GDT: Devils @ Pens 7:00 MSG+, ROOT

RunninWithTheDevil

Was not expecting that at all. We seem to have the Pens number. 

Really hoping they can now find some consistency to their game. Really don't want another year where they will lose a bunch of games to some of the poorer teams in the league and then pick it up against the contenders. 

Also good on Boyle for getting his first career hattrick. He can be infuriating at times, but he never gives anything less than 100% and I am glad to have him on the team. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Also good on Boyle for getting his first career hattrick. He can be infuriating at times, but he never gives anything less than 100% and I am glad to have him on the team. 

On the first power-play, I was wondering if maybe he’s not the best choice to be on the ice. Then I realized why that was wrong.

5 hours ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Was not expecting that at all. We seem to have the Pens number. 

Really hoping they can now find some consistency to their game. Really don't want another year where they will lose a bunch of games to some of the poorer teams in the league and then pick it up against the contenders. 

From a post I made last season:

BTW the Devils' record against non-playoff teams this year [2017-18] was 24-11-6 (20-18-3 against those who made it to the dance).  When you think about it, the breakdown was about what you'd have expected...of the seven teams the Devils lost two games or more to this season (in regulation), six made the playoffs, and the seventh (Panthers) just barely missed.  The Devils didn't really struggle or "lower themselves" against lesser teams much at all.

The whole "Devils don't play well against 'poorer' teams" mantra is a myth...the problem is that many fans still haven't figured out that the worst team(s) in today's NHL often win 25-30 games, while the best teams usually lose about 20 games in regulation.  The days of the truly god-awful dreadful teams (think 1983-84 Devils) are over.  It is not at all uncommon for "bad" teams to beat "good" teams on any given night but for some reason when it happens to the Devils, people act like it's this major travesty, and the Devils should never dare lose to such teams.  And anytime the Devils lose to a bad team, even if they just won a batch of games against teams like that, right away it will be "Yep, there go the Devils, playing down to the level of their competition."  It's just not true. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 2

Boyle's line played every other shift in the 3rd.  Joey Andy getting some confidence out there w/ JSD. I doubt Hynes putting him out (Boyler) to get 4th goal, but reward for being a great example. This was the way this team is supposed to play, making their way not allowing Pens to dictate anything. We were always in control. You could see how happy the bench was last night, they had fun. 

Tonight, rinse, repeat. LGD's

1 hour ago, vadvlfan said:

Boyle's line played every other shift in the 3rd.  Joey Andy getting some confidence out there w/ JSD. I doubt Hynes putting him out (Boyler) to get 4th goal, but reward for being a great example. This was the way this team is supposed to play, making their way not allowing Pens to dictate anything. We were always in control. You could see how happy the bench was last night, they had fun. 

Tonight, rinse, repeat. LGD's

Absolutely.  And that line earned their ice time last night.  The added bonus is, with the travel to Ottawa and playing a back to back tonight, its better to rest the top 6 as much as possible when you have that game in hand.  A win all around for Hynes and the team.

16 minutes ago, Derlique said:

When Bratt comes back- if Anderson sits for Stafford, I will be furious.

12 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

You won’t be alone.

Yeah I'll join that club. I'm honestly not in favor of Stafford playing over some of the guys in the AHL right now. I'd rather see Anderson, or Quenneville, or whoever getting a shot. 

I long suspected that Stephen Gionta had naked pictures of Lou Lamoriello and that's why he was allowed to come back year after year. Stafford is getting into that area now. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

Yeah I'll join that club. I'm honestly not in favor of Stafford playing over some of the guys in the AHL right now. I'd rather see Anderson, or Quenneville, or whoever getting a shot. 

I long suspected that Stephen Gionta had naked pictures of Lou Lamoriello and that's why he was allowed to come back year after year. Stafford is getting into that area now. 

Who wouldve paid money to see naked pictures of Lou though! 

23 minutes ago, devlman said:

Who wouldve paid money to see naked pictures of Lou though! 

Lou would have paid for everyone NOT to see them. I suspect that was what Gionta's contract was. 

I'm not sure you understand blackmail lol. 

Edited by mfitz804
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Derlique said:

When Bratt comes back- if Anderson sits for Stafford, I will be furious.

We'll see what happens, but Anderson might just be carving out a spot on this team (a la Henrique). I think Stafford will see action when injury happens.  Remember we have both Bratt and Noeson coming back. Our right side looking a lot deeper. (Palms/Noeson/ Anderson and a lefty)

I know we rip this guy, but Lovejoy has been playing pretty damn good  for us. 

2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Lou would have paid for everyone NOT to see them. I suspect that was what Gionta's contract was. 

I'm not sure you understand blackmail lol. 

That's the thing though - Lou would never have to worry about naked pictures of him floating around because no one in their right mind would ever want to see that. People would actively stab their eyes out if presented with a picture of that.

On 11/6/2018 at 1:26 PM, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

From a post I made last season:

BTW the Devils' record against non-playoff teams this year [2017-18] was 24-11-6 (20-18-3 against those who made it to the dance).  When you think about it, the breakdown was about what you'd have expected...of the seven teams the Devils lost two games or more to this season (in regulation), six made the playoffs, and the seventh (Panthers) just barely missed.  The Devils didn't really struggle or "lower themselves" against lesser teams much at all.

The whole "Devils don't play well against 'poorer' teams" mantra is a myth...the problem is that many fans still haven't figured out that the worst team(s) in today's NHL often win 25-30 games, while the best teams usually lose about 20 games in regulation.  The days of the truly god-awful dreadful teams (think 1983-84 Devils) are over.  It is not at all uncommon for "bad" teams to beat "good" teams on any given night but for some reason when it happens to the Devils, people act like it's this major travesty, and the Devils should never dare lose to such teams.  And anytime the Devils lose to a bad team, even if they just won a batch of games against teams like that, right away it will be "Yep, there go the Devils, playing down to the level of their competition."  It's just not true. 

Clearly it's just my perception then, but this has to stem from somewhere for it to be picked up by more than one person.