Fire Hynes

Daniel

Just now, Satans Hockey said:

I rarely bitch and moan about coaches but this really soured me on him tonight. I'm all aboard the fire Hynes bandwagon. 

I tried, I really did. I endured his asinine decisions with the defense, his unrelenting support for a failure in Nasradine, and his emotionless self game after game, but this is fvcking it. You bench the guy you want to be your franchise superstar for having a rough night?! Meanwhile Greene gets game after game, and top pairing minutes or damn close to it?! Take your bald headed ass back down to the minors and figure out how to be an effective coach whose message doesn’t fall on deaf ears after just a few years. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, jagknife said:

I tried, I really did. I endured his asinine decisions with the defense, his unrelenting support for a failure in Nasradine, and his emotionless self game after game, but this is fvcking it. You bench the guy you want to be your franchise superstar for having a rough night?! Meanwhile Greene gets game after game, and top pairing minutes or damn close to it?! Take your bald headed ass back down to the minors and figure out how to be an effective coach whose message doesn’t fall on deaf ears after just a few years. 

To be fair, Hall deserved to be benched. He was beyond awful tonight. But yeah, Greene’s minutes make no sense, there’s no explanation there.

47 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I rarely bitch and moan about coaches but this really soured me on him tonight. I'm all aboard the fire Hynes bandwagon. 

That's what soured you on Hynes?  If anything I wish he did MORE of what he did tonight, benching guys like Hall as opposed to just Mirco Mueller.  Hall's been so invisible to subpar lately (his tying goal against Winnipeg aside) I didn't even notice he was benched.  Heck I'd bench Wood's ass before Andy Greene.  Greene should be playing less but it's not like any of the other humpty dumpties on D will be any better.

Hynes is racing with Todd Bowles to see who can hit the unemployment line first but honestly I just don't see where the replacement is coming from here.  They don't have anyone on the staff deserving of even an interim job.  Kowalsky's the worst assistant I've seen in god knows how long as evidenced by this PP which is saying something as a Devils-Jets fan, and Nas isn't all that far ahead of him.  Grier's a first-time coach and the AHL coach just got promoted from the ECHL.  I don't know who Shero's gonna get from the outside that'll take over in-season or whether it'll even matter at all, Bylsma would annoy me but he's safely on the Wings' staff for now.  Quenneville's not taking this job and Shero's not hiring someone making a bigger salary than him.

Edited by NJDevs4978
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

Why isn't Amanda or someone asking the hard questions after games? I'd like to at least hear a bullsh!t reason why Greene can get away with murder like that? We all know we wouldnt get a real answer but at least lol 

Amanda is absolutely trying to be the positive, friendly reporter. You’ll never get that kind of question out of her. If only we had TG, or if Larry Brooks wasn’t a blue blooded Ranger homer...

7 hours ago, NJDevs4978 said:

That's what soured you on Hynes?  If anything I wish he did MORE of what he did tonight, benching guys like Hall as opposed to just Mirco Mueller.  Hall's been so invisible to subpar lately (his tying goal against Winnipeg aside) I didn't even notice he was benched.  Heck I'd bench Wood's ass before Andy Greene.  Greene should be playing less but it's not like any of the other humpty dumpties on D will be any better.

Hynes is racing with Todd Bowles to see who can hit the unemployment line first but honestly I just don't see where the replacement is coming from here. 

I give Hynes more leeway cause the team stinks and the fact that I always place more blame on the players then the coaching staff but benching Hall who still has 4 points in the last 5 games just pissed me off, especially when he's one of the few bright spots about spending money to see this team this year.

Sure he could absolutely play better, especially last night but when everyone else on the team absolutely sucks it makes it look like a joke. Even more so when nobody says anything about the captain on this team who is absolutely horrid. 

I have no idea who they can bring in either at this point, the only bright side is Lou can't get behind the bench this time lol

• Like 2

8 hours ago, devlman said:

To be fair, Hall deserved to be benched. He was beyond awful tonight. But yeah, Greene’s minutes make no sense, there’s no explanation there.

Hall was bad no doubt. He's earned a pass for carrying the team on his back last season though imo.  This season I think he's trying too hard to help out our mediocre defence. Why Greene hasn't spent time in the press box though is beyond me.  I thought the team had been making progress under Hynes but his adoption of the Pete DeBoer selective accountability method of coaching really p1sses me off.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

Why isn't Amanda or someone asking the hard questions after games? I'd like to at least hear a bullsh!t reason why Greene can get away with murder like that? We all know we wouldnt get a real answer but at least lol 

Amanda works for the team. Only so far she can really go.... it’s on the beat writers like Chris Ryan and Abby Mastracco to ask those questions. 

