Sign in to follow this  
Daniel

Fire Hynes

20 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

That's a very rosy and over-optimistic spin.  That would be the case if we win all of our games in hand.

I know it is.  I said that in the very first sentence.

Just wanted to point out a couple things that could be perceived as positives, for all of the bridge jumpers out there. 

8 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Here's my issue:

Cory through 12/27 last season (28 games):  17-6-4 record, .923 save%

KK's last 21 games of 2018 (regular season only):  16-3-1, .929 save%

Even though both goalies struggled at times, they each enjoyed an extended run of very good play.  Where do the Devils get that kind of goaltending this season?  Especially with the defense looking shakier overall than last year?

I'm all for optimism and I haven't given up on the season, but the goaltending situation is what I keep circling back to.  I just don't think we're getting a run like that from either of these guys in 2018-19. 

I'm with ya.  Cory's been terrible, we know that.  KK hasn't been terrible, but he hasn't been so amazing to make up for some of the other issues on the team, like defense that you mentioned.  I can't say it's likely that we do get a performance the rest of the way that will make up for those issues, or that some of those issues will just correct themselves, but I don't think it's entirely out of the realm of possibility either. 

Last 5 starts:

KK:

0-1-3 .890 save % 4.50 GAA

Cory:

0-5-0 .863 save % 3.80 GAA

In other words, both goalies are terrible.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Last 5 starts:

KK:

0-1-3 .890 save % 4.50 GAA

Cory:

0-5-0 .863 save % 3.80 GAA

In other words, both goalies are terrible.

You don't think the fact that 4 of those 5 games for Kinkaid were against Montreal, the Islanders, Washington, and Winnipeg had anything to do with that?  I mean it's not like he played Arizona, Chicago, Ottawa, or St. Louis.

8 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

You don't think the fact that 4 of those 5 games for Kinkaid were against Montreal, the Islanders, Washington, and Winnipeg had anything to do with that?  I mean it's not like he played Arizona, Chicago, Ottawa, or St. Louis.

You left out Florida where we were up 2-0.

Cory's opponents in those 5: Det, Ott, Wpg, Car, TB.

1 minute ago, DevsMan84 said:

You left out Florida where we were up 2-0.

Cory's opponents in those 5: Det, Ott, Wpg, Car, TB.

Yeah, I left out Florida because that was the one opponent we should have beaten.  No excuses there.

And I didn't mention Cory and his opponents, because he's just been flat out terrible regardless, and as we all know it stems from prior to this season.

I'm essentially just being an apologist for KK at this point.  I mean, this is really the first and only season the guy's ever been called upon to be a true starter, and he doesn't have the best defense in front of him by any stretch of the imagination, so I just can't pile on and fault him for some bad games here and there.  All things considered, I think he's been fine.  Not terrible, not great, but good enough.

Just now, NJDfan1711 said:

Yeah, I left out Florida because that was the one opponent we should have beaten.  No excuses there.

And I didn't mention Cory and his opponents, because he's just been flat out terrible regardless, and as we all know it stems from prior to this season.

I'm essentially just being an apologist for KK at this point.  I mean, this is really the first and only season the guy's ever been called upon to be a true starter, and he doesn't have the best defense in front of him by any stretch of the imagination, so I just can't pile on and fault him for some bad games here and there.  All things considered, I think he's been fine.  Not terrible, not great, but good enough.

At least you admitted to having an agenda.

Both have not been good.

I also think giving Cory the Vegas start is begging to get blown out. They’re finally hitting their stride and have 3 of 4 lines scoring

5 hours ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Kink has stretches. Stretches of good and stretches of not. He's either making those saves like against WPG or he is turning the puck over and handing them open nets.

Can we at least fire whoever runs the PP? Ffs is it pathetic. Hall has 0 PPG through 26 games. What they’re doing is clearly not working. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, jagknife said:

This fvcktard benches Hall but other idiots (Greene) remain unscathed?!

fvck Hynes

Not a big fan of selective accountability myself.  

• Like 5

1 hour ago, jagknife said:

This fvcktard benches Hall but other idiots (Greene) remain unscathed?!

fvck Hynes

I rarely bitch and moan about coaches but this really soured me on him tonight. I'm all aboard the fire Hynes bandwagon. 

