NJDfan1711

GDT: Devils vs Canadiens - 11/21/18, 7:00pm

The non-MTL goal was called off because the offensive player's forward motion pushed Kinkaid into the net and away from the puck. Goaltender interference. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Yup, it's $50. Our money seemed so safe a week ago...

Pavel zacha just made this forum a hundred bucks

A8B0B86B-453E-4B0D-A51A-F02772C8244F.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Was sooooooooooo close to going to this one...going to Friday's game though.

Impossible not to be thrilled for Zacha...amazing how puck luck can turn on a dime in the NHL...and what said puck luck can do for someone's confidence and SANITY.

Even if the results have been a little uneven, the Devils have somewhat quietly solidified on D (from a pure GA standpoint, anyway)...they still have iffy moments obviously, but that seven-game disaster of a road trip seems like a distant memory.  

Welcome back Nico!

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

Pavel zacha just made this forum a hundred bucks

A8B0B86B-453E-4B0D-A51A-F02772C8244F.jpeg

Mr zacha has been out best fundraiser all week.

(Thanks!)

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

I hope this is one to build on.  Montreal really didn't show up for this one - it felt like the Devils had speed through the neutral zone all game.  Still, the Devils really got chances the entire 2nd period.

I hope Anderson isn't hurt for too long - didn't seem like much on that hit, clearly it was a big collision but I didn't think he'd have to leave the game as a result.

This might be the first game I've seen where I thought 'Oh yeah, Zacha's arrived'.  It's not just the two goals, it's the fact that he was moving the whole game.  When he's stationary, he's still in good defensive position, but when he's moving he can create problems for defenses as well.   That play on the power play was not a breakaway, but at no point did he look to defer to someone else - he just took it to the net and shot and scored.

• Like 9

Nice to see Mojo playing well tonight after we were just talking about him too. He was skating well out there and making nice passes. Hope it continues. 

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Nice to see Mojo playing well tonight after we were just talking about him too. He was skating well out there and making nice passes. Hope it continues. 

Yep. Now we all need to just talk sh!t about Wood and get him going. 

• Like 2

Unbelievable. Can’t fvcking believe this Zacha guy. 

2 hours ago, DevilMinder said:

Mr zacha has been out best fundraiser all week.

(Thanks!)

I’m going to go ahead and say that the whole pointless streak and subsequent demotion was an elaborate hustle designed to get me & Kinky to donate money. Well played, guys. 

As far as Wood goes, I am not going $50 because my wallet is empty. 

45411387281_1ae62b32cc_b.jpg

But I’ll go $25 if he has a 3 game point streak.

You with me Kinky?

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Triumph said:

I hope this is one to build on.  Montreal really didn't show up for this one - it felt like the Devils had speed through the neutral zone all game.  Still, the Devils really got chances the entire 2nd period.

I hope Anderson isn't hurt for too long - didn't seem like much on that hit, clearly it was a big collision but I didn't think he'd have to leave the game as a result.

This might be the first game I've seen where I thought 'Oh yeah, Zacha's arrived'.  It's not just the two goals, it's the fact that he was moving the whole game.  When he's stationary, he's still in good defensive position, but when he's moving he can create problems for defenses as well.   That play on the power play was not a breakaway, but at no point did he look to defer to someone else - he just took it to the net and shot and scored.

Zacha had been held to one shot or less in 11 out of 12 games prior to this burst...the lone exception was his ultimate "ALMOST" game against the Caps. 

He's now put up 11 shots in these last three games alone.  Hopefully this is truly the beginning of the period we all look back and say "Damn, we were really hard on Zacha...sure, he didn't exactly develop overnight, but man we really were tough on a 21-year-old who had less than two seasons' worth of games under his belt!"  Obviously he's not going to shred like this every game and there will be ebbs and flows, but it would be a bummer if he disappeared again as quickly as he's shown real signs of making progress.  He's clearly playing with real confidence now...would hate to see that go away. 

• Like 3

I think we just saw what Nico means to this team. No offense to Zajac, who is a perfect middle six center, but the top line was just humming all night long. Although he had a goal, I think Hischier's best play of the night was the zone entry that led to Hall's goal. Just insane. I was telling Triumph in chat that I wouldn't be shocked if Zacha pots 20 this year. Bratt and Mojo are two really good passers, who both think the game in a very similar way to PZ. That line has been a ton of fun to watch the last couple of games. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Derlique said:

I think we just saw what Nico means to this team. No offense to Zajac, who is a perfect middle six center, but the top line was just humming all night long. Although he had a goal, I think Hischier's best play of the night was the zone entry that led to Hall's goal. Just insane. I was telling Triumph in chat that I wouldn't be shocked if Zacha pots 20 this year. Bratt and Mojo are two really good passers, who both think the game in a very similar way to PZ. That line has been a ton of fun to watch the last couple of games. 

