GDT: Devils @ Panthers - 11/26/18, 7:00pm

eaglejelly

2 minutes ago, aclc79 said:

There seems to be no fire here, with some exceptions.  Have they tuned Hynes out already?  If so, he needs to go.  Greene needs to go as well.

I will drive Greene to Newark Airport and pay for his flight if there's a way to send him at least 1,000 miles away from this team 

17 minutes ago, Jerzey said:

Nico needs to hit the gym.

Kid is soft.  And I'm not talking about the clear missed boarding call.

You watch Pettersson out there, who's even less physically impressive than Nico, and he has the speed and shiftiness to make it work.  Nico apparently does not.

8 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Kid is soft.  And I'm not talking about the clear missed boarding call.

You watch Pettersson out there, who's even less physically impressive than Nico, and he has the speed and shiftiness to make it work.  Nico apparently does not.

Quite possibly the stupidest post I’ve ever seen you make, 118. You’re better than this. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Quite possibly the stupidest post I’ve ever seen you make, 118. You’re better than this. 

Debatable.  I've had some winners recently.

Regarding my point - probably too harsh and should've phrased it better, but watching the differences between how the two physically similar guys play is staggering.

3 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

see. this is EXACTLY what im talking about when i was talking about reading through threads of games we lost. 

Fair enough. But in defense of what was being said in that other thread Palms’ skating is kind of bad at times. Nico being soft is just simply not true though. 

Edited by Nicomo

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

Fair enough. But in defense of what was being said in that other thread Palms’ skating is kind of bad at times. Nico being weak is just simply not true though. 

and my point was supporting CR post saying that it takes nothing for fans to turn on players. which is what were seeing here. obviously its emotional and all but that was the point that fans are really reactionary and not thinking before posting at times

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Debatable.  I've had some winners recently.

Regarding my point - probably too harsh and should've phrased it better, but watching the differences between how the two physically similar guys play is staggering.

Pettersson is on an insane scoring heater that he will not sustain.  Nico has probably gotten a bit unlucky judging by where he shoots from.

Andy Greene’s pathetic attempt at a clearance which directly led to Florida’s first goal completely changed the game.  Kinkaid’s rebound and positioning on the third goal was exactly what we did not need when we needed him most. 

The refs were so bad tonight. How does that pick of Bratt not get called? Their calls, non calls and even goal calls were bizarre the whole night.

And Fkn Wachter interviews Nico and Hynes and not one ‘hey how is Nico feeling’ question? How about some damm in depth game relevant questions for once.

These games are a real sh!t show to watch lately

20 minutes ago, devlman said:

Andy Greene’s pathetic attempt at a clearance which directly led to Florida’s first goal completely changed the game.  Kinkaid’s rebound and positioning on the third goal was exactly what we did not need when we needed him most. 

The refs were so bad tonight. How does that pick of Bratt not get called? Their calls, non calls and even goal calls were bizarre the whole night.

And Fkn Wachter interviews Nico and Hynes and not one ‘hey how is Nico feeling’ question? How about some damm in depth game relevant questions for once.

These games are a real sh!t show to watch lately

Yeah, that was brutal. 

1 hour ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I wonder if during his playing days he went by Ken "Silver Lining" Daneyko. 

I imagine guys like Daneyko probably yelling and throwing sh!t in the locker room when the team under-preformed. This is the sober and no longer on the ice Daneyko so that silver lining sh!t is relevant to him now.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I imagine guys like Daneyko probably yelling and throwing sh!t in the locker room when the team under-preformed. This is the sober and no longer on the ice Daneyko so that silver lining sh!t is relevant to him now.

Exactly.  I don't think he would have tolerated it and sugar coated the situation nearly as much when he actually played, so it's pretty annoying that he does it now.  I get that it's part of his job to try to put a positive spin on things, after all, he's there and paid to provide an entertaining experience in order to get people to tune in and watch, and him sh!tting on the team and saying they're a lost cause isn't going to keep people watching, but at the same time I think him telling it like it is and being visibly upset with the team's performance would be nice and a refreshing dose of honesty.  After all, he is Mr. Devil and having played for the same team his entire career, I would think it would mean something to him and upset him to see some of the play lately. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Aznjsn said:

You could see Kinkaid was visibly frustrated after the OT GAA. He made a gesture like "c'mon!" and skated off fast asf. Not sure if he was frustrated with himself or with the team but that was pretty telling.. this team is imploding.

I noticed the exact same thing.  I kinda think he was pissed at the team.  I mean, I get that Bratt was kind of picked, but that play was still mostly on him, he played it extremely poorly, which led to pretty much an easy 2 on 1 and a one-timer for the goal that KK essentially had no chance on.  I think maybe he was also pissed that they scored pretty much right after the previous chance came off the post and didn't go in.  Doesn't help that it was the same guy again either, Hoffman.  I can totally understand Kinkaid being like "cmon guys, wtf?" in that situation.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Exactly.  I don't think he would have tolerated it and sugar coated the situation nearly as much when he actually played, so it's pretty annoying that he does it now.  I get that it's part of his job to try to put a positive spin on things, after all, he's there and paid to provide an entertaining experience in order to get people to tune in and watch, and him sh!tting on the team and saying they're a lost cause isn't going to keep people watching, but at the same time I think him telling it like it is and being visibly upset with the team's performance would be nice and a refreshing dose of honesty.  After all, he is Mr. Devil and having played for the same team his entire career, I would think it would mean something to him and upset him to see some of the play lately. 

The more I think about it, the more Dano reminds me of Pedro Cerrano...the one from Major League II unfortunately. 

We need THIS to happen:

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Aznjsn said:

You could see Kinkaid was visibly frustrated after the OT GAA. He made a gesture like "c'mon!" and skated off fast asf. Not sure if he was frustrated with himself or with the team but that was pretty telling.. this team is imploding.

He looked annoyed over every goal against as the d just let people walk in and take point blank shots.  I dont think we've seen a devils goalie that pissed in years.

Cant fault cory or kk for being pissed though, as they are both being left to dry.

• Like 1