• Like 4

Just now, Satans Hockey said:

I rarely bitch and moan about coaches but this really soured me on him tonight. I'm all aboard the fire Hynes bandwagon. 

I tried, I really did. I endured his asinine decisions with the defense, his unrelenting support for a failure in Nasradine, and his emotionless self game after game, but this is fvcking it. You bench the guy you want to be your franchise superstar for having a rough night?! Meanwhile Greene gets game after game, and top pairing minutes or damn close to it?! Take your bald headed ass back down to the minors and figure out how to be an effective coach whose message doesn’t fall on deaf ears after just a few years. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, jagknife said:

I tried, I really did. I endured his asinine decisions with the defense, his unrelenting support for a failure in Nasradine, and his emotionless self game after game, but this is fvcking it. You bench the guy you want to be your franchise superstar for having a rough night?! Meanwhile Greene gets game after game, and top pairing minutes or damn close to it?! Take your bald headed ass back down to the minors and figure out how to be an effective coach whose message doesn’t fall on deaf ears after just a few years. 

To be fair, Hall deserved to be benched. He was beyond awful tonight. But yeah, Greene’s minutes make no sense, there’s no explanation there.

47 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

That's what soured you on Hynes?  If anything I wish he did MORE of what he did tonight, benching guys like Hall as opposed to just Mirco Mueller.  Hall's been so invisible to subpar lately (his tying goal against Winnipeg aside) I didn't even notice he was benched.  Heck I'd bench Wood's ass before Andy Greene.  Greene should be playing less but it's not like any of the other humpty dumpties on D will be any better.

Hynes is racing with Todd Bowles to see who can hit the unemployment line first but honestly I just don't see where the replacement is coming from here.  They don't have anyone on the staff deserving of even an interim job.  Kowalsky's the worst assistant I've seen in god knows how long as evidenced by this PP which is saying something as a Devils-Jets fan, and Nas isn't all that far ahead of him.  Grier's a first-time coach and the AHL coach just got promoted from the ECHL.  I don't know who Shero's gonna get from the outside that'll take over in-season or whether it'll even matter at all, Bylsma would annoy me but he's safely on the Wings' staff for now.  Quenneville's not taking this job and Shero's not hiring someone making a bigger salary than him.

Edited by NJDevs4978
  • Like 2

Why isn't Amanda or someone asking the hard questions after games? I'd like to at least hear a bullsh!t reason why Greene can get away with murder like that? We all know we wouldnt get a real answer but at least lol 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

Why isn't Amanda or someone asking the hard questions after games? I'd like to at least hear a bullsh!t reason why Greene can get away with murder like that? We all know we wouldnt get a real answer but at least lol 

Amanda is absolutely trying to be the positive, friendly reporter. You’ll never get that kind of question out of her. If only we had TG, or if Larry Brooks wasn’t a blue blooded Ranger homer...

7 hours ago, NJDevs4978 said:

That's what soured you on Hynes?  If anything I wish he did MORE of what he did tonight, benching guys like Hall as opposed to just Mirco Mueller.  Hall's been so invisible to subpar lately (his tying goal against Winnipeg aside) I didn't even notice he was benched.  Heck I'd bench Wood's ass before Andy Greene.  Greene should be playing less but it's not like any of the other humpty dumpties on D will be any better.

Hynes is racing with Todd Bowles to see who can hit the unemployment line first but honestly I just don't see where the replacement is coming from here. 

I give Hynes more leeway cause the team stinks and the fact that I always place more blame on the players then the coaching staff but benching Hall who still has 4 points in the last 5 games just pissed me off, especially when he's one of the few bright spots about spending money to see this team this year.

Sure he could absolutely play better, especially last night but when everyone else on the team absolutely sucks it makes it look like a joke. Even more so when nobody says anything about the captain on this team who is absolutely horrid. 

I have no idea who they can bring in either at this point, the only bright side is Lou can't get behind the bench this time lol

• Like 2

8 hours ago, devlman said:

To be fair, Hall deserved to be benched. He was beyond awful tonight. But yeah, Greene’s minutes make no sense, there’s no explanation there.

