GDT: Road Trip from Hell, Part 7 - Devils @ Jets

jagknife

Well the end is finally here. To steal a line from our previous coach, we’re about to head into a tough building against a tough team.

Which Devils will show up tonight: the ones who beat up the Pens and took their 2 points, or the ones who have been bent over a barrel and shown the 50 states (bonus upvote if you can name that movie) multiple times in the last week and a half?

I expect this team to come out of the gate pissed off and put together a solid 60 minutes of hockey. If they get robbed of points but finally play a full freaking game, it’s an improvement from what we’ve seen lately.

I hope my gut is very wrong on this one, so Devils 4 Jets 3 in OT

LGD!

• Like 1

I agree about Mueller. I didn't think he was the worst of the bunch last game, and I would have rather them taken someone else out. Mueller doesn't seem to have as fragile of an ego as some of the other young players, so I'm not too concerned about him spiraling downward as a result of this. He seems to have bounced back in the past. Glad to see Yakovlev getting a game, regardless. 

The Devils seem to always have that one game every season where they totally dominate a really good team. Now would be a great time for that. LGD!

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I'll be at the Red Bulls game tonight so I'll be dvring this one and watching tonight or tomorrow instead depending on my mood and the outcome of that game. We really need a win but I'm not confident in this team getting a win in Winnipeg. Would love to be wrong and see Cory get a win though. 

LETS GO DEVILS!!! 

Dude bring them a win, Leg 1 was ugly...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nessus said:

I agree about Mueller. I didn't think he was the worst of the bunch last game, and I would have rather them taken someone else out. Mueller doesn't seem to have as fragile of an ego as some of the other young players, so I'm not too concerned about him spiraling downward as a result of this. He seems to have bounced back in the past. Glad to see Yakovlev getting a game, regardless. 

The Devils seem to always have that one game every season where they totally dominate a really good team. Now would be a great time for that. LGD!

its not ego with mirco, but its confidence..  and focus.. hopefully this is a one game "watch it from the box" type of deal

I'm not sure about sitting Mueller as I don't think he's been any worse than the other five D but I'm looking forward to see what Yakovlev can bring. Was thinking earlier that splitting the top line had to happen. Bratt would seem like a good choice to swap with Palms as they has chemistry last year. Something has to be done to change things around and I would expect Hynes to be changing the lines throughout the game if they aren't scoring.

LGD!