GDT: Finally Back Home, Penguins @ Devils, 7:00 pm

Colorado Rockies 1976

6 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

And to be fair, outside of some preseason action, it's not like we've seen a whole lot of McLeod.  All we really have are quick-glance glamour numbers to go on (obviously more in-depth numbers can be found with some digging) and some Bingo highlights here and there.  I made the mistake of seeing Ahren Nittel's 25 goals in 50 GP several seasons ago (for the River Rats), and thinking that he might be close to being able to contribute...those who watched him play in Albany basically told me that no way was he close to being ready, and that once teams started taking away his preferred shooting spots, that he'd be effectively neutralized.  And that's pretty much what happened...he suffered through an injury-plagued, ineffective season after his "breakout" year, and he never made it to the NHL. 

I just looked him up and found that he is another one who changed his name.  He is now known as Ahren Spylo.

3 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

I just looked him up and found that he is another one who changed his name.  He is now known as Ahren Spylo.

Yeah I knew about that...think he's playing in some German league now.

EDIT:  Swiss leagues.  Has been there for many years.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

1 minute ago, Satans Hockey said:

Patches, I'll definitely take a look later for one. I don't remember them doing so but did they do this for Stevens or Neids? 

Yeah not sure about that.  May only be like how they did with the Pruential Center Opening Night patches in 2007 where only the gamers had them or like the Patty's Last Lap patches where only the players got them.

I don't remember them doing this with Stevens or Niedermayer either.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Patches or the gamers?

Not sure about the gamers.  I know they are auctioning off the HHOF patched ones from Friday though.

I think I saw in one of the e-mails the Devils sent out for tickets to this game that the patches will be sold in the Devils Den.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Also the food drive starts tonight, it says bring a minimum of 2 items but please bring at least 10 items. I hate how they lowered the number of items. You get 2 free tickets for a future game, the least ya can do is bring $10 worth of items.

That's an amazing deal, whether it's 2 items, 10 items, or 20 items - but yeah, he's right guys - if you're able to go tonight, bring as much as you can.  I'm going to go out on a limb and say that those of us posting on this message board are pretty fortunate.  I know I am.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Also the food drive starts tonight, it says bring a minimum of 2 items but please bring at least 10 items. I hate how they lowered the number of items. You get 2 free tickets for a future game, the least ya can do is bring $10 worth of items.

Will the drive continue this Saturday? 

3 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

What makes you think McLeod is ready?  Just because he's been putting up some points as of late in the AHL doesn't mean he's ready for the big time just yet...and he's played all of 20 games there today.  Let him try to keep improving in Bingo. 

Just to see what he’s got at the nhl level. Who knows, maybe he outplays Zacha and earns a spot. But it is probably best to let him stay in bingo and continue to develop properly.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Will the drive continue this Saturday? 

Yes, it's 11/13, 11/17 and 11/21. 

FYI, usually there's a couple games to choose from. If each person you go with brings cans, multiple vouchers equals multiple free games.

Edited by mfitz804
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Devs3cups said:

Leovejoy needs to be all over him. 

EDIT: He pretty much was lol

Yeah, except the one thing he didn't do was have his stick on the ice in the right spot to prevent that pass.   It was a great feed, but still, it probably should've been broken up.  

I can understand if a defenseman takes a penalty and then there's only 5, but when a forward takes a penalty, Lovejoy shouldn't be killing it.