think anyone in particular had a strong game. They were tremendously lucky to not be down 3-0 ten minutes into the game. 

I thought KK had a tremendous first and a “oh yea he’s a backup” second and third. He didn’t lose us the game, but he didn’t really give us a chance to win. Was clearly the second best goalie on the ice tonight; and that’s ok. 

Taylor Hall looks disinterested to me. Which is unfair because he’s at a P/G+ pace and scored a beaut tonight but he has been largely invisible. I’m sure that’ll change soon. 

Andy Greene can not be on this hockey team if we want to win anything of significance. I would rather anyone be out there. Anyone. 

Tonight would have been a good game to have some muscle. I thought Colorado smacked us around and we didn’t respond how I’d like. Would have loved to see someone make MacK spit chiclets — we were being bullied and not answering the bell. 

Bottom line is, for a fringe playoff team — having a lead with 10 to go in the third and getting no points out of it hurts. But it’ll happen, and we’re still 4-1. 

Even Eric Gelinas?

i hope hynes doesnt use this as an excuse to punish them, they have played good...against a pretty even team.

his response to zjac doesnt sound good imo, like he knew he was fvcked but didnt want to give it away yet.

as was said, got bullied and got rattled and still responded just not enough...thats how you beat the devils 

15 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

fair to say that we may not have played great but we still could have won, it was a matter of inches really. Some goes with a few of our wins. its such a thin line

Yep. Hall hit a post, and Severson came super close on that wrap around. All in all they were right there the entire game on a night they were clearly outplayed. 

At least Hall and Nico got off the schneid. 

Not a great game by any means, but they were in it despite the fact that I don't think anyone was playing that good.

Shame to see Zacha get benched - man, he started out the season good, just couldn't bury those chances.

I think Kinkaid wants the winner back.

I wonder what they'll do if Zajac is out for more than a game or two.  One thing's for sure - even though the Devils only have one actual injury with Bratt (and maybe one with Zajac), a lot of the guys are already dinged up - Vatanen left the game twice tonight, Hischier blocked that shot with his foot, Butcher doesn't sound like he's 100%, Mueller had a maintenance day - hockey is difficult.

• Like 2

Tough game.  Hopefully it was a good reality check that this team isn't invincible.  If Zajac is out for a while that's gonna hurt,  but hopefully Bratt makes it back soon, or maybe Q steps back in and has some type of impact.  

First road game of the season coming up tomorrow, and it's against Philthy, so time to see how they respond in front of the enemy crowd.  Hopefully for the 1pm start they will have their legs and some energy.  We need to keep the penalties to a minimum, and some secondary scoring (I'm looking at you Wood, Zacha, Coleman, Noesen). 

• Like 2