Sign in to follow this  
NJDfan1711

GDT: Devils @ Lightning - 11/25/18, 7:00pm

Well, I'll be at this one again.  Third game for me in about a month or so.  The last one I went to at this stadium didn't end well at all, and the most recent game I went to exactly a week ago didn't start well at all.  Maybe I'm just bad luck, but I hope not.  I did wear my red Adidas Hall jersey both times...thinking about wearing my white CCM blank jersey tonight.  

Going up against their backup tonight because Vasi is still out, so we should have a pretty good chance, BUT...it looks like Schneider is already confirmed?!  Wtf.   I don't think I can sit through another game watching him.  

Please just win.

Didn't realize we play tomorrow too, so I guess splitting the goalies makes sense, but still...why does Schneider have to be in net for the game I go to?  Ugh.

Anyway, Yakolev back in the lineup and Mueller out.  Wish it was Lovejoy out, but whatever.  Noesen back in too.

LGD.

Yak in for Mueller has given me enough of an indication that Hynes has zero fvcking idea what he’s doing. 

I’m ready to move on, I hope Shero is too. 

Just now, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

Yak in for Mueller has given me enough of an indication that Hynes has zero fvcking idea what he’s doing. 

I’m ready to move on, I hope Shero is too. 

Why do you feel that way? I like Yak so far, think he's done a decent job. Like I said, wish it was Lovejoy that was out, but I don't think Mueller's been so amazing so far this year that sitting him is unthinkable.

Just now, NJDfan1711 said:

Why do you feel that way? I like Yak so far, think he's done a decent job. Like I said, wish it was Lovejoy that was out, but I don't think Mueller's been so amazing so far this year that sitting him is unthinkable.

In this humble poster’s opinion, young guys need more reps than a journeyman bottom pair defender who’s been a penalty liability recently.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jas0nMacIsaac said:

Lovejoy is far too important on the PK to take out of the lineup.

Agree. LJ has actually been ok this year and is a big part of a stout PK unit. Mueller, has no idea what he's doing with the puck and has had positional lapses, which he can't afford to have due to his lack of puck skills. Yak deserves another shot. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I wanted Yak in. 

Mueller hasn’t been amazing but he’s significantly better than Lovejoy and Greene. The fact that Lovejoy is playing tonight makes me ready to move on.

5 on 5 it's probably a wash but like Jason mentioned Lovejoy and Greene are better on the PK for sure. And we keep taking dumb penalties so we need them

I wish the games were swapped cause Im supposed to play tomorrow night but I'd rather watch that game. 

every once in awhile the boys are coming out and play like the 2000s devils and get an unlikely win when i feel there's not much hope.

im hoping for one of those tnight.

Chalking this up as a L since Cory is playing. Hope to be pleasantly surprised, but I expect the worst. 

Agree that Mueller coming out was the right move. He brings very little most games. 

1 hour ago, Jas0nMacIsaac said:

Lovejoy is far too important on the PK to take out of the lineup.

dude where the fvck have you been for a month and a half? havent seen you post since october!

1 hour ago, jagknife said:

dude where the fvck have you been for a month and a half? havent seen you post since october!

Just posting less, the daily witch hunts on here and at HF are a little too much for my liking.

• Like 1

LGD  need a strong game here.. 60 mins of hard skating..   hopefully cory can play well from puck drop this time

Nice pass by Nico! No holding call which was so fvckING obvious, but what else is new.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Devs3cups said:

Nice pass by Nico! No holding call which was so fvckING obvious, but what else is new.

Seriously, how the fvck do they miss that?

Just now, NJDevils1214 said:

Seriously, how the fvck do they miss that?

The ref was right in front. Ridiculous

Well done Cory 🙄

My Cory shutout bet is safer money than the gold in Ft. Knox. 

• Haha 1