Hall was bad no doubt. He's earned a pass for carrying the team on his back last season though imo.  This season I think he's trying too hard to help out our mediocre defence. Why Greene hasn't spent time in the press box though is beyond me.  I thought the team had been making progress under Hynes but his adoption of the Pete DeBoer selective accountability method of coaching really p1sses me off.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

Amanda works for the team. Only so far she can really go.... it’s on the beat writers like Chris Ryan and Abby Mastracco to ask those questions. 

• Like 3

I always try to get up and excited for each game that maybe just maybe we are going to turn a corner. Last night was no different but by the time Cory went in and let in his first shot I realized I have lost that we will win the next one feeling. Not sure what the mood in that locker room must be, but it sure feels like they no longer believe they can win against teams like Tampa. Offensively we have lost more than a step from last year which is scary, Defensively, well its a Nightmare. ( I do like the way Yakovlev is playing ). Special teams is a mess and goaltending has officially hit rock bottom. I think Cory would have problems stopping a beach ball and kinky is so inconsistent. We went from a team that was rebuilding with promise and fun to watch to a team with no identity that's weak and it starts with the GM to the coach they have lost the players and the team. Time for some new blood as GM and Coach, But who? Do you go with a rookie say like Marty Who has been a GM in training for a while now. Maybe a coach like Scott Stevens who could preach toughness and would Never let the players quit. I don't know. But after last nights Sh!t show Its obvious the players are quitting on this team and the coach. My rant is over thank you for listening..:argh::soap:

7 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Firing Shero would be beyond stupid. 

Yeah I mean... that’s insanity at this point. Nowhere near there (yet).

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Amanda works for the team. Only so far she can really go.... it’s on the beat writers like Chris Ryan and Abby Mastracco to ask those questions. 

Mrs. Met still covers the Devils? I mean I unfollowed her but I figured she was wrapped up in the Cano trade or something...

39 minutes ago, Devs1965 said:

I always try to get up and excited for each game that maybe just maybe we are going to turn a corner. Last night was no different but by the time Cory went in and let in his first shot I realized I have lost that we will win the next one feeling. Not sure what the mood in that locker room must be, but it sure feels like they no longer believe they can win against teams like Tampa. Offensively we have lost more than a step from last year which is scary, Defensively, well its a Nightmare. ( I do like the way Yakovlev is playing ). Special teams is a mess and goaltending has officially hit rock bottom. I think Cory would have problems stopping a beach ball and kinky is so inconsistent. We went from a team that was rebuilding with promise and fun to watch to a team with no identity that's weak and it starts with the GM to the coach they have lost the players and the team. Time for some new blood as GM and Coach, But who? Do you go with a rookie say like Marty Who has been a GM in training for a while now. Maybe a coach like Scott Stevens who could preach toughness and would Never let the players quit. I don't know. But after last nights Sh!t show Its obvious the players are quitting on this team and the coach. My rant is over thank you for listening..:argh::soap:

I agree the coach has lost the team, based solely on the compete level and the atrocities he calls decisions, but to say the GM lost them is a major stretch. Ray's in a brutal spot right now, but I'm more than willing to give him more time and another coach to get out of it. I'm not ready to toss away the coach who has built us into an organization that has something resembling a feeder system. Its not where we want it to be, by any stretch, but we're also not nearly as bad as when he started.

• Like 3

Just now, jagknife said:

Mrs. Met still covers the Devils? I mean I unfollowed her but I figured she was wrapped up in the Cano trade or something...

I agree the coach has lost the team, based solely on the compete level and the atrocities he calls decisions, but to say the GM lost them is a major stretch. Ray's in a brutal spot right now, but I'm more than willing to give him more time and another coach to get out of it. I'm not ready to toss away the coach who has built us into an organization that has something resembling a feeder system. Its not where we want it to be, by any stretch, but we're also not nearly as bad as when he started.

I agree and maybe its my anger at the whole situation, But I also feel he has been a little complacent, I realize that FA was not a way to go this year. I would really like to see him hold his coaches a little more accountable. At this point bring up some youth and play them. I guess it would just be nice to see some accountability. 

Oh and please for christ sake can we practice more winning face offs... 

faceoff-tips1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1