Fire Hynes

Daniel

Hynes would get a pass if he was constantly outcoaching opponents. But he's not that type of coach. As good of a guy as he is, he'd be hard to miss.

What you keep hearing players say in regards to Hynes is, "We'd kill for that guy." Maybe they like him a little too much.

Long story short, what I'm saying is bring me Alain Vigneault.

I'm pretty sure Taylor Hall would consider twice to resign here if Hynes is fired... First time, he is such in love with a coach.

Risky move... 
But i'm not sure we will going to see it pretty soon.... One of the reason Shero was fired from the Pens was his inability to pull the trigger with his beloved coach.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, moustic said:

I'm pretty sure Taylor Hall would consider twice to resign here if Hynes is fired... First time, he is such in love with a coach.

Risky move... 
But i'm not sure we will going to see it pretty soon.... One of the reason Shero was fired from the Pens was his inability to pull the trigger with his beloved coach.

Believe me, this team losing constantly will do a lot more to convince Hall to walk than firing Hynes.

I don't put it all on Hynes btw, he didn't get much to build upon this year as far as players go. I just don't think he's doing much to help.

• Like 1

I’m using this as the “Official Venting About Hynes Thread”

Its time to hold your piece of rubber dogsh!t captain accountable, John. Greene needs to sit. Go watch this tape, don’t burn it like Dano loves to tell you to do, and come up with a legit fvcking reason he shouldn’t be scolded for the second and third Tampa goals.

4th goal edit. Losing a puck battle on the 4th, fvcking pathetic. **

** - denotes space reserved for inevitable additional goals scored tonight where Greene is a spectator while his partner tries.

Edited by jagknife
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, jagknife said:

I’m using this as the “Official Venting About Hynes Thread”

Its time to hold your piece of rubber dogsh!t captain accountable, John. Greene needs to sit. Go watch this tape, don’t burn it like Dano loves to tell you to do, and come up with a legit fvcking reason he shouldn’t be scolded for the second and third Tampa goals.**

** - denotes space reserved for inevitable additional goals scored tonight where Greene is a spectator while his partner tries.

I guess it’s hard to hold people accountable when you aren’t held accountable yourself. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

If the Devils don’t win in sunrise tomorrow I think Hynes stays in Florida. 

I don’t know man.... Shero waited FOREVER to pull the trigger on Disco Dan back in Pittsburgh. I’m not convinced Hynes doesn’t get the whole season no matter what. 

6 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I don’t know man.... Shero waited FOREVER to pull the trigger on Disco Dan back in Pittsburgh. I’m not convinced Hynes doesn’t get the whole season no matter what. 

Thing is Disco Dan had a great roster to play with so that makes it less acceptable to get sh!tty results. Hynes doesn't have much.

• Like 1

Just now, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

Hynes doesn’t have much, no, but Hynes also doesn’t have a team so devoid of talent that we can’t be at the very least competitive most nights. 

We’re getting embarrassed. 2015 embarrassed. 

Yeah and he "Technically" got those same guys motivated last season. so it's possible lol

10 minutes ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

He “technically” needed a career season from Taylor Hall to squeak into the playoffs by 1 single point last year. 

After opening the season 4-0, he’s won 5 of the next seventeen games. SEVENTEEN. 

He’s done nothing here that has earned him a leash. I’ll give him til Christmas before I start screaming to fire him, but this team is significantly more talented than the Islanders and looking up at them in the standings. 

That’s coaching. 

We’re an atrocity defensively and we have onegoalie who can’t stop giving up 5+ goals and a backup who has at times overperformed, but he’s still a backup.

I’m not saying Hynes is blameless, but come on, you ask a guy to cut down a tree and then you don’t give him any saws, just a handful of nail files...he hasn’t got the tools to be successful. 

4 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I’m not saying Hynes is blameless, but come on, you ask a guy to cut down a tree and then you don’t give him any saws, just a handful of nail files...he hasn’t got the tools to be successful. 

He’s got enough tools to not be in last place. 

5 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

He’s got enough tools to not be in last place. 

Agree to disagree on that. Games like tonight’s, we never had a chance because of Cory. There’s no way to coach your way out of that. Only thing he could’ve done is played KK, but KK can’t play them all. 

It’s too easy to say “he isn’t motivating them”, and as I often point out, we have no clue what he is or isn’t doing behind the scenes.

Like I said, is he part of it? Maybe. All of it? Definitely not. And I find it difficult to believe they were motivated enough by him to make the playoffs last year and it suddenly went away. 

6 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Agree to disagree on that. Games like tonight’s, we never had a chance because of Cory. There’s no way to coach your way out of that. Only thing he could’ve done is played KK, but KK can’t play them all. 

It’s too easy to say “he isn’t motivating them”, and as I often point out, we have no clue what he is or isn’t doing behind the scenes.

Like I said, is he part of it? Maybe. All of it? Definitely not. And I find it difficult to believe they were motivated enough by him to make the playoffs last year and it suddenly went away. 

Well, sh!t happens and sometimes coaches lose their jobs even if they may not necessarily deserve to. Hynes probably won’t get fired, but I’m starting to think these guys may have just tuned him out to a certain extent. 

43 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

We’re an atrocity defensively and we have onegoalie who can’t stop giving up 5+ goals and a backup who has at times overperformed, but he’s still a backup.

true and we have 17m of unused cap space while Tampa has a full team, bunch of top guys in their prime. There's only so much you can do

• Like 2

Lol there’s no way Hynes is getting fired any time soon. Please remember this is a squad in desperate need of its GM to add pieces. We are trotting out the likes of Seney, Schneider, Greene, Zacha, and the rest of these loser dipsh!ts and expecting better results? Nah man, reset those expectations. Scotty Bowman couldn’t coach this team out of last place.

• Like 2

This team is in the state it's in due to years of Lou/Conte incompetence and idiocy. This will not be a quick fix by any means. With that said, if Shero cant get it done it will set the franchise back even further. He has a mess on his hands. Defense is horrible,  there's no legitimate starting goalie and if Kinkaid walks...then what? There are no scorers beyond the first line,  etc etc. Hynes is part of the problem but he has very little to work with. 

• Like 1