Sign in to follow this  
Daniel

Fire Hynes

Yeah, they’re brutal on FO. Other than Zajac anyway. 

9 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

Why isn't Amanda or someone asking the hard questions after games? I'd like to at least hear a bullsh!t reason why Greene can get away with murder like that? We all know we wouldnt get a real answer but at least lol 

The same reason Dano spins the faux-positive bullsh!t every broadcast.

They're on the payroll.  You can't expect objective reporting/analysis from someone who is getting their paychecks from the team.

• Like 2

But anyway, to my eye Hynes has completely lost the room.  You have veteran guys just dogging it out there at this point.

Is it Hynes' fault that this team is completely ill-equipped to start the season?  No - that falls on Shero's shoulders.  He cannot honestly have gone into this season with the expectation of making the playoffs without making any significant offseason changes.  And his trades for Maroon, Grabner, and Johansson are looking like duds.  So Shero's losing my patience. 

You also cannot fault Hynes for getting sh!t goaltending from his two NHL goalies. 

But ultimately, it's his job to have this team competing, and they're not.  Hynes is a dead man walking, and our lame duck captain is hopefully a buyout candidate this offseason.  Major changes need to be made.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

But anyway, to my eye Hynes has completely lost the room.  You have veteran guys just dogging it out there at this point.

Is it Hynes' fault that this team is completely ill-equipped to start the season?  No - that falls on Shero's shoulders.  He cannot honestly have gone into this season with the expectation of making the playoffs without making any significant offseason changes.  And his trades for Maroon, Grabner, and Johansson are looking like duds.  So Shero's losing my patience. 

You also cannot fault Hynes for getting sh!t goaltending from his two NHL goalies. 

But ultimately, it's his job to have this team competing, and they're not.  Hynes is a dead man walking, and our lame duck captain is hopefully a buyout candidate this offseason.  Major changes need to be made.

I don’t agree Hynes has lost the room. Tough to make a case that that’s happened so fast, especially when the effort level is still there - they’re still outshooting teams and I don’t see the players not giving a sh!t out there. I agree with everything else you say - Hynes can’t teach his goalies to stop a puck, can’t work with a lot of th dead weight on this team right now. Shero needs to determine what this team is and make some moves one way or the other.

51 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Shero bet pretty hard that Cory would bounce back (his play in the playoffs probably bolstered that idea), and that KK could be a solid-to-above average starter (if need be) capable of another big run.  And with Cory's salary and offseason surgery, not like Shero really had much choice...he wasn't going to bring in another goalie. 

He also bet that a lot of the young guys would build upon last year.  Hasn't really happened yet, and in some cases, we've seen some regression to boot...and on that note, he probably thought that MoJo could have a bounceback year, which also hasn't happened yet. 

Speaking of MoJo, that deal made perfect sense at the time.  And if he hadn't dealt for Maroon and Grabner, there would've been plenty of bitching about how Shero stood pat with a playoff berth on the line.  Unfortunately the deals didn't quite work out (Maroon wasn't a dud, he played pretty well here, but Shero rolled the dice on being able retain him), but that sh!t happens.  There really isn't much that Shero's done that put me in "What the hell kind of sh!t move is that Ray?!" mode.  I feel like he's made good moves that unfortunately aren't working out as expected...sometimes you're unlucky.  And I understand him wanting to sort through what he already had.  He did plenty of acquiring...sometimes you take a step back and see what you've got, especially when you've got some younger, cost-controlled players. 

I do think that since Plan A is starting to show some serious cracks, that Shero will adjust...it may not happen as quickly as you want it to, but it will happen. 

Re:  the bolded...c'mon, do you really think Shero DOESN'T want to ice a competitive team?  Do you think he wanted it to go this way?  He went in with a plan that he thought would be successful (mostly guys bouncing back and others developing), and based on the talent here, I can understand why. 

• Like 3

I wouldn't complain about the Maroon deal at all. He took less money to go to St Louis for family reasons. I can't fault Shero on that

• Like 1

1 hour ago, devlman said:

I don’t agree Hynes has lost the room. Tough to make a case that that’s happened so fast, especially when the effort level is still there - they’re still outshooting teams and I don’t see the players not giving a sh!t out there. I agree with everything else you say - Hynes can’t teach his goalies to stop a puck, can’t work with a lot of th dead weight on this team right now. Shero needs to determine what this team is and make some moves one way or the other.

