GDT: Detroit Rock Sh!tties @ Your...New Jersey Devils

Colorado Rockies 1976

13 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

We had a 2-0 lead, we dominated the game but couldn't finish more, and Detroit hit a few posts on top of that.

But according to some people (always the same people too), it's the refs fault lol 

I guess Hall used the force to take a red wing stick to the mouth to get cut. Or intentionally ran into another guys stick while again using the force to lift it in between his legs to get dumped in the slot? Got it

or how about the linesman saying “I couldn’t tell if his skate hit” when choosing not to call the bench minor for diving into the wrong bench? A play we’ve been nailed with before and our guy didn’t touch the floor cause he was still on the boards

Edited by jagknife
  • Like 2

I'm not dumb i know a PP could have potentially helped but to say we lost because of the refs is absolutely theoretical and not a fact. We could have not scored on the PP or get scored on shorthanded. 

some people are just trying to find something / someone to blame. We should have won that game by ourselves and 5 on 5. We were the better team. You don't grow as a team or person if you constantly blame everything else for you failures cause then you fail to self-evaluate which is an important thing. That's a loser / victim attitude and people wth that attitude will always remain losers

Edited by SterioDesign

3 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

I'm not dumb i know a PP could have potentially helped but to say we lost because of the refs is absolutely theoretical and not a fact. We could have not scored on the PP or get scored on shorthanded. 

some people are just trying to find something / someone to blame. We should have won that game by ourselves and 5 on 5. We were the better team. You don't grow as a team or person if you constantly blame everything else cause then you fail to self evaluate

Pretty sure no one said the refs were the sole reason we lost. But I don,t think saying they had a part in the lost is too far of a stretch. 

Edited by Devs3cups
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

not a single person threw the game solely on the shoulders of the refs. They are, however, saying it was a contributing factor.

and for someone who spent a good amount of time during his first stint on the board lambasting officials over a pro-Montreal bias, you’ve sure climbed ontop of a strange horse this time around.

• Like 2

Just now, jagknife said:

not a single person threw the game solely on the shoulders of the refs. They are, however, saying it was a contributing factor.

and for someone who spent a good amount of time during his first stint on the board lambasting officials over a pro-Montreal bias, you’ve sure climbed ontop of a strange horse this time around.

Yeah cause I challenged my beliefs and realized I was looking at it from a biased point of you, which made me see it that way. I fully admit it was dumb.

Maybe you should do the same thing though. 

11 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

some people are just trying to find something / someone to blame. We should have won that game by ourselves and 5 on 5. We were the better team. You don't grow as a team or person if you constantly blame everything else for you failures cause then you fail to self-evaluate which is an important thing. That's a loser / victim attitude and people wth that attitude will always remain losers

Thank you for enlightening us with your insightful wisdom. We are all wiser with this knowledge. Too bad not a single soul here even said it was all the refs' fault. So, your whole lecture seems more self reflective than anything.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Yeah cause I challenged my beliefs and realized I was looking at it from a biased point of you, which made me see it that way. I fully admit it was dumb.

You're so mentally strong, I don't know how you do it - to be able to pinpoint other people's biases out of thin air while simultaneously proclaiming how you go out of your way to challenge yourself and remain so unbiased! We all strive to be like you one day!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Yep, you’re right, bad officiating has never been a factor in a hockey game, ever. 

It also doesn’t change your horrendously flawed broad stroke of a single member in this thread blaming the officials solely for this loss. I count no fewer than 4 people blaming Hynes. And myself not blaming anyone and *gasp* being satisfied with 5 of 6 points, brutal loss or not.

oh and i did blame Andy Greene and Ben Lovejoy

Edited by jagknife
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, devlman said:

You're so mentally strong, I don't know how you do it - to be able to pinpoint other people's biases out of thin air while simultaneously proclaiming how you go out of your way to challenge yourself and remain so unbiased! We all strive to be like you one day!

Calm down Jesus Christ. If you don't constantly see the same people sh!tting on refs game after game I don't know what to tell you. Granted today wasn't bad at all but officiating was still brought up and after a while, it's getting annoying. And it's clearly not hard to see people's bias. It's incredibly obvious.

3 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Yep, you’re right, bad officiating has never been a factor in a hockey game, ever. 

It also doesn’t change your horrendously flawed broad stroke of a single member in this thread blaming the officials solely for this loss. I count no fewer than 4 people blaming Hynes. And myself not blaming anyone and *gasp* being satisfied with 5 of 6 points, brutal loss or not.

oh and Andy Greene and Ben Lovejoy

not what i said at all. I clearly remember bad calls that cost us games. I also remember good fair calls that cost us games with a majority of the board calling bullsh!t.  Sometimes it's going your way and sometime it's not. That's part of the game

2 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

not what i said at all. I clearly remember bad calls that cost us games. I also remember good fair calls that cost us games with a majority of the board calling bullsh!t.  Sometimes it's going your way and sometime it's not. That's part of the game

And, again, not a single person said the just the refs cost us the game, yet here we are. And you’re right you didn’t explicitly say “the refs didn’t play a factor” but you absolutely insuated it when you pretty much sh!t on anyone who are calling them a factor, saying “you don’t grow as a person if you constantly blame someone else.” Which would have been valid had ANYONE said the refs are the only ones to blame 

