Sign in to follow this  
mfitz804

The Pavel Zacha’s Pointless Streak’s Memorial Fund - place your “bets” here

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

I think I definitely missed something. 

Not suggesting anyone missed the purpose, but yes, that’s the purpose. It’s a “free website” to use, but it’s not free to run. Management needs some help and this is just a fun way to do it. 

Obviously, most people aren’t willing to put their money where their mouth is and this thread has wound up a huge disappointment, but it’s in keeping with the Devils’ season thus far. 

Idk about disappointment. Would guess there’s been $100+ in donations between mine and your bets so far. That’s pretty solid! 

Mfitz, I’ll get in on one with you. I think the Devils will have a 5 game losing streak (counting OT and starting tomorrow) before they’d have a 5 game win streak. 

So if they lose 5 in a row, you donate $20. If they win 5 in a row, I donate $20. First time it happens, the donor pays up.

19 minutes ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

But hey I get it, that's what you get for not kissing ass and making donations to the board I guess. “

it’s weird to lie about things when they can be literally copied and pasted.

ill donate $100 to the forum if this dingus deletes his account. 

It's quite ironic when my insanely french ass has to explain basic syntax to someone who strictly talks English. I'll even give you context.

You know when we're all mad that Greene is always put on the ice, getting away with murder and we're all frustrated that some younger guys are scratched or benched over nothing? Then the first thought is always that "Greene must have something on the coach" or wtv lol 

So following that thought, when YOU go around wishing people to get cancer or career-ending injuries CONSTANTLY (which is truly the worst thing someone can say) without any kind of consequences and that I got banned for years for making a JOKE that it "looked like there's a curse on a player cause his dad got cancer".... It makes people wonder why you keep on getting away with that crap and others doesn't. 

Now i said  “But hey I get it, that's what you get for not kissing ass and making donations to the board I guess. " Which has an AND in between the 2, which means they are 2 different things. You then tried to twist it around suggesting I said donating to the board was kissing ass lolol i mean shut the fvck up. I didn't say "kissing ass BY making donations". Anyone able to read can see what you're trying to do here.

But i get it, at this point what other options do you have than trying to demonize someone calling you out lol You're the most offensive and unstable poster here. 

Edited by SterioDesign

21 minutes ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

Idk about disappointment. Would guess there’s been $100+ in donations between mine and your bets so far. That’s pretty solid! 

Mfitz, I’ll get in on one with you. I think the Devils will have a 5 game losing streak (counting OT and starting tomorrow) before they’d have a 5 game win streak. 

So if they lose 5 in a row, you donate $20. If they win 5 in a row, I donate $20. First time it happens, the donor pays up.

Yeah, I can’t take that bet whatsoever. I’m all for supporting the site but that one is just silly at this point. 

• Haha 1

So SD; who is this “we”? Does the entire forum feel like I have blackmail on the moderators to keep me from being banned? Or is it just you and the same 1 or 2 people who vocalize it in nearly every thread? 

Also find it hysterical that you will still bring up a comment I made in bad taste when yours was worse and you tried to defend it. 

Anyway, it’s long overdue so I’m gonna go ahead and put you on ignore and move on. And to you and the others who think I’m bribing DM for some mind numbing reason, I’d ask you to do the same for me. Merry Christmas, boo.

To the rest of yas: please donate. Regardless of what SD says, this website isn’t free and DM shouldn’t have to pay out of pocket. 

23 minutes ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

So SD; who is this “we”? Does the entire forum feel like I have blackmail on the moderators to keep me from being banned? Or is it just you and the same 1 or 2 people who vocalize it in nearly every thread? 

Also find it hysterical that you will still bring up a comment I made in bad taste when yours was worse and you tried to defend it. 

Anyway, it’s long overdue so I’m gonna go ahead and put you on ignore and move on. And to you and the others who think I’m bribing DM for some mind numbing reason, I’d ask you to do the same for me. Merry Christmas, boo.

To the rest of yas: please donate. Regardless of what SD says, this website isn’t free and DM shouldn’t have to pay out of pocket. 

Nobody thinks you're REALLY bribing DM lol I made a joke and even gave you an example that it was like when people say Greene must have something on the coaches to get away with murder on the ice constantly with no consequences. Nobody really thinks that. It's making people raise an eyebrow but that's it lol

I don't know what's going on here, but I've never not paid a bet when I agreed to it and lost.  I didn't have time until now, but I just paid the $20 for the bet I said I'd pay if the Devils tied the game on Saturday when it was 3-1.  

These things are for fun, and to support a site we all love.  

I don't really care what the reason is why people choose to make these bets.  Honestly I think the first one goes back to last year between mfitz and I, I forget what it was about, but I think we put 5 bucks on something just to make it interesting and to benefit the site.  It kind of tapered off until recently I think, but again I could be wrong, maybe it started before that.  

If someone doesn't pay up after making a bet, then oh well, not much we can do about it, and maybe they were just saying it in jest.  Me personally, I'm more of a "say what you mean, mean what you say" type of guy, and very much a man of my word.  I also don't make bets I can't afford to pay up.

1 hour ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Honestly I think the first one goes back to last year between mfitz and I, I forget what it was about, but I think we put 5 bucks on something just to make it interesting and to benefit the site.  

It was whether Tavares would re-sign with the Islanders before they hired a new head coach. I believe they hired Trotz later that day or the next day lol.

