GDT: Devils @ Lightning - 11/25/18, 7:00pm

NJDfan1711

Just now, SterioDesign said:

I'm not quite sure what we can do other than being patient and hoping some good UFA are available next summer... that ome good trade opportunities come along or that the cap doesn't go up so that some teams may be fvcked and forced into making trades.

Even if we'd fire Hynes, we still have a pretty average roster due to bad drafting for decades, no good prospects in the pipeline and not many good assets for trades, not much available on the market last summer and we're not an attractive destination for UFAs... and it's only theoretical that another coach would do any better. 

I think a change in the voice at this point may do some good. And also someone who is actually fair across the board. You can’t sit rookies and a handful of vets for sh!tty play while having untouchable guys on your roster. You lose all credibility as a leader if that is what you do.

• Like 1

Just now, jagknife said:

I think a change in the voice at this point may do some good. And also someone who is actually fair across the board. You can’t sit rookies and a handful of vets for sh!tty play while having untouchable guys on your roster. You lose all credibility as a leader if that is what you do.

it's weird cause Hynes was the like the first coach in like decades to actually keep all players accountable at first. We were all happy about that earlier.

If it wasn't that we heard soooo many players raving about Hynes, i wouldn't mind seeing him go. But maybe they changed their mind since... i dunno.

Just now, SterioDesign said:

it's weird cause Hynes was the like the first coach in like decades to actually keep all players accountable at first. We were all happy about that earlier.

If it wasn't that we heard soooo many players raving about Hynes, i wouldn't mind seeing him go. But maybe they changed their mind since... i dunno.

Absolutely fair point. But something changed with him. Probably the wrong word to use but maybe he’s become complacent with how his team is/players are performing. Almost like he accepts the failures of some. But that, in itself, is a problem.

also, as others have said, maybe the players loving him so much is also part of the problem.

i’m absolutely grasping at straws here, and I’m still not all aboard the fire Hynes train, but it’s insane for Ray to think nothing needs to be changed with this current team. 

• Like 1

And since I’m gonna pile on Greene at this point:

something that has pissed me off since the Behnind the Glass episode premiered: what the fvck does he know about being on a championship team? Outside of the conference championship, what the fvck does he know about winning anything? He said something to the extent of “championship teams always” blah blah blah in the first episode and it irked the sh!t out of me.

1 minute ago, jagknife said:

Absolutely fair point. But something changed with him. Probably the wrong word to use but maybe he’s become complacent with how his team is/players are performing. Almost like he accepts the failures of some. But that, in itself, is a problem.

also, as others have said, maybe the players loving him so much is also part of the problem.

i’m absolutely grasping at straws here, and I’m still not all aboard the fire Hynes train, but it’s insane for Ray to think nothing needs to be changed with this current team. 

Well i gotta admit few weeks ago i was thinking "it's ridiculous to suggest firing Hynes". Now i'm kind of considering it but i also know that it won't help all problems. 

I know we all want Greene gone... but if we get younger guys to play more minutes... that will likely expose them and we might get even worst results. The main problem is that we need a better roster and that's the hardest thing to do. Again, we need to realize how fvcking insanely bad and deprived of any assets or future our roster was 3 years ago. It's going to take a long ass time to rebuild that.

And since I’m gonna pile on Greene at this point:

something that has pissed me off since the Behnind the Glass episode premiered: what the fvck does he know about being on a championship team? Outside of the conference championship, what the fvck does he know about winning anything? He said something to the extent of “championship teams always” blah blah blah in the first episode and it irked the sh!t out of me.

Never win sh!t at Miami (OH) either, so he must be taking about when he was 8 or something. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Dude, my team got embarrassed by the fvcking Browns today. At home. Our coach has been here 16 seasons with O playoff wins, and our backup QB played better than our ginger haired choirboy starter...

