The Pavel Zacha’s Pointless Streak’s Memorial Fund - place your “bets” here

mfitz804

1 hour ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Honestly I think the first one goes back to last year between mfitz and I, I forget what it was about, but I think we put 5 bucks on something just to make it interesting and to benefit the site.  

It was whether Tavares would re-sign with the Islanders before they hired a new head coach. I believe they hired Trotz later that day or the next day lol.

30 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

It was whether Tavares would re-sign with the Islanders before they hired a new head coach. I believe they hired Trotz later that day or the next day lol.

Oh yeah, that was the one lol.  I think you're right too, it definitely wasn't long after we "shook" and agreed to the bet.  Between these bets on here that I'm losing, and the fact that I can't seem to see a Devils win live in person, I really have a dark cloud hanging over me.

image.thumb.png.fe9300098688481f6a5edba565d94b4e.png

Sports are funny.  This kid will probably make more real dollars in these three ELC years being absolutely terrible at his 'job' than I will in the next 20+ years of my working life.

But to stick to the topic of the thread - I'll donate a hard $100 to the board if Zacha exceeds 30 points this year.  This would pretty much match his pace from last season so I don't think it's all that out there.  

If he doesn't, I'll take the $100 and put it towards attending next season's draft in person so I can berate Conte for a few hours for this stupid fvcking pick.

Edited by Devilsfan118

10 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

Nobody thinks you're REALLY bribing DM lol I made a joke and even gave you an example that it was like when people say Greene must have something on the coaches to get away with murder on the ice constantly with no consequences. Nobody really thinks that. It's making people raise an eyebrow but that's it lol

I've been around since 2006 and can't remember him ever being ban for anything he has said. I wouldn't hold your breath. 

8 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

image.thumb.png.fe9300098688481f6a5edba565d94b4e.png

Sports are funny.  This kid will probably make more real dollars in these three ELC years being absolutely terrible at his 'job' than I will in the next 20+ years of my working life.

But to stick to the topic of the thread - I'll donate a hard $100 to the board if Zacha exceeds 30 points this year.  This would pretty much match his pace from last season so I don't think it's all that out there.  

If he doesn't, I'll take the $100 and put it towards attending next season's draft in person so I can berate Conte for a few hours for this stupid fvcking pick.

I think that bet has the same odds of you winning as betting on Rocky in Rocky IV.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I've been around since 2006 and can't remember him ever being ban for anything he has said. I wouldn't hold your breath. 

Well to be clear i don't want him to be banned lol his knee-jerk reactions posting 80 times per game to sh!t on players are annoying at times but it's still entertaining and he's a great contributor to the board, I also have a very dark humour which makes me appreciate most of his remarks. That being said if I'm getting banned for saying something and see someone getting away with worst constantly, not sure many people would appreciate that

58 minutes ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

SD and his peanut gallery are back! You guys should make a christmas card. I'll send you my address. 

Disliking your tactless and pointless knee jerk remarks puts me on the same level with SD? That seems a bit harsh.

37 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Well to be clear i don't want him to be banned lol his knee-jerk reactions posting 80 times per game to sh!t on players are annoying at times but it's still entertaining and he's a great contributor to the board, I also have a very dark humour which makes me appreciate most of his remarks. That being said if I'm getting banned for saying something and see someone getting away with worst constantly, not sure many people would appreciate that

I don't want him perma-ban or anything and I agree on the entertainment part. I just wouldn't expect parody with regard to what you say(that can get you a temp ban) and what he says(which gets him nothing), and that was more the point of that post.

Edited by NJDevils1214

Just now, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

Ok so now you should attack him, I’ll attack you, he’ll attack me and we’ll have this fun little circle. 

Haha no point in attacking anyone. i made both of your avatars. Let's focus on love pals.

I thought you blocked me? should I be delighted to know that you missed me already? 

6 minutes ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

Couldn’t find the block button on mobile. 

and maybe I missed u

i honestly like you bro lol (in general) We butt head constantly and we would likely fight if we were drunk at the same party but it's like having an annoying and a$$hole brother i guess... when you're annoying and an a$$hole yourself lol 

45 minutes ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

I’ve been banned twice. In 2008 and 2010 I believe. 

And not to be a grammar nazi but “parity” and “parody” mean different things, I always got them mixed up until someone here corrected me.

~The more you know~

I second guessed my use there, should have checked. Thanks, I'll probably remember now. 

Just now, slasher72 said:

Oh, I had no idea we were actually placing real bets. If that's the case, sure. I'm a man of my word. How much do I need to bet and how do I go about doing it? 

Several of us have, but you're not obligated to by any means.  At this point the side bets are arguably the most fun we've had this season, since the Devils on-ice play hasn't given us much to celebrate or be excited about 😂😩

Basically just call your shot, and see if you can find someone else to go opposite of you. Whoever loses, donate said amount to the site.  I do it via Paypal, but there may be other ways.

55 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Several of us have, but you're not obligated to by any means.  At this point the side bets are arguably the most fun we've had this season, since the Devils on-ice play hasn't given us much to celebrate or be excited about 😂😩

Basically just call your shot, and see if you can find someone else to go opposite of you. Whoever loses, donate said amount to the site.  I do it via Paypal, but there may be other ways.

OK.. since you and I are in on this particular bet just message me and I'll do it too. Yea, this could be fun. Of course, now that I threw that date out there watch these guys win on Thursday. Lol. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

I’ll donate $1 for every goal scored against our boys between now and the buzzer after the Devils next win. 

Had you made this bet after our last win, you'd already be down almost $30.

I respect this.  It could get ugly before it gets better lol