HOF Weekend (pilgrimage to Toronto)

DJ Eco

Is anyone making the trip up to Toronto next weekend? My brother and I will be flying up Friday morning and staying til Tuesday! There are obviously some cool things going on all weekend, I thought it'd be a good idea to list them and compare notes (some cool non-Devils stuff too).

Friday 11/9

• New Jersey Devils at Toronto Maple Leafs @ Scotiabank Arena

Saturday 11/10

• HOF Inductee Q&A Fan Forum 
  • New York Knicks at Toronto Raptors @ Scotiabank Arena (cool if you like the Knicks and can't afford MSG prices to see them, seeing some tickets on StubHub in the $50 range)

Sunday 11/11

• HOF Legends Classic @ Scotiabank Arena (Brodeur, Niedermayer, Stevens, Daneyko, Roenick, Wendel Clark, Belfour, Fuhr, Gilmour, Lindros, Andreychuk, Larionov, Martin St. Louis, and Shane Doan are all playing)

Monday 11/12

• HOF Induction Ceremony

We're also squeezing in a couple concerts (Thievery Corporation on Sunday) and shows in between here and there, but figured I'd keep the list simple. I've been to Toronto twice, but only for short, usually a day or less. Really looking forward to enjoying the city over the course of 4 days. Who else is going? Anything cool that you're checking out?

Edited by DJ Eco
  • Like 3

That sounds like a pretty awesome trip with a lot planned.  We've got a lot of guys playing in that HoF Legends game which is pretty cool.  Interesting that Stevens and Lindros are playing - wonder if they're on the same team.  Even if it's water under the bridge, gotta still be a little awkward, being that the two guys played against each other for a while and their respective teams hated each other, and one of them delivered brutal albeit legal hits to the other that definitely contributed to the demise of his career.

On 11/2/2018 at 3:43 PM, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

If you haven't been to the HHOF, it's a must. Doesn't have to be this weekend, but it's an incredible experience for hockey fans. 

Oh yeah, I've been but my brother hasn't so I'm probably going to aim to go on Friday afternoon, before the larger bulk of people land in Toronto for the weekend later on (hopefully that's the winning move), or maybe before Devils-Leafs.

Edited by DJ Eco

1 hour ago, DJ Eco said:

Weed was legalized in Canada a couple weeks ago. Little did I know when booking my AirBNB but the place I'm staying at has a dispensary/cafe/edibles bakery at the ground floor. Game changer.

I just got back from Seattle and I approve of this message.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DJ Eco said:

Weed was legalized in Canada a couple weeks ago. Little did I know when booking my AirBNB but the place I'm staying at has a dispensary/cafe/edibles bakery at the ground floor. Game changer.

You'd think that would be right in the AirBNB ad...major selling point or major avoidance point, depending on your perspective.