The effort ain’t always there, Hynes himself admits it. The fact this team can only give a consistent effort every other year when they have something to prove is alarming.

Plus I do wonder if something happened in the room early in the season, they looked freaking dominant in the first four games, it’s not like the faux great Mets start of their season where they were lucky to win games. Pointing at benching JQ seems silly to me but that’s the only thing I can think of, maybe unnecessarily changing a winning lineup looking for perfection got the eyes rolling and heads scratching.

Edited by NJDevs4978

3 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

The effort ain’t always there, Hynes himself admits it. The fact this team can only give a consistent effort every other year when they have something to prove is alarming.

Plus I do wonder if something happened in the room early in the season, they looked freaking dominant in the first four games, it’s not like the faux great Mets start of their season where they were lucky to win games. Pointing at benching JQ seems silly to me but that’s the only thing I can think of, maybe unnecessarily changing a winning lineup got the eyes rolling.

Over the passed two weeks, what game did we play where the effort level stunk? I mean, im not saying theyre going all out for 60 mins, but for the most part it at least appears as if theyre trying. if Hynes lost the room you'd be seeing a lot less frustration from the players and a lot more time dogging it on the ice. 

I also didnt understand the JQ benching, but that cant be the reason. Here's the number one reason we're in last place right now: Our schedule. Every other game is against a cup contender, it seems. Weve already played Tampa, Wash, and Wpg, 7 times. We need a good stretch of games against LA, the Rags, Chicago, etc...

Edited by devlman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, devlman said:

Here's the number one reason we're in last place right now: Our schedule. Every other game is against a cup contender, it seems. Weve already played Tampa, Wash, and Wpg, 7 times. We need a good stretch of games against LA, the Rags, Chicago, etc...

That's part of the reason our record is so bad, but it's far from the number one reason.  I have news for you, the reason why it seems like we've played so many games against so many cup contenders, is because next to us, EVERYONE is a cup contender.  We're inferior to all but a few teams, maybe 5 at most, so no matter who comes up next on the schedule, it's going to seem like a hard one.  Now, this team isn't second class in terms of raw talent, but they are second class collectively.  This team has talent and skill, there's no doubt about it, but collectively, there are many things going wrong as a whole which has led to this disaster at this point in the season.  I'm talking forwards not producing, defensemen unable to keep up, an ineffective and poorly managed powerplay, goaltending that has been terrible or streaky at best, odd and/or random coaching and lineup decisions....etc, etc, etc.  

Edited by NJDfan1711
  • Like 1

Doghousing JQ just because he didn’t get any points was a mistake. Rewatch those first few games and the Wood-Zajac-JQ line had some solid chemistry, no glaring defensive shortcomings by JQ - why break it up move everyone up and down the lineup, Hynsie?

1 hour ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Plus I do wonder if something happened in the room early in the season, they looked freaking dominant in the first four games, it’s not like the faux great Mets start of their season where they were lucky to win games. Pointing at benching JQ seems silly to me but that’s the only thing I can think of, maybe unnecessarily changing a winning lineup looking for perfection got the eyes rolling and heads scratching.

I'm now on the firm side of believing those four games were a faux positive. Opener was good, then 3 teams on either road trips or back halves of tough back to backs, which rightfully they should have taken advantage of.

On ‎12‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 8:35 AM, NJDfan1711 said:

Just for the hell of it, here's some silver lining and some Monday morning optimism.

- Counting games in hand, we are literally only 2 points out of a wild card spot

- You could make the argument that the hard part of our schedule is sort of over.  Despite the short road trip we're about to embark on, we're not playing too many tough teams.  Anaheim's the only real strong one. After that, we have the majority of games at home to finish out the month, and it's a mix of some good teams and some bad teams.

- The team is very healthy - Bratt, Boyle, Mojo, and Santini have all recovered.  

- The season is just a little more than a quarter of the way through.

Sure if you look at the standings and some recent history, there's more to be down about than there are positives, but if you believe in the law of averages, it's entirely possible that things will even out and eventually we'll get some breaks, the PP will start clicking, Cory may even get a win, and so forth.

I honestly would play Kinkaid the next 4 games, including the back to back next Sun/Mon, and then give Cory the start, at home, against Vegas.  See if he can get a win, and then see how KK fairs against Nashville.  After tonight, get through this road trip and see where we are then.  If we're 10-13-6 or anything worse than that, maybe you consider making some serious moves and looking towards next season.

Dead on.  This is one of those times where it's not good to be right.