The Pavel Zacha’s Pointless Streak’s Memorial Fund - place your “bets” here

mfitz804

I keep losing track of all the bets, so I figured why not dedicate a thread to it? It’s obviously fun, we all had a good time at mine and Kinky’s expense. 

THE RULES:

1) All bets must benefit the forum ONLY. No betting in any other manner than “loser donates $xx” or “if XYZ happens, we all donate $x”. 

2) Everyone is free to laugh and make comments. But if you say you’ll donate, then do it. Don’t say you will and then back out. 

I believe the only current bets are by me:

If Wood has points in 3 straight, I contribute $25. 

If Zacha has a hat trick this season, I contribue $37 (no limit on number of hat tricks!)

Feel free to join in any of the above, at the stated amounts or any amount of your choosing. Or make new ones. The point of all of this is to raise funds for a site we all enjoy. And of course to control the actual game like the Zacha bets did lol. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If, in the same game, Cory Schneider gets a win, Ben Lovejoy stays out of the box, Pavel Zacha records a point, Marcus Johannson has a shot on goal, and Kyle Palmieri doesn't fall down, I will donate the dollar equivalent of the combined sum of all the Devils players jersey numbers that dressed for that game. 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

If, in the same game, Cory Schneider gets a win, Ben Lovejoy stays out of the box, Pavel Zacha records a point, Marcus Johannson has a shot on goal, and Kyle Palmieri doesn't fall down, I will donate the dollar equivalent of the combined sum of all the Devils players jersey numbers that dressed for that game. 

That would be something else 😂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Devs3cups said:

That’s what I thought as well. Love Palms a whole lot but the probability of him not falling once in a game is probably 0% 😂

I would add, if he didn't fall, it would mean he was playing with less than his normal intensity, and I wouldn't want that. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Yeah, that was my one out.   If it ends up happening, I may have to go on an installment plan.

You cheated. There's no way anyone will keep track of whether or not Kyle falls, plus I think most aggressive NHL players fall at least once every game. You didn't want to make a real bet so you copped out. ;) 

7 hours ago, NJDfan1711 said:

If, in the same game, Cory Schneider gets a win, Ben Lovejoy stays out of the box, Pavel Zacha records a point, Marcus Johannson has a shot on goal

Come on, let's live a little. There must be a bet you feel comfortable making, if not the uniform numbers. If all four of those happen in one game, put up $20 and I will match you. 

6 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Come on, let's live a little. There must be a bet you feel comfortable making, if not the uniform numbers. If all four of those happen in one game, put up $20 and I will match you. 

Deal.  

Not that I mind being generous and giving back to the place I love to chat at, but....I really don't know the guy(s) behind this site, other than his name (which I forget at the moment) only because it showed up as the person I donated to through Paypal when I lost a bet last year and donated....so I kinda feel like NJDevs/our fellow admins should give us odds or something lol.  

If we lose a bet, a portion of the donation should go to something cool, like an autographed jersey, or even tickets to a game (I wouldn't be able to use them, so maybe scratch that one lol), and the person who lost should be entered into a drawing for that item at the end of the season. Based on the amount of the bet that you donated, it would give you more chances/probability in the drawing, similar to the Draft lottery.  

Just something that came to mind, since I have a vague idea of what running a place like this costs from having done it in the past many moons ago, and I'm just wondering what the owners of this site are going to do with the money once we all start losing bets as our favorite team continues to fvck us hard lol.

But we are betting on success, if they fail we won’t have to donate anything lol. 

I have no clue what it costs to run this place, I do know that they NEVER ask for donations, they just occasionally (once a year?) remind us of the Amazon link. That can’t possibky generate enough revenue to keep the lights on, and even if it does and my $20 winds up in their pocket(s), I’m ok with it for all the work they do keeping the doors open here. 

All that said, a Cory win/Zacha point game is worth $20 every time. 

15 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

But we are betting on success, if they fail we won’t have to donate anything lol. 

I have no clue what it costs to run this place, I do know that they NEVER ask for donations, they just occasionally (once a year?) remind us of the Amazon link. That can’t possibky generate enough revenue to keep the lights on, and even if it does and my $20 winds up in their pocket(s), I’m ok with it for all the work they do keeping the doors open here. 

All that said, a Cory win/Zacha point game is worth $20 every time. 

That's true, I just feel like we're the only ones who have anything to lose, and it's a one-sided bet either way it ends up.  If they succeed as you mentioned, we lose the bet and are out some money.  If they fail, we save money, but we aren't happy because we still have to deal with our players sucking lol.

It's all good though.  As I've said before, I'm grateful this place exists, and you're right, they never ask for donations so I'm happy to make friendly bets like this and contribute here and there to keep this place going.

6 hours ago, NJDfan1711 said:

That's true, I just feel like we're the only ones who have anything to lose, and it's a one-sided bet either way it ends up.  If they succeed as you mentioned, we lose the bet and are out some money.  If they fail, we save money, but we aren't happy because we still have to deal with our players sucking lol.

It's all good though.  As I've said before, I'm grateful this place exists, and you're right, they never ask for donations so I'm happy to make friendly bets like this and contribute here and there to keep this place going.

