GDT - Devils @ Capitals 11/30/18, 7:00pm

NJDfan1711

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

No postgame for me...I don't need Dano's sunshine up the asses routine.

Smart decision pulling KK a second time Hynes.  The point of which was? 

And as if on queue here's the spin from Dano.

"One of the better road games played against a good team"

>Lose 6-3.

Honestly Dano - fvcking can it.

• Like 1

Just now, jagknife said:

Fire Hynes

I get the frustration, but I'm not sure how much difference it will make.  Not with the current goaltending situation, among other things.

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I get the frustration, but I'm not sure how much difference it will make.  Not with the current goaltending situation, among other things.

Sending a message at the point is required. I honestly don’t get why Shero is literally doing NOTHING. 

But also don’t feed us the bullsh!t of McLeod being so critical to the team and play him 5 goddamn minutes.

His coaching decisions are making less and less sense as the season rolls on.

Those are a lot of points that don’t point directly to Hynes, but fvck this team is pathetic.

6 minutes ago, titans04 said:

He truly is impossible to listen to imo.  Extremely hard when they're winning downright impossible when the team blows.  #AnybodyButDano

It took over a quarter of the season, but I’m resorting to the opposing teams feed for the broadcasts now. I can’t take Dano

• Like 1

Kinkaid gave them one, the PP wasn't good enough, and the big chances the D let up mostly all went in.

The first period wasn't good enough.  The 2nd is where they could've won the game but alas they gave up 1 right away and couldn't finish those breakaways.  If it's not one thing, it's something else on this team.

The Devils luck will also not change this year. It's going to be very bad  (they will let up tons of late 3rd period goals, continue to blow 2 goal leads and lose every shootout and 3 on 3 they play) and the goaltending has no chance of improving. Basically the season is over. They have to focus on 19-20 now. There is no chance of this team rebounding in any way. Their spirit is broken

Edited by '7'

40 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I think as best they would get the dead cat bounce and quickly return to the depths they have fallen to. There's no magic wand here in my opinion.

19 minutes ago, '7' said:

The Devils luck will also not change this year. It's going to be very bad  (they will let up tons of late 3rd period goals, continue to blow 2 goal leads and lose every shootout and 3 on 3 they play) and the goaltending has no chance of improving. Basically the season is over. They have to focus on 19-20 now. There is no chance of this team rebounding in any way. Their spirit is broken

Spirit broken part makes me think of this, which I saw recently....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, slasher72 said:

Now that I'm no longer angry after watching this putrid team lose, I've had time to reflect, and I think it's in their best interest to tank for Hughes. 

Watch the fvcking Flyers get him now. The only thing that gives me even the slightest glimpse of hope is having Shero at this point. 

• Like 1

We are not making the playoffs this season. Let's be clear on that now. I think Cory Maisik posted some stats on twitter a week or so ago that in the past 15 seasons teams that have had as many points at this stage of the season only one team had gone on to make the playoffs , and that was the Washington