30 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

It was whether Tavares would re-sign with the Islanders before they hired a new head coach. I believe they hired Trotz later that day or the next day lol.

Oh yeah, that was the one lol.  I think you're right too, it definitely wasn't long after we "shook" and agreed to the bet.  Between these bets on here that I'm losing, and the fact that I can't seem to see a Devils win live in person, I really have a dark cloud hanging over me.

I was happy to lose the Zacha bet. I’ve not been paying attention and I don’t know if he has any points since then, though. 

image.thumb.png.fe9300098688481f6a5edba565d94b4e.png

Sports are funny.  This kid will probably make more real dollars in these three ELC years being absolutely terrible at his 'job' than I will in the next 20+ years of my working life.

But to stick to the topic of the thread - I'll donate a hard $100 to the board if Zacha exceeds 30 points this year.  This would pretty much match his pace from last season so I don't think it's all that out there.  

If he doesn't, I'll take the $100 and put it towards attending next season's draft in person so I can berate Conte for a few hours for this stupid fvcking pick.

Edited by Devilsfan118

10 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

Nobody thinks you're REALLY bribing DM lol I made a joke and even gave you an example that it was like when people say Greene must have something on the coaches to get away with murder on the ice constantly with no consequences. Nobody really thinks that. It's making people raise an eyebrow but that's it lol

I've been around since 2006 and can't remember him ever being ban for anything he has said. I wouldn't hold your breath. 

8 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

image.thumb.png.fe9300098688481f6a5edba565d94b4e.png

Sports are funny.  This kid will probably make more real dollars in these three ELC years being absolutely terrible at his 'job' than I will in the next 20+ years of my working life.

But to stick to the topic of the thread - I'll donate a hard $100 to the board if Zacha exceeds 30 points this year.  This would pretty much match his pace from last season so I don't think it's all that out there.  

If he doesn't, I'll take the $100 and put it towards attending next season's draft in person so I can berate Conte for a few hours for this stupid fvcking pick.

I think that bet has the same odds of you winning as betting on Rocky in Rocky IV.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I've been around since 2006 and can't remember him ever being ban for anything he has said. I wouldn't hold your breath. 

SD and his peanut gallery are back! You guys should make a christmas card. I'll send you my address. 

28 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Well to be clear i don't want him to be banned lol his knee-jerk reactions posting 80 times per game to sh!t on players are annoying at times but it's still entertaining and he's a great contributor to the board, I also have a very dark humour which makes me appreciate most of his remarks. That being said if I'm getting banned for saying something and see someone getting away with worst constantly, not sure many people would appreciate that

58 minutes ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

SD and his peanut gallery are back! You guys should make a christmas card. I'll send you my address. 

Disliking your tactless and pointless knee jerk remarks puts me on the same level with SD? That seems a bit harsh.

37 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Well to be clear i don't want him to be banned lol his knee-jerk reactions posting 80 times per game to sh!t on players are annoying at times but it's still entertaining and he's a great contributor to the board, I also have a very dark humour which makes me appreciate most of his remarks. That being said if I'm getting banned for saying something and see someone getting away with worst constantly, not sure many people would appreciate that

I don't want him perma-ban or anything and I agree on the entertainment part. I just wouldn't expect parody with regard to what you say(that can get you a temp ban) and what he says(which gets him nothing), and that was more the point of that post.

Edited by NJDevils1214

17 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Disliking your tactless and pointless knee jerk remarks puts me on the same level with SD? That seems a bit harsh.

Hey now. What "level" is this exactly? lol

2 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Hey now. What "level" is this exactly? lol

Ok so now you should attack him, I’ll attack you, he’ll attack me and we’ll have this fun little circle. 

21 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I don't want him perma-ban or anything and I agree on the entertainment part. I just wouldn't expect parody with regard to what you say(that can get you a temp ban) and what he says(which gets him nothing), and that was more the point of that post.

I’ve been banned twice. In 2008 and 2010 I believe. 

And not to be a grammar nazi but “parity” and “parody” mean different things, I always got them mixed up until someone here corrected me.

~The more you know~

Just now, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

Ok so now you should attack him, I’ll attack you, he’ll attack me and we’ll have this fun little circle. 

Haha no point in attacking anyone. i made both of your avatars. Let's focus on love pals.

I thought you blocked me? should I be delighted to know that you missed me already? 

Just now, SterioDesign said:

Haha no point in attacking anyone. i made both of your avatars. Let's focus on love pals.

I thought you blocked me? should I be delighted to know that you missed me already? 

Couldn’t find the block button on mobile. 

and maybe I missed u

6 minutes ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

Couldn’t find the block button on mobile. 

and maybe I missed u

i honestly like you bro lol (in general) We butt head constantly and we would likely fight if we were drunk at the same party but it's like having an annoying and a$$hole brother i guess... when you're annoying and an a$$hole yourself lol 

5 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

i honestly like you bro lol (in general) We butt head constantly and we would likely fight if we were drunk at the same party but it's like having an annoying and a$$hole brother i guess... when you're annoying and an a$$hole yourself lol 

the bizarre feeling is mutual. 

45 minutes ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

I’ve been banned twice. In 2008 and 2010 I believe. 

And not to be a grammar nazi but “parity” and “parody” mean different things, I always got them mixed up until someone here corrected me.

~The more you know~

I second guessed my use there, should have checked. Thanks, I'll probably remember now. 

Things in the betting thread have taken an interesting turn.