That's the only purpose of these "bets" anyway, to benefit the site. 

But, I think if I could pay $20 for Cory to win his next start, I would happily do it and so would others. THAT is what we get if we "lose", a Schneider victory. 

• Like 1

On 11/28/2018 at 3:28 PM, mfitz804 said:

That's the only purpose of these "bets" anyway, to benefit the site. 

But, I think if I could pay $20 for Cory to win his next start, I would happily do it and so would others. THAT is what we get if we "lose", a Schneider victory. 

I think it's something many people should consider lol to bet against their team on most nights. So even if their team lose... at least they get money out of it lol

4 minutes ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

I think you’re missing the purpose of this. 

there is no financial gain for anyone here. It’s just “this was great, now I should donate some money to the free website I spend hours on every day”

careful to not donate too much, though. Some members think that’s just “kissing ass.” 

Haha no some members don't think that. You straight up can't read apparently 

1 minute ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

But hey I get it, that's what you get for not kissing ass and making donations to the board I guess. “

it’s weird to lie about things when they can be literally copied and pasted.

ill donate $100 to the forum if this dingus deletes his account. 

I think I definitely missed something. 

10 minutes ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

I think you’re missing the purpose of this. 

there is no financial gain for anyone here. It’s just “this was great, now I should donate some money to the free website I spend hours on every day”

Not suggesting anyone missed the purpose, but yes, that’s the purpose. It’s a “free website” to use, but it’s not free to run. Management needs some help and this is just a fun way to do it. 

Obviously, most people aren’t willing to put their money where their mouth is and this thread has wound up a huge disappointment, but it’s in keeping with the Devils’ season thus far. 

19 minutes ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

But hey I get it, that's what you get for not kissing ass and making donations to the board I guess. “

it’s weird to lie about things when they can be literally copied and pasted.

ill donate $100 to the forum if this dingus deletes his account. 

It's quite ironic when my insanely french ass has to explain basic syntax to someone who strictly talks English. I'll even give you context.

You know when we're all mad that Greene is always put on the ice, getting away with murder and we're all frustrated that some younger guys are scratched or benched over nothing? Then the first thought is always that "Greene must have something on the coach" or wtv lol 

So following that thought, when YOU go around wishing people to get cancer or career-ending injuries CONSTANTLY (which is truly the worst thing someone can say) without any kind of consequences and that I got banned for years for making a JOKE that it "looked like there's a curse on a player cause his dad got cancer".... It makes people wonder why you keep on getting away with that crap and others doesn't. 

Now i said  “But hey I get it, that's what you get for not kissing ass and making donations to the board I guess. " Which has an AND in between the 2, which means they are 2 different things. You then tried to twist it around suggesting I said donating to the board was kissing ass lolol i mean shut the fvck up. I didn't say "kissing ass BY making donations". Anyone able to read can see what you're trying to do here.

But i get it, at this point what other options do you have than trying to demonize someone calling you out lol You're the most offensive and unstable poster here. 

Edited by SterioDesign

21 minutes ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

Idk about disappointment. Would guess there’s been $100+ in donations between mine and your bets so far. That’s pretty solid! 

Mfitz, I’ll get in on one with you. I think the Devils will have a 5 game losing streak (counting OT and starting tomorrow) before they’d have a 5 game win streak. 

So if they lose 5 in a row, you donate $20. If they win 5 in a row, I donate $20. First time it happens, the donor pays up.

Yeah, I can’t take that bet whatsoever. I’m all for supporting the site but that one is just silly at this point. 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

So SD; who is this “we”? Does the entire forum feel like I have blackmail on the moderators to keep me from being banned? Or is it just you and the same 1 or 2 people who vocalize it in nearly every thread? 

Also find it hysterical that you will still bring up a comment I made in bad taste when yours was worse and you tried to defend it. 

Anyway, it’s long overdue so I’m gonna go ahead and put you on ignore and move on. And to you and the others who think I’m bribing DM for some mind numbing reason, I’d ask you to do the same for me. Merry Christmas, boo.

To the rest of yas: please donate. Regardless of what SD says, this website isn’t free and DM shouldn’t have to pay out of pocket. 

Nobody thinks you're REALLY bribing DM lol I made a joke and even gave you an example that it was like when people say Greene must have something on the coaches to get away with murder on the ice constantly with no consequences. Nobody really thinks that. It's making people raise an eyebrow but that's it lol

I don't know what's going on here, but I've never not paid a bet when I agreed to it and lost.  I didn't have time until now, but I just paid the $20 for the bet I said I'd pay if the Devils tied the game on Saturday when it was 3-1.  

These things are for fun, and to support a site we all love.  

I don't really care what the reason is why people choose to make these bets.  Honestly I think the first one goes back to last year between mfitz and I, I forget what it was about, but I think we put 5 bucks on something just to make it interesting and to benefit the site.  It kind of tapered off until recently I think, but again I could be wrong, maybe it started before that.  

If someone doesn't pay up after making a bet, then oh well, not much we can do about it, and maybe they were just saying it in jest.  Me personally, I'm more of a "say what you mean, mean what you say" type of guy, and very much a man of my word.  I also don't make bets I can't afford to pay up.