• Like 1

it was obviously not a well reffed game but in the end - the two goals scored were mistakes by defenders that gave kinkaid no shot of a save.

lovejoy pushing a player into his own goalie - what are you thinking?

and severson not taking away the pass - that is taught from mites. if the straight shot beats kinkaid - you live with that.

also - johansson was again soft as ever and even worse, looked slow. on that line, i suppose it's fine because zacha is also not fast but it kinda kills bratt's speed.

yakovlev is their best skating defender and he doesn't see OT but slow andy greene does - why?

i assume zajac was hurt or something because after the first shift of OT, he didn't get back out there. I don't care that seney got a shift and frankly am fine that he was in the rotation but for a faceoff that didn't seem smart.

yes the devils dominated the game, but i don't think reimer had to make many tough saves.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, sundstrom said:

it was obviously not a well reffed game but in the end - the two goals scored were mistakes by defenders that gave kinkaid no shot of a save.

lovejoy pushing a player into his own goalie - what are you thinking?

and severson not taking away the pass - that is taught from mites. if the straight shot beats kinkaid - you live with that.

also - johansson was again soft as ever and even worse, looked slow. on that line, i suppose it's fine because zacha is also not fast but it kinda kills bratt's speed.

yakovlev is their best skating defender and he doesn't see OT but slow andy greene does - why?

i assume zajac was hurt or something because after the first shift of OT, he didn't get back out there. I don't care that seney got a shift and frankly am fine that he was in the rotation but for a faceoff that didn't seem smart.

yes the devils dominated the game, but i don't think reimer had to make many tough saves.

I actually thought MoJo was fine tonight, especially after the Zacha goal. Hell if Bratt doesn’t fan on the shot, it’s the MoJo pass that would/should have been the winner.

Lovejoy fvcked up badly. Still pissed about him shoving the guy into the net and then keeping the smothering on. If he lets up. It probably actually gets called back because whoever it was made zero attempt to get out of the crease

3 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Chico on the post game radio show loved how the refs called the game today. 

They also talked about how Zajac maybe got hurt and they missed it cause they didn't see him get back on the ice for ot after the first shift. 

I feel like no matter how bad it ever gets, Chico tries his best to be like Switzerland 

• Like 1

Frustrating, but one of those games you could look at in any number of ways...Devils did outplay the Wings for much of the game, but the Wings also hit a couple of posts.  At least the Devils got a point, which does take the some of the sting out of a game like that...not all, but some.

I agree with Nicomo completely...not only is it maddening to see Greene out there in OT, but it's even more so to see plays setting Greene up.  The guy is not a goal scorer and never will be.  Just stop with that.

Happy for Zacha, but hopefully it's not just a brief moment of success in a sea of zilchiness.  

It's hard to be stunned anymore when the refs screw the Devils...it's happened enough times in the past couple of seasons that I'm borderline immune to it.  No, not saying the refs cost them the game today...but I could definitely understand why Hall was barking at them.

Even with the loss and the post puck luck, Devils are least looking better lately.  And Nico should be back soon.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Satans Hockey said:

Chico on the post game radio show loved how the refs called the game today. 

They also talked about how Zajac maybe got hurt and they missed it cause they didn't see him get back on the ice for ot after the first shift. 

Of course he did, watch any game from when Chico played, it's uncalled penalties all the time.  Thankfully the NHL somehow managed to move past that.

As for Zajac getting hurt, I'm not so sure - for as good as Zajac has been this season overall, I don't think Zajac is any good in 3 on 3 OT and the faceoff was on the left circle where Hynes would normally want a lefty to take it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Even with the loss and the post puck luck, Devils are least looking better lately.  And Nico should be back soon.

This this this. 5 of 6 points. They finally look like a team that has heart and or balls.

6 points obviously would be better, but after 2 on a 7 game trip. I’ll take any and all points at this point.

1 minute ago, jagknife said:

I also don’t know if I love Hall being pissed, hate it or somewhere in the middle. Sometimes it gets him going off like a bat out of hell, other times I feel like he starts to press more and makes mistakes.

He shouldn’t have been out there on that last shift after being out there the previous minute. Faceoff is lost and he just falls down like Palms has rubbed off on him. He must’ve been gassed. Led to the 2 on 1.

My interaction with an idiot at Shake Shack:

Idiot: (Noticing my jersey) Hey man, did they win today?

Me: I dont know, I’m recording it. I was so worried you were going to ruin it by telling me the score. 

Idiot: (Pulls our his phone): They lost 3-2 in overtime. 

Me: Thanks D!ckhead.

I know I owe at least $10, was it just the one point? What’s the PayPal address for donating?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, EdgeControl said:

What a crappie point.. we needed to come out of that first period with a two goal advantage .that was domination for 20 mins.. two guys completely miss an open glendening  and we let them right back in.. they played well but the top line needs to score a goal in this game

Top line has done plenty this season.  They're not going to find the net every game.

4 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Me: I dont know, I’m recording it. I was so worried you were going to ruin it by telling me the score. 

I know I owe at least $10, was it just the one point? What’s the PayPal address for donating?

Had to be a Ranger fan...doesn't matter if he did it because he's stupid or because he was being a d!ck...both shoes fit.

My daughter met Dano today and got her picture taken with him...she was thrilled.  Fun moment.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Lol that's horrendous, should have just told him they won lol