Sign in to follow this  
mfitz804

The Pavel Zacha’s Pointless Streak’s Memorial Fund - place your “bets” here

I keep losing track of all the bets, so I figured why not dedicate a thread to it? It’s obviously fun, we all had a good time at mine and Kinky’s expense. 

THE RULES:

1) All bets must benefit the forum ONLY. No betting in any other manner than “loser donates $xx” or “if XYZ happens, we all donate $x”. 

2) Everyone is free to laugh and make comments. But if you say you’ll donate, then do it. Don’t say you will and then back out. 

I believe the only current bets are by me:

If Wood has points in 3 straight, I contribute $25. 

If Zacha has a hat trick this season, I contribue $37 (no limit on number of hat tricks!)

Feel free to join in any of the above, at the stated amounts or any amount of your choosing. Or make new ones. The point of all of this is to raise funds for a site we all enjoy. And of course to control the actual game like the Zacha bets did lol. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If Cory gets a shutout I’ll donate $35. 

• Like 1

Lmao so far Mfitz and I have donated $140 by my count? Let’s keep it rolling. And Mfitz, I already agreed I’m in on the $25 for Wood 3 straight. Is that starting tomorrow? 

The first devils hat trick of the year I’ll donate their jersey number. Kinda hoping it isn’t Johansson. 

Edited by Kinkyisth3b3st
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

And Mfitz, I already agreed I’m in on the $25 for Wood 3 straight. Is that starting tomorrow? 

Yup, starting tomorrow!!

1 hour ago, bostondevil11 said:

Boyle skyway had a hat trick so it wouldn't be the first of the year. 

Boyle Skyway is a neat nickname. But ok, the ~next~ devil to have a hatty.

If, in the same game, Cory Schneider gets a win, Ben Lovejoy stays out of the box, Pavel Zacha records a point, Marcus Johannson has a shot on goal, and Kyle Palmieri doesn't fall down, I will donate the dollar equivalent of the combined sum of all the Devils players jersey numbers that dressed for that game. 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

If, in the same game, Cory Schneider gets a win, Ben Lovejoy stays out of the box, Pavel Zacha records a point, Marcus Johannson has a shot on goal, and Kyle Palmieri doesn't fall down, I will donate the dollar equivalent of the combined sum of all the Devils players jersey numbers that dressed for that game. 

That would be something else 😂

• Like 1

If you didn’t include Kyle in there, it could have actually happened and it would have been a better bet.

Just now, mfitz804 said:

If you didn’t include Kyle in there, it could have actually happened and it would have been a better bet.

That’s what I thought as well. Love Palms a whole lot but the probability of him not falling once in a game is probably 0% 😂

2 hours ago, Devs3cups said:

That’s what I thought as well. Love Palms a whole lot but the probability of him not falling once in a game is probably 0% 😂

I would add, if he didn't fall, it would mean he was playing with less than his normal intensity, and I wouldn't want that. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Yeah, that was my one out.   If it ends up happening, I may have to go on an installment plan.

5 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Yeah, that was my one out.   If it ends up happening, I may have to go on an installment plan.

You cheated. There's no way anyone will keep track of whether or not Kyle falls, plus I think most aggressive NHL players fall at least once every game. You didn't want to make a real bet so you copped out. ;) 

Getting to a point where bets need to be made about winning a fvcking OT game. 

Or even getting a SOG...

7 hours ago, NJDfan1711 said:

If, in the same game, Cory Schneider gets a win, Ben Lovejoy stays out of the box, Pavel Zacha records a point, Marcus Johannson has a shot on goal

Come on, let's live a little. There must be a bet you feel comfortable making, if not the uniform numbers. If all four of those happen in one game, put up $20 and I will match you. 

6 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Come on, let's live a little. There must be a bet you feel comfortable making, if not the uniform numbers. If all four of those happen in one game, put up $20 and I will match you. 

Deal.  

Not that I mind being generous and giving back to the place I love to chat at, but....I really don't know the guy(s) behind this site, other than his name (which I forget at the moment) only because it showed up as the person I donated to through Paypal when I lost a bet last year and donated....so I kinda feel like NJDevs/our fellow admins should give us odds or something lol.  

