Sign in to follow this  
Daniel

Fire Hynes

7 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Are you talking about my post from yesterday? IF so I broke down in details why Lou/Conte set the franchise back quite and a bit and that it will take time to recover, there's absolutely no way around it UNLESS you get insanely lucky (and we did winning the lottery and getting Nico). I don't see how anyone looking at it would say that it makes almost no sense. And that we should be way better off 4 years later. Well WE ARE a LOT better off than what we had, that's a hard fact. We're actually LUCKY to be where we are now.

Just for sh!ts and giggles... go through the exercise of where we were when Shero picked up the team... and go through every draft and who was available on the market every summer... and tell us how the team could be better with realistic moves? The one and only thing i could fault Shero is not landing Skinner. Which... god knows maybe he has a good reason. 

To make it easier I bolded the players that were "done" already. We had the OLDEST and SLOWEST team int he league. Our top scorer was Henrique with 43 points. So. Considering most first-round picks outside of the top 3 can take 2-3 years before they make the NHL and have some sort of impact. Walk us through how you make this team better than a team who made the playoffs 3 years later? I don't think you realize how much of a pure miracle it is that we turned it around and made the playoffs last year. 

Lineup in 2014-2015

Cammalleri - Henrique - Palmieri

Elias - Zajac - Jagr

Ryder - Gomez - Zubrus

Havlat - Josefson - Gionta

Next in line: Tootoo - Ruutu - Bernier (top prospect =  Reid Boucher)

Greene - Salvador

Larsson - Gelinas

Severson - Zidlicky

Next in line: Harrold - Merril 

Schneider / Kinkaid

Good God. How in the hell could Lou put a team like that on the ice with a straight face!?

And Conte was pissed off that he was passed over for the GM spot once the new owners demoted Lou. Lol. It's laughable. 

Thank God both of them are now with the NYI. Only a matter of time before he starts gutting that team out in the same manner. Give him a few years..

Just now, slasher72 said:

Good God. How in the hell could Lou put a team like that on the ice with a straight face!?

The percentage of those guys who are no longer in the league less than THREE YEARS LATER is staggering. 

Also staggering is that one of those guys who was done 3 years ago IS still on the team. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

The percentage of those guys who are no longer in the league less than THREE YEARS LATER is staggering. 

Also staggering is that one of those guys who was done 3 years ago IS still on the team. 

even our then top prospect STILL isn't an NHL regular lol 

1 hour ago, SterioDesign said:

even our then top prospect STILL isn't an NHL regular lol 

That is just chance, but like 80% of your team retiring or being unable to get an NHL job...

9 hours ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I'm not upset with the job Shero has done so far - in fact I've been on record defending him when so many others here have been pissed at him for doing 'nothing' this past off-season.  But that still doesn't mean I will constantly blame the current state of the team on things that happened 5 years ago.  

I just don't like the idea of simply giving it time, waiting 2-3 more years (that's being generous), and essentially hoping it's somehow going to get better with sheer time alone. It's not like fine wine where it'll just get better with age, without actually doing anything.  Lots of things have to go right while we wait for that time to pass.  We can't just let ugly contracts expire and let seasons slip away until finally, one day, everyone says "OK, the Lou days are DEFINTIELY over now, let's start from this point forward".  

I read your comments and I truly don't understand exactly what it is that makes you not understand the whole situation. 

It's like you want a black and white answer and it's completely impossible as there's soooo many variables.

When we say we need more time (few years) it's not because we think it will magically be okay in X amount of time. It's because you need X amount of "opportunities" to add players (which only come a few times every year through draft, trades or free agency). And those players are rarely a guarantee to be a good one or a good fit. 

I feel like you don't realize how bad the team was when Shero picked it up and how many players we needed to replace in term of roster players and prospects. We had 2 forward with top 6 potential and not a single D that had top 2 potential. 

We drafted 3 times since Conte left. First year it was a weak class and we were picking after a big drop in talent on top of that, so we got McLeod. Then we got lucky and drafted Nico AND Bratt. Then we drafted Smith which will be good. Our prospect pool is slowly growing but it's obviously up in the air if those kids will develop. Coleman was drafted in 2011 and he made the team last year, like 6 years later. It takes time. 

On 11/25/2018 at 9:42 PM, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

If the Devils don’t win in sunrise tomorrow I think Hynes stays in Florida. 

Well....

I will donate $25 to the forum when they finally fire our spineless lizard of a coach. 

FVCK JOHN HYNES. 

1 minute ago, Daniel said:

Well....

Can only pray. fvck the Devils, and fvck John Hynes. 

