GDT: Finally Back Home, Penguins @ Devils, 7:00 pm

Colorado Rockies 1976

18 minutes ago, ilzz89 said:

Butcher has no foot speed, but yes he can move the puck

I disagree with this. He showed it a couple times last year. Not Miles Wood speed, but he isn't slow. 

31 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I don't think Butcher is slow at all.  He might not be a Niedermayer, but he can move the puck.

I agree with this.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

And then he won't score again until March. 

That soon?

18 minutes ago, Crisis said:

Well that was easy 🙄

My thoughts exactly.

5 minutes ago, Jerzey said:

With both Boyle and Hischier out I’m s little disappointed that McLeod didn’t get called up with Zacha.

Ditto.  He's playing well down there now, if there was ever a time to give him a shot, it seems like now was it.

13 minutes ago, Jerzey said:

With both Boyle and Hischier out I’m s little disappointed that McLeod didn’t get called up with Zacha.

What makes you think McLeod is ready?  Just because he's been putting up some points as of late in the AHL doesn't mean he's ready for the big time just yet...and he's played all of 20 games there today.  Let him try to keep improving in Bingo. 

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

What makes you think McLeod is ready?  Just because he's been putting up some points as of late in the AHL doesn't mean he's ready for the big time just yet...and he's played all of 20 games there today.  Let him try to keep improving in Bingo. 

What makes Seney, Rooney, or Anderson any more ready?  

1 hour ago, Satans Hockey said:

Haven't looked at the standings in awhile. We are 30th out of 31 with only Kovy and the Kings behind us by 2 points. 

Need to rattle off some wins soon or this season will be sunk by the end of December. 

LETS GO DEVILS!!! 

I need to stop looking at the standings myself because it's depressing, BUT....one thing I did notice is just how much of a logjam there is, in basically the entire NHL.  To me there's really only like 2-3 teams in the entire league that stand out and apart from the competition - the rest of them, we have a couple games in hand on most, and are only like 3-5 points back of.  It's nuts.  I know it's early, but I can't remember a season in the last decade or so where there seemed to be this much parity.  I'm not sure if it's a good or a bad thing.  Looking at the standings though, and checking the scores night in and night out, I can't find many teams where I look and say "Oh yeah, they're definitely terrible", or "Oh yeah, they're definitely going to win". 

• Like 1

Just now, NJDfan1711 said:

What makes Seney, Rooney, or Anderson any more ready?  

Rooney at least had a number of professional seasons and games under his belt. 

You have more of a fair point with Anderson, as they're about the same age...Anderson came out of college and McLeod came out of the OHL...maybe it's simply a case of that the Devils think Anderson's game is more NHL-ready than McLeod's at this point?  I'm going to defer to them on this one. 

8 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Rooney at least had a number of professional seasons and games under his belt. 

You have more of a fair point with Anderson, as they're about the same age...Anderson came out of college and McLeod came out of the OHL...maybe it's simply a case of that the Devils think Anderson's game is more NHL-ready than McLeod's at this point?  I'm going to defer to them on this one. 

Yeah I guess they must see or know something we don't - that's the only thing I can come up with.

Just now, NJDfan1711 said:

Yeah I guess they must see or know something we don't - that's the only thing I can come up with.

And to be fair, outside of some preseason action, it's not like we've seen a whole lot of McLeod.  All we really have are quick-glance glamour numbers to go on (obviously more in-depth numbers can be found with some digging) and some Bingo highlights here and there.  I made the mistake of seeing Ahren Nittel's 25 goals in 50 GP several seasons ago (for the River Rats), and thinking that he might be close to being able to contribute...those who watched him play in Albany basically told me that no way was he close to being ready, and that once teams started taking away his preferred shooting spots, that he'd be effectively neutralized.  And that's pretty much what happened...he suffered through an injury-plagued, ineffective season after his "breakout" year, and he never made it to the NHL.