If we lose a bet, a portion of the donation should go to something cool, like an autographed jersey, or even tickets to a game (I wouldn't be able to use them, so maybe scratch that one lol), and the person who lost should be entered into a drawing for that item at the end of the season. Based on the amount of the bet that you donated, it would give you more chances/probability in the drawing, similar to the Draft lottery.  

Just something that came to mind, since I have a vague idea of what running a place like this costs from having done it in the past many moons ago, and I'm just wondering what the owners of this site are going to do with the money once we all start losing bets as our favorite team continues to fvck us hard lol.

But we are betting on success, if they fail we won’t have to donate anything lol. 

I have no clue what it costs to run this place, I do know that they NEVER ask for donations, they just occasionally (once a year?) remind us of the Amazon link. That can’t possibky generate enough revenue to keep the lights on, and even if it does and my $20 winds up in their pocket(s), I’m ok with it for all the work they do keeping the doors open here. 

All that said, a Cory win/Zacha point game is worth $20 every time. 

15 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

But we are betting on success, if they fail we won’t have to donate anything lol. 

I have no clue what it costs to run this place, I do know that they NEVER ask for donations, they just occasionally (once a year?) remind us of the Amazon link. That can’t possibky generate enough revenue to keep the lights on, and even if it does and my $20 winds up in their pocket(s), I’m ok with it for all the work they do keeping the doors open here. 

All that said, a Cory win/Zacha point game is worth $20 every time. 

That's true, I just feel like we're the only ones who have anything to lose, and it's a one-sided bet either way it ends up.  If they succeed as you mentioned, we lose the bet and are out some money.  If they fail, we save money, but we aren't happy because we still have to deal with our players sucking lol.

It's all good though.  As I've said before, I'm grateful this place exists, and you're right, they never ask for donations so I'm happy to make friendly bets like this and contribute here and there to keep this place going.

6 hours ago, NJDfan1711 said:

That's true, I just feel like we're the only ones who have anything to lose, and it's a one-sided bet either way it ends up.  If they succeed as you mentioned, we lose the bet and are out some money.  If they fail, we save money, but we aren't happy because we still have to deal with our players sucking lol.

It's all good though.  As I've said before, I'm grateful this place exists, and you're right, they never ask for donations so I'm happy to make friendly bets like this and contribute here and there to keep this place going.

That's the only purpose of these "bets" anyway, to benefit the site. 

But, I think if I could pay $20 for Cory to win his next start, I would happily do it and so would others. THAT is what we get if we "lose", a Schneider victory. 

• Like 1

On 11/28/2018 at 3:28 PM, mfitz804 said:

That's the only purpose of these "bets" anyway, to benefit the site. 

But, I think if I could pay $20 for Cory to win his next start, I would happily do it and so would others. THAT is what we get if we "lose", a Schneider victory. 

I think it's something many people should consider lol to bet against their team on most nights. So even if their team lose... at least they get money out of it lol

On 11/28/2018 at 8:07 AM, NJDfan1711 said:

I think you’re missing the purpose of this. 

there is no financial gain for anyone here. It’s just “this was great, now I should donate some money to the free website I spend hours on every day”

careful to not donate too much, though. Some members think that’s just “kissing ass.” 

4 minutes ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

there is no financial gain for anyone here. It’s just “this was great, now I should donate some money to the free website I spend hours on every day”

careful to not donate too much, though. Some members think that’s just “kissing ass.” 

Haha no some members don't think that. You straight up can't read apparently 

But hey I get it, that's what you get for not kissing ass and making donations to the board I guess. “

it’s weird to lie about things when they can be literally copied and pasted.

ill donate $100 to the forum if this dingus deletes his account. 

1 minute ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

But hey I get it, that's what you get for not kissing ass and making donations to the board I guess. “

it’s weird to lie about things when they can be literally copied and pasted.

ill donate $100 to the forum if this dingus deletes his account. 

I think I definitely missed something. 

10 minutes ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

Not suggesting anyone missed the purpose, but yes, that’s the purpose. It’s a “free website” to use, but it’s not free to run. Management needs some help and this is just a fun way to do it. 

Obviously, most people aren’t willing to put their money where their mouth is and this thread has wound up a huge disappointment, but it’s in keeping with the Devils’ season thus far.