• Like 3

I always try to get up and excited for each game that maybe just maybe we are going to turn a corner. Last night was no different but by the time Cory went in and let in his first shot I realized I have lost that we will win the next one feeling. Not sure what the mood in that locker room must be, but it sure feels like they no longer believe they can win against teams like Tampa. Offensively we have lost more than a step from last year which is scary, Defensively, well its a Nightmare. ( I do like the way Yakovlev is playing ). Special teams is a mess and goaltending has officially hit rock bottom. I think Cory would have problems stopping a beach ball and kinky is so inconsistent. We went from a team that was rebuilding with promise and fun to watch to a team with no identity that's weak and it starts with the GM to the coach they have lost the players and the team. Time for some new blood as GM and Coach, But who? Do you go with a rookie say like Marty Who has been a GM in training for a while now. Maybe a coach like Scott Stevens who could preach toughness and would Never let the players quit. I don't know. But after last nights Sh!t show Its obvious the players are quitting on this team and the coach. My rant is over thank you for listening..:argh::soap:

49 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Amanda works for the team. Only so far she can really go.... it’s on the beat writers like Chris Ryan and Abby Mastracco to ask those questions. 

Mrs. Met still covers the Devils? I mean I unfollowed her but I figured she was wrapped up in the Cano trade or something...

39 minutes ago, Devs1965 said:

I always try to get up and excited for each game that maybe just maybe we are going to turn a corner. Last night was no different but by the time Cory went in and let in his first shot I realized I have lost that we will win the next one feeling. Not sure what the mood in that locker room must be, but it sure feels like they no longer believe they can win against teams like Tampa. Offensively we have lost more than a step from last year which is scary, Defensively, well its a Nightmare. ( I do like the way Yakovlev is playing ). Special teams is a mess and goaltending has officially hit rock bottom. I think Cory would have problems stopping a beach ball and kinky is so inconsistent. We went from a team that was rebuilding with promise and fun to watch to a team with no identity that's weak and it starts with the GM to the coach they have lost the players and the team. Time for some new blood as GM and Coach, But who? Do you go with a rookie say like Marty Who has been a GM in training for a while now. Maybe a coach like Scott Stevens who could preach toughness and would Never let the players quit. I don't know. But after last nights Sh!t show Its obvious the players are quitting on this team and the coach. My rant is over thank you for listening..:argh::soap:

I agree the coach has lost the team, based solely on the compete level and the atrocities he calls decisions, but to say the GM lost them is a major stretch. Ray's in a brutal spot right now, but I'm more than willing to give him more time and another coach to get out of it. I'm not ready to toss away the coach who has built us into an organization that has something resembling a feeder system. Its not where we want it to be, by any stretch, but we're also not nearly as bad as when he started.

• Like 3

Just now, jagknife said:

Mrs. Met still covers the Devils? I mean I unfollowed her but I figured she was wrapped up in the Cano trade or something...

I agree the coach has lost the team, based solely on the compete level and the atrocities he calls decisions, but to say the GM lost them is a major stretch. Ray's in a brutal spot right now, but I'm more than willing to give him more time and another coach to get out of it. I'm not ready to toss away the coach who has built us into an organization that has something resembling a feeder system. Its not where we want it to be, by any stretch, but we're also not nearly as bad as when he started.

I agree and maybe its my anger at the whole situation, But I also feel he has been a little complacent, I realize that FA was not a way to go this year. I would really like to see him hold his coaches a little more accountable. At this point bring up some youth and play them. I guess it would just be nice to see some accountability. 

Oh and please for christ sake can we practice more winning face offs... 

faceoff-tips1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

The same reason Dano spins the faux-positive bullsh!t every broadcast.

They're on the payroll.  You can't expect objective reporting/analysis from someone who is getting their paychecks from the team.

• Like 2

But anyway, to my eye Hynes has completely lost the room.  You have veteran guys just dogging it out there at this point.

Is it Hynes' fault that this team is completely ill-equipped to start the season?  No - that falls on Shero's shoulders.  He cannot honestly have gone into this season with the expectation of making the playoffs without making any significant offseason changes.  And his trades for Maroon, Grabner, and Johansson are looking like duds.  So Shero's losing my patience. 

You also cannot fault Hynes for getting sh!t goaltending from his two NHL goalies. 

But ultimately, it's his job to have this team competing, and they're not.  Hynes is a dead man walking, and our lame duck captain is hopefully a buyout candidate this offseason.  Major changes need to be made.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

But anyway, to my eye Hynes has completely lost the room.  You have veteran guys just dogging it out there at this point.

Is it Hynes' fault that this team is completely ill-equipped to start the season?  No - that falls on Shero's shoulders.  He cannot honestly have gone into this season with the expectation of making the playoffs without making any significant offseason changes.  And his trades for Maroon, Grabner, and Johansson are looking like duds.  So Shero's losing my patience. 

You also cannot fault Hynes for getting sh!t goaltending from his two NHL goalies. 

But ultimately, it's his job to have this team competing, and they're not.  Hynes is a dead man walking, and our lame duck captain is hopefully a buyout candidate this offseason.  Major changes need to be made.

I don’t agree Hynes has lost the room. Tough to make a case that that’s happened so fast, especially when the effort level is still there - they’re still outshooting teams and I don’t see the players not giving a sh!t out there. I agree with everything else you say - Hynes can’t teach his goalies to stop a puck, can’t work with a lot of th dead weight on this team right now. Shero needs to determine what this team is and make some moves one way or the other.