I fvcking HATE this pathetic Mickey Mouse organization.

the issue with firing hynes is who you have to replace him - he goes, nas goes with him. kowalski isn't an NHL head coach nor is Greer. so they need to have someone ready to hire. and that's also a big step back for shero. 

3 minutes ago, sundstrom said:

the issue with firing hynes is who you have to replace him - he goes, nas goes with him. kowalski isn't an NHL head coach nor is Greer. so they need to have someone ready to hire. and that's also a big step back for shero. 

Kowalsky should have been fired at intermission.  

There’s Quenneville or perhaps Vinaugt.

12 minutes ago, sundstrom said:

If only there was a three time stanley cup champion coach who just recently got fired.

quenneville has already said he's not coming back this year and not going with a "rebuilding team". 

i saw enough of vigneault burying young guys to know he is absolutely NOT what we want.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, sundstrom said:

quenneville has already said he's not coming back this year and not going with a "rebuilding team". 

i saw enough of vigneault burying young guys to know he is absolutely NOT what we want.

Didn’t know Q said that. There goes my hope for an upgrade. 

I’m honestly at my lowest point as far as my sports teams go since before we got Hall. 

I don't know who's out there, but GM's have to have at least one or two guys in mind at all times don't they?

I don't think Hynes survives until Christmas if we continue to lose like this.

51 minutes ago, sundstrom said:

Yeah agreed - hard pass on Vigneault.  Doesn't seem to be the coach for a young team. 

54 minutes ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

If only there was a three time stanley cup champion coach who just recently got fired.

Thing is... how good is he really without a Kane, Toews, Keith, Seabrook and Sharp all in their prime 

15 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Thing is... how good is he really without a Kane, Toews, Keith, Seabrook and Sharp all in their prime 

I’d venture he’s better than last place in the fvcking league with a 2017 playoff team.

Just now, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

I’d venture he’s better than last place in the fvcking league with a 2017 playoff team.

To start we're not last place in the fvcking league (we're actually just as close to be last in the league than being in the playoffs right now)... and eventhough yes we made the playoffs last year... anyone looking at the situation wouldn't call us a true playoffs team. Florida was a way way better team than we were and only missed by a point cause they dug themselves a hole early in the season an ran out of time. And we made it with a career year from Hall and guys rallying around a dude beating cancer. We overachieved big time.

32 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

He had a lot of success in St. Louis. Didn’t he take the Blues to the playoffs like 7 straight seasons? 

Just now, Nicomo said:

He had a lot of success in St. Louis. Didn’t he take the Blues to the playoffs like 7 straight seasons? 

Sure but would he be called a 3 times cup winner without having that insane core to work with?

I'm obviously not saying he's a bad coach and i wouldn't mind having him in NJ. But I'm still asking

Can Shero at least rehire Conte so he can fire him again, perhaps getting ejected from the building in the style Axel Foley at Victor Maitland’s office?

42 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Can Shero at least rehire Conte so he can fire him again, perhaps getting ejected from the building in the style Axel Foley at Victor Maitland’s office?

that's not bad enough...

how 'bout hiring his whole family... then fire them all right in front of him? 

9 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

How good would Shero have been in Pitt without the talent that he had to work with?  And that's not to knock Shero, because even though some of his more recent "on paper" moves haven't worked out lately (MoJo, Grabner...I was in favor of both deals), I still have a lot of faith in him. 

Really hard to win without an impressive core, and some bona-fide stars.  But we've seen our fair share of really good teams that never ever get over the hump.  Quenneville managed to do it three times...not saying that he was the sole reason, and who knows, maybe there's another coach out there that could've gotten similar results...but the fact remains, he DID it.  I don't think too much should be taken away from him. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

13 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

RrD.gif

At least they aren’t falling for the banana in the tailpipe.

49 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

How good would Shero have been in Pitt without the talent that he had to work with?  And that's not to knock Shero, because even though some of his more recent "on paper" moves haven't worked out lately (MoJo, Grabner...I was in favor of both deals), I still have a lot of faith in him. 

Really hard to win without an impressive core, and some bona-fide stars.  But we've seen our fair share of really good teams that never ever get over the hump.  Quenneville managed to do it three times...not saying that he was the sole reason, and who knows, maybe there's another coach out there that could've gotten similar results...but the fact remains, he DID it.  I don't think too much should be taken away from him. 

Agreed. You don’t become 2nd in all time wins behind only Scotty Bowman unless you’re a damn good coach. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

Agreed. You don’t become 2nd in all time wins behind only Scotty Bowman unless you’re a damn good coach. 

And no coach wins championships without great players. Period.