GDT: Devils @ Maple Leafs, 11/9/18 7:00pm, MSG+

NJDfan1711

Just now, MadDog2020 said:

I mean, he’s tried just about everything to get them going and they haven’t responded.... I don’t know what else he can do.

That just might be it, though. I wanna equate them to another team I watch: Manchester United. Good teams underachieving cause they’re just over their coach. The message has just become so worn out, they don’t respond to them anymore. Maybe?

2 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I mean, he’s tried just about everything to get them going and they haven’t responded.... I don’t know what else he can do.

Yep...sometimes the players just decide they're not going to listen anymore.  If a marquee name with such a proven track record wasn't so readily available, such a move might not feel as imminent...but I just get the feeling Hynes' seat is getting warmer by the game.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jagknife said:

That just might be it, though. I wanna equate them to another team I watch: Manchester United. Good teams underachieving cause they’re just over their coach. The message has just become so worn out, they don’t respond to them anymore. Maybe?

Could be... I mean, it’s not even that they’re losing, they aren’t competitive. It seems like they’re getting 5 and 6 hung on them every night. That’s not a good look for the head coach. 

9 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yep...sometimes the players just decide they're not going to listen anymore.  If a marquee name with such a proven track record wasn't so readily available, such a move might not feel as imminent...but I just get the feeling Hynes' seat is getting warmer by the game.

If they get run off the ice again Sunday and show no life, you have to wonder.... how long does Shero let it go on without doing SOMETHING- whether it’s a trade, a coaching move, some kind of shake up..... Again, it’s not even the losing- it’s the way they’re losing. 

Just now, MadDog2020 said:

If they get run off the ice again Sunday and show no life, you have to wonder.... how long does Shero let it go on without doing SOMETHING- whether it’s a trade, a coaching move, some kind of shake up..... Again, it’s not even the losing- it’s the way they’re losing. 

I think Shero still believes in the roster...which is why I think it's the HC that will ultimately pay first.  And yeah, I don't think he'll allow this to go on much longer without taking action.

• Like 2

The Devils deserved to lose this one, but they also didn't play 6-1 bad.  There were some insane seeing-eye goals here.  The Leafs by far outskated New Jersey in the first period and that can't happen, but in the second two I thought the chances were pretty similar and yet the Devils were outscored 5-1.  We kinda saw the reverse of this game against Pittsburgh on Monday - Boyle had two crazy tip goals and the Penguins weren't without their chances but the scoreboard said 5-1 at the end.

Joey Anderson's getting close to being a permanent player on this roster.  He reads the play quite well.  There's some things he's got to work on, but he was a pest all night.

The back end looked bad here - Butcher's turnover on goal #2 was pretty bad.  I'm really not sure how that puck got around Severson on goal #3.  Seney's been caught behind the play twice in two games now - he may not have the defensive chops to play center in the NHL yet.  Obviously Lovejoy looked awful on the final goal.  And I thought Vatanen and Mueller also had a bad night.  It was pretty bad for everyone back there.  

• Like 2

Glad I went and saw my local ECHL team tonight instead of staying home to watch this massacre. Two games in a row now that I’m deleting off my DVR without watching. I’m ready to bring in JQ at this point. This team is obviously not a contender, but these blowout losses are hard to take. 

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Starting to feel like Hynes isn't going to survive this...

Youuuuuu ranggggggggggg.  The party is over.  Heads must roll after this debacle.  This is an utter disaster and disgrace and Hynes needs to go.

sorry. Have at it.  Let’s hear all your backlash. Somethings gotta change and you start with the HC. See ya Hynes. 

• Like 2