51 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Shero bet pretty hard that Cory would bounce back (his play in the playoffs probably bolstered that idea), and that KK could be a solid-to-above average starter (if need be) capable of another big run.  And with Cory's salary and offseason surgery, not like Shero really had much choice...he wasn't going to bring in another goalie. 

He also bet that a lot of the young guys would build upon last year.  Hasn't really happened yet, and in some cases, we've seen some regression to boot...and on that note, he probably thought that MoJo could have a bounceback year, which also hasn't happened yet. 

Speaking of MoJo, that deal made perfect sense at the time.  And if he hadn't dealt for Maroon and Grabner, there would've been plenty of bitching about how Shero stood pat with a playoff berth on the line.  Unfortunately the deals didn't quite work out (Maroon wasn't a dud, he played pretty well here, but Shero rolled the dice on being able retain him), but that sh!t happens.  There really isn't much that Shero's done that put me in "What the hell kind of sh!t move is that Ray?!" mode.  I feel like he's made good moves that unfortunately aren't working out as expected...sometimes you're unlucky.  And I understand him wanting to sort through what he already had.  He did plenty of acquiring...sometimes you take a step back and see what you've got, especially when you've got some younger, cost-controlled players. 

I do think that since Plan A is starting to show some serious cracks, that Shero will adjust...it may not happen as quickly as you want it to, but it will happen. 

Re:  the bolded...c'mon, do you really think Shero DOESN'T want to ice a competitive team?  Do you think he wanted it to go this way?  He went in with a plan that he thought would be successful (mostly guys bouncing back and others developing), and based on the talent here, I can understand why. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, devlman said:

I don’t agree Hynes has lost the room. Tough to make a case that that’s happened so fast, especially when the effort level is still there - they’re still outshooting teams and I don’t see the players not giving a sh!t out there. I agree with everything else you say - Hynes can’t teach his goalies to stop a puck, can’t work with a lot of th dead weight on this team right now. Shero needs to determine what this team is and make some moves one way or the other.

The effort ain’t always there, Hynes himself admits it. The fact this team can only give a consistent effort every other year when they have something to prove is alarming.

Plus I do wonder if something happened in the room early in the season, they looked freaking dominant in the first four games, it’s not like the faux great Mets start of their season where they were lucky to win games. Pointing at benching JQ seems silly to me but that’s the only thing I can think of, maybe unnecessarily changing a winning lineup looking for perfection got the eyes rolling and heads scratching.

Edited by NJDevs4978

3 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

The effort ain’t always there, Hynes himself admits it. The fact this team can only give a consistent effort every other year when they have something to prove is alarming.

Plus I do wonder if something happened in the room early in the season, they looked freaking dominant in the first four games, it’s not like the faux great Mets start of their season where they were lucky to win games. Pointing at benching JQ seems silly to me but that’s the only thing I can think of, maybe unnecessarily changing a winning lineup got the eyes rolling.

Over the passed two weeks, what game did we play where the effort level stunk? I mean, im not saying theyre going all out for 60 mins, but for the most part it at least appears as if theyre trying. if Hynes lost the room you'd be seeing a lot less frustration from the players and a lot more time dogging it on the ice. 

I also didnt understand the JQ benching, but that cant be the reason. Here's the number one reason we're in last place right now: Our schedule. Every other game is against a cup contender, it seems. Weve already played Tampa, Wash, and Wpg, 7 times. We need a good stretch of games against LA, the Rags, Chicago, etc...

Edited by devlman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, devlman said:

Here's the number one reason we're in last place right now: Our schedule. Every other game is against a cup contender, it seems. Weve already played Tampa, Wash, and Wpg, 7 times. We need a good stretch of games against LA, the Rags, Chicago, etc...

That's part of the reason our record is so bad, but it's far from the number one reason.  I have news for you, the reason why it seems like we've played so many games against so many cup contenders, is because next to us, EVERYONE is a cup contender.  We're inferior to all but a few teams, maybe 5 at most, so no matter who comes up next on the schedule, it's going to seem like a hard one.  Now, this team isn't second class in terms of raw talent, but they are second class collectively.  This team has talent and skill, there's no doubt about it, but collectively, there are many things going wrong as a whole which has led to this disaster at this point in the season.  I'm talking forwards not producing, defensemen unable to keep up, an ineffective and poorly managed powerplay, goaltending that has been terrible or streaky at best, odd and/or random coaching and lineup decisions....etc, etc, etc.  

Edited by NJDfan1711
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Plus I do wonder if something happened in the room early in the season, they looked freaking dominant in the first four games, it’s not like the faux great Mets start of their season where they were lucky to win games. Pointing at benching JQ seems silly to me but that’s the only thing I can think of, maybe unnecessarily changing a winning lineup looking for perfection got the eyes rolling and heads scratching.

I'm now on the firm side of believing those four games were a faux positive. Opener was good, then 3 teams on either road trips or back halves of tough back to backs, which rightfully they should have taken advantage of.