Really would be beyond awesome if that line emerges as a legit #2 unit.  Last night was one of the rare games where MoJo looked comfortable as a Devil (though even then was still just a little snakebit).  Would like to see them get some time together to see if they can jell, even if the results are a little up-and-down for a while.   

Some observations/thoughts-Duh- Between 1st/2nd Sal pointed out how poor the Canadiens were in their own zone and can easily be exploited.  Loving that 2nd  line Zacha loves playing with them like he said in his on ice interview. 63 is so good defensively, such a great skater. Impressed with 74 last night. He has very good wheels and made good outlet passes, physical.  I'm getting to like our entire D. 12, 25, 28 played really well. (12/25 both getting pk responsibility)  I thought 6 played Drouin wrong on 1st goal (he was already beaten and should've skated toward him instead of pivoting to skate backwards.) Seemed 19 at times was a step behind.  Our bench looked very happy last night. Mojo is a great playmaker, wonder if he should be resigned?  Blockaid was reliable. He'll make Shero's decisions going fw tough w/ regard to him/Schneids.  It's games like this that make you think, this team has a lot of pieces. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, vadvlfan said:

Some observations/thoughts-Duh- Between 1st/2nd Sal pointed out how poor the Canadiens were in their own zone and can easily be exploited.  Loving that 2nd  line Zacha loves playing with them like he said in his on ice interview. 63 is so good defensively, such a great skater. Impressed with 74 last night. He has very good wheels and made good outlet passes, physical.  I'm getting to like our entire D. 12, 25, 28 played really well. (12/25 both getting pk responsibility)  I thought 6 played Drouin wrong on 1st goal (he was already beaten and should've skated toward him instead of pivoting to skate backwards.) Seemed 19 at times was a step behind.  Our bench looked very happy last night. Mojo is a great playmaker, wonder if he should be resigned?  Blockaid was reliable. He'll make Shero's decisions going fw tough w/ regard to him/Schneids.  It's games like this that make you think, this team has a lot of pieces. 

Andy Greene will have plenty of cringe-worthy moments...that's just who he is at this point.

Even if MoJo was to suddenly look like the MoJo we'd all hoped for when the deal was made (the 2016-17 version), not so sure that Shero will re-sign him.  He's already making $4.75 million this year.  If he finishes with 20+ goals and 45-50 points (big IF...he was just held pointless for seven straight games), gotta think he'll be looking for Henrique-type money (maybe less, but at least low $5 mil per season)...he probably won't get as many years as Henrique, but I can't see Shero wanting to go terribly high for him.  I think he'd really have to get hot and stay hot for Shero to consider the possibility. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

3 hours ago, Derlique said:

nico is energized and fresh. its still about stamina with him, imo.. they were stagnating a bit right before the injury and zajac stepped in and looked great for a few.. when they are clicking and flashing that line is super dynamic.. nico beats his man consistently which is huge for hall

same thing bratt does which has energized that line

I hope Hynes keeps the top 6 as is for a while. That was one of those games that make you forget about that awful road trip - lots of fun to watch the team last night. MoJo stepped it up, making the second line really dangerous. In addition to Yakovlev's assist, I'm sure his nose picking/60 was off the charts. That second Zacha goal was so nice to see. A couple weeks ago, he would have passed the puck the second one of the D got in position or pressured him. Really impressive game from him all around. Hopefully this is the beginning of a turning point in his NHL career. He could be on an Adam Larsson-type of trajectory.

Keep it going, boys!!!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Derlique said:

Hall looked like a totally different player from the last 2 weeks, Hischier was creating space for him to do his thing; without Nico in the lineup, I think teams' marching orders were to double up on Hall, but with Nico in the lineup, coaches know better than to leave him alone, so maybe we'll see Hall start getting more goals again. Hischier is such a sound young player, we're very blessed to have him, and he's even making players around him better, which is something to behold for a 19 year old in his 2nd year of NHL hockey. I know that's what 1st overall picks do, and maybe some of this excitement is because we've never had a 1st overall pick, but everyone thought his draft was weak after the McDavid and Matthews years; part of me was prepared for a Nail Yakupov 1st overall situation, but glad Hischier has panned out as, maybe not McDavid, but still a very special player.

Edited by DJ Eco
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Unbelievable. Can’t fvcking believe this Zacha guy. 

I’m going to go ahead and say that the whole pointless streak and subsequent demotion was an elaborate hustle designed to get me & Kinky to donate money. Well played, guys. 

As far as Wood goes, I am not going $50 because my wallet is empty. 

45411387281_1ae62b32cc_b.jpg

But I’ll go $25 if he has a 3 game point streak.

You with me Kinky?

Lmfao. Let’s do it