The Pavel Zacha’s Pointless Streak’s Memorial Fund - place your “bets” here

mfitz804

11 hours ago, DevilMinder said:

Njdevs is @njdevs

You still get the money via Paypal, right?  That's how I've been paying all of my bets, it's just easiest for me.  I can't pay all of that 500 right now, but I sent the first installment yesterday, and as I wrote in the note, more is on the way eventually lol.

1 hour ago, NJDfan1711 said:

You still get the money via Paypal, right?  That's how I've been paying all of my bets, it's just easiest for me.  I can't pay all of that 500 right now, but I sent the first installment yesterday, and as I wrote in the note, more is on the way eventually lol.

I always pay via PayPal. I'm too old to learn how to send money by Venmo now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

I always pay via PayPal. I'm too old to learn how to send money by Venmo now. 

59 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Ditto. 

It's actually owned by PayPal and is basically the same thing except if you're into that kind of thing, which I'm not, you're friends and family can see who you're paying and what for and put stupid Emojiis for it.

I just put my payments on private because it's fvcking stupid. I prefer PayPal but most people I know use Venmo now so kinda stuck using it. 

28 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

It's actually owned by PayPal and is basically the same thing except if you're into that kind of thing, which I'm not, you're friends and family can see who you're paying and what for and put stupid Emojiis for it.

I just put my payments on private because it's fvcking stupid. I prefer PayPal but most people I know use Venmo now so kinda stuck using it. 

More and more, I've needed a Venmo account and may sign up for it soon. Mostly related to activities where people "chip in" for something, or laying out money for someone because circumstances are such that they cannot be present, and then everyone wants to be paid back by Venmo. 

I suppose I will have to figure it out one day. 

8 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

More and more, I've needed a Venmo account and may sign up for it soon. Mostly related to activities where people "chip in" for something, or laying out money for someone because circumstances are such that they cannot be present, and then everyone wants to be paid back by Venmo. 

I suppose I will have to figure it out one day. 

Honestly if you know how to use PayPal already you're not going to have a hard time with it. The app is really easy to use. It's basically run the same way except instead of putting in email addresses to send money you put peoples handles/usernames like @njdevs

1 minute ago, Satans Hockey said:

Honestly if you know how to use PayPal already you're not going to have a hard time with it. The app is really easy to use. It's basically run the same way except instead of putting in email addresses to send money you put peoples handles/usernames like @njdevs

I'm pretty sure I will be able to figure it out. Next time it comes up, I will. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

It doesn't seem like we're inclined to stop mentioning it either lol. 

In your defense, it did seem a pretty unlikely comeback at the time...

Yeah, I can't say I blame you guys lol. 

A day or two after it happened I went back and read the posts leading up to and after that, because it was a Friday, late, and I had had a few drinks and wanted to see if I just made a really dumb bet, but I think it was pretty safe - you even want as far as to say exactly that, "your money is safe" lol.  

6 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Yeah, I can't say I blame you guys lol. 

A day or two after it happened I went back and read the posts leading up to and after that, because it was a Friday, late, and I had had a few drinks and wanted to see if I just made a really dumb bet, but I think it was pretty safe - you even want as far as to say exactly that, "your money is safe" lol.  

Yeah, I mean I donated too, so obviously I didn't think it would happen either. I just wasn't quite as magnanimous as some...

21 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I'll buy the rights to njdevs.com and all of its intellectual property from DevilMinder for $5,000 if we win tonight by two or more goals, none of which can be an empty netter, and Yakolev scores a goal.

You don't have to do this, man

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Crisis said:

You don't have to do this, man

You know, I love a good bet, and I was more or less being facetious (though, I swear, I AM a man of my word, and that last bet I made weeks ago is/will be paid) and if this ends up happening I'll feel really good helping put Brad's kids through college lol, but after seeing our lineup in the other thread moments ago, I actually feel really good about this one.

2 hours ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I'll buy the rights to njdevs.com and all of its intellectual property from DevilMinder for $5,000 if we win tonight by two or more goals, none of which can be an empty netter, and Yakolev scores a goal.

1 hour ago, NJDfan1711 said:

You know, I love a good bet, and I was more or less being facetious (though, I swear, I AM a man of my word, and that last bet I made weeks ago is/will be paid) and if this ends up happening I'll feel really good helping put Brad's kids through college lol, but after seeing our lineup in the other thread moments ago, I actually feel really good about this one.

This is totally going to make the game worth watching tonight. I totally love that the $500 bet did not teach you a lesson. 😉

As the official judge of these things, since its my thread, NJDfan1711 said he was being facetious, AND there was no offer by DevilMinder to sell the site (NJD did NOT offer $5,000 if he loses, he offered a purchase of the site for $5,000), this bet is NOT binding. Observation as to whether the terms of this bet are met will purely be academic. 

Unless DevilMinder offers NJD ownership of the site for $5,000, or course...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

This is totally going to make the game worth watching tonight. I totally love that the $500 bet did not teach you a lesson. 😉

As the official judge of these things, since its my thread, NJDfan1711 said he was being facetious, AND there was no offer by DevilMinder to sell the site (NJD did NOT offer $5,000 if he loses, he offered a purchase of the site for $5,000), this bet is NOT binding. Observation as to whether the terms of this bet are met will purely be academic. 

Unless DevilMinder offers NJD ownership of the site for $5,000, or course...

5k frankly seems light to buy the domain and IP

7 hours ago, aylbert said:

5k frankly seems light to buy the domain and IP

I just threw a number out there, it wasn't any true valuation lol, though, to be fair, this site isn't revenue-producing (other than the donations we all make, which lately has been plentiful lol), so you could probably make an easy argument for any number, really.