Wood - Zajac - MoJo

Coleman - Zacha - Dea

Boyle - Rooney - Anderson

Mueller - Vats

Greene - Severson

Butcher - Lovejoy

Schenider

Noesen out with upper body injury.  Anderson taking his place

Both nice and terrible to see Zacha moved down.  Maybe now MoJo gets going.

Schneider getting his first start of the season

Devils 7-1

• Like 4

Really rooting for Cory tonight. This game, and many coming up in the short term, are essentially him playing to keep his career alive. Hope he doesn't get into his own head (in some ways, coming in during the 3rd vs. Tampa Bay was good, in order to just get it over with) and hope he makes a statement and puts in a strong performance.

He was the best player on our team for a few years when we basically had no other name on the team to cheer for (Tlusty? Clowe? Tootoo? Farnham? Harrold?), keeping us in so many damn games when our offense couldn't put more than a goal or two up most nights; it's disappointing how many Devils fans forget that, how many fans hold his bad performances last season so aggressively against him as an indictment on his whole career. We wasted his prime years with some of our worst lineups, and his stats during that time were still phenomenal; and yet he doesn't complain or resent that, doesn't show the poor body language other goalies do when things aren't going their way. Put yourself in his shoes, being traded to the Devils at the time he was kind of ruined his career, no one wants to say it but we all know that's true; and yet he still showed up and played hard and was proud to be a Devil.

We should all be rooting for him to succeed, a "goaltender controversy" is a good thing, I don't understand the "either/or" mentality too many fans have right now where it seems they can ONLY cheer on one goalie, and the other goalie is their target for jokes, jabs, and insults.. what is that? 

Edited by DJ Eco
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, DJ Eco said:

Really rooting for Cory tonight. This game, and many coming up in the short term, are essentially him playing to keep his career alive. Hope he doesn't get into his own head (in some ways, coming in during the 3rd vs. Tampa Bay was good, in order to just get it over with) and hope he makes a statement and puts in a strong performance.

He was the best player on our team for a few years when we basically had no other name on the team to cheer for (Tlusty? Clowe? Tootoo? Farnham? Harrold?), keeping us in so many damn games when our offense couldn't put more than a goal or two up most nights; it's disappointing how many Devils fans forget that, how many fans hold his bad performances last season so aggressively against him as an indictment on his whole career. We wasted his prime years with some of our worst lineups, and his stats during that time were still phenomenal; and yet he doesn't complain or resent that, doesn't show the poor body language other goalies do when things aren't going their way. Put yourself in his shoes, being traded to the Devils at the time he was kind of ruined his career, no one wants to say it but we all know that's true; and yet he still showed up and played hard and was proud to be a Devil.

We should all be rooting for him to succeed, a "goaltender controversy" is a good thing, I don't understand the "either/or" mentality too many fans have right now where it seems they can ONLY cheer on one goalie, and the other goalie is their target for jokes, jabs, and insults.. what is that? 

For the bolded, those "fans" were always there.  They just couldn't really say anything without sounding like a clown.

I have found in my experiences that at least 90% of those fans hate Cory hate him simply because of a deranged belief that Cory somehow "forced" Marty off the Devils.  Never mind that Marty was 40+ years old, never mind Marty was way past his prime and never mind that Marty got more starts at the detriment of the team in 13-14 when Cory was putting up better numbers.

Now, when Cory is struggling due largely to injuries that have been bothering him for 2 years now, these people come out of the woodwork and are emboldened to take any shot they can against Cory.  Look at the 233 Crazies FB page and twitter feed.  Their response to Cory coming back into the lineup before the game against Tampa was literally "ugh".  So much for a hardcore group of Devils "fans."

• Like 6

51 minutes ago, nessus said:

I don't want to hear about anyone's gut today.

LGD!

I'm definitely feeling much better about tonight than I was about the last game...I'll leave it at that.

As far as DM84's last post goes, yeah, the Crazies suck.  Never liked them or any of the mutant Devils fans with similar viewpoints. 

Welcome back Cory, good to see you again!

LGD!

• Like 6

57 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Look at the 233 Crazies FB page and twitter feed.  Their response to Cory coming back into the lineup before the game against Tampa was literally "ugh".  So much for a hardcore group of Devils "fans."

The ‘’Crazies” are clowns. They’ve always been clowns. They’ll always be clowns. It’s an apt name, because they’re fvcking crazy, but not in any kind of good way. I can’t fvcking stand those tools. I’m pretty sure I’m not alone either.

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

sh!t rolls down hill - Tampa got thrashed by the Yotes and took it out on us.  I expect us to come out flying and take out our anger on the lowly Red Wings tonight in a similar way.  I predict a big win.

Hopefully Zacha and Coleman can get eachother going.

Hoping for a big game from Cory to get him right back into the mix.

LGD

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

The ‘’Crazies” are clowns. They’ve always been clowns. They’ll always be clowns. It’s an apt name, because they’re fvcking crazy, but not in any kind of good way. I can’t fvcking stand those tools. I’m pretty sure I’m not alone either.

They are but the issue is that they still have plenty of fans (typically casual fans) who look up to them due to them making a lot of noise and being so prevalent in the arena and online.  A lot of those fans take what they say as gospel and as an indication of what the rest of the fanbase thinks/feels, which we all know on here is far from the truth.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Why would you do that to yourself? 

lol I see their FB page but I don't follow their twitter.  I do see if when someone else I am following retweets their nonsense.

Their leader did block me on FB from his own account because I called them out for selling knockoffs lol.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, DevsMan84 said:

They are but the issue is that they still have plenty of fans (typically casual fans) who look up to them due to them making a lot of noise and being so prevalent in the arena and online.  A lot of those fans take what they say as gospel and as an indication of what the rest of the fanbase thinks/feels, which we all know on here is far from the truth.

Casual fan, hardcore fan, doesn’t matter- if you’re stupid enough to listen to those dipsh!ts, you get deserve to walk around clueless and uninformed. 

• Like 2

Had a dream last night where I somehow reached out to Zacha and told him to take advantage of his stint with Coleman and Dea and to shoot and drive the net and that it would pay off. He scored 2 goals and an assist in the game. Here's to hoping my dream was realistic...

LGD and LET'S GO CORY!

• Like 4

everyones always looking for a good game for cory to get his confidence back...thats the problem imo; i hope he stands on his head.

its all good we got two good to great goalies and lack as a backup

on zacha...he needs to hit more; when he does he gets opportunities 

lgd