I need to go watch some old videos of the 00 and 03 Devils or something to bring me off the ledge lol

That's what you get for hiring hue Jackson as a defensive assistant lmao.. that backfired.. you have a ginger problems everywhere

Edited by EdgeControl

Just now, EdgeControl said:

That's what you get for hiring hue Jackson as a defensive assistant lmao.. that backfired.. you have a ginger problem everywhere

Hue is actually an assistant HC. I like to joke that’s he’s basically assistant to the regional manager. But that’s actually insulting towards Dwight. Lol

1 minute ago, SterioDesign said:

Well i gotta admit few weeks ago i was thinking "it's ridiculous to suggest firing Hynes". Now i'm kind of considering it but i also know that it won't help all problems. 

I know we all want Greene gone... but if we get younger guys to play more minutes... that will likely expose them and we might get even worst results. The main problem is that we need a better roster and that's the hardest thing to do. Again, we need to realize how fvcking insanely bad and deprived of any assets or future our roster was 3 years ago. It's going to take a long ass time to rebuild that.

I’d honestly rather let the younger guys grow and learn from mistakes even if it means suffering worse losses. I think most of us can agree it’s easier to swallow mistakes from youth than it is when older guys make those mistakes, or are so horrendously outmatched that they cost the team no fewer than 3 goals.

there is zero excuse for a lack of hustle or being flat footed so often. If he didn’t have the goddamn C or incriminating photos of Hynes, his ass would be stapled to the press box, just like our youth seems to happen.

16 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Dude, my team got embarrassed by the fvcking Browns today. At home. Our coach has been here 16 seasons with O playoff wins, and our backup QB played better than our ginger haired choirboy starter...

I need to go watch some old videos of the 00 and 03 Devils or something to bring me off the ledge lol

I feel your pain brother, although I won’t lie, I was happy the Bengals lost because it initially helped the Dolphins in the playoff picture (because you guys have the tie breaker on us thanks to that dumpster fire we coughed up to you back in October)....  but then the Dolphins did what the Dolphins do, which is snatch defeat from the jaws of victory by blowing a 10-point 4th quarter lead. Then I flip over to the Devils game just in time to see Schneider get lit up for the first time of the evening.... it was like a punch to the face, followed by a swift kick in the nuts. 🤬

2 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I feel your pain brother, although I won’t lie, I was happy the Bengals lost because it initially helped the Dolphins in the playoff picture (because you guys have the tie breaker on us thanks to that dumpster fire we coughed up to you back in October)....  but then the Dolphins did what the Dolphins do, which is snatch defeat from the jaws of victory by blowing a 10-point 4th quarter lead. Then I flip over to the Devils game just in time to see Schneider get lit up for the first time of the evening.... it was like a punch to the face, followed by a swift kick in the nuts. 🤬

Yes, and my Giants somehow forgot there are 4 quarters in football.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jagknife said:

I forcibly forgot he was a Red Hawk, no wonder I have a predisposition to hate that piece of sh!t

Hey now...I don’t follow college too much, but I do root for Miami. Oxford is only about 45 minutes from Cincy. 

I’d honestly rather let the younger guys grow and learn from mistakes even if it means suffering worse losses. I think most of us can agree it’s easier to swallow mistakes from youth than it is when older guys make those mistakes, or are so horrendously outmatched that they cost the team no fewer than 3 goals.

there is zero excuse for a lack of hustle or being flat footed so often. If he didn’t have the goddamn C or incriminating photos of Hynes, his ass would be stapled to the press box, just like our youth seems to happen.

Yeah i feel the same way and said it often. But that's something we've been frustrated about for years and years. Seems like every single coach is doing it. 

It use to be a lot worst though, for example Lou and Deboer wouldnt make room for a 25 years old Stralman cause they had Salvador, Tallinder, Zidlicky, Greene, Volchenkov... and then we had Larsson, Fayne, Harrold who would all not play as much as the old farts. 

Now at least Shero and Fayne took young guys like Butler and gave them a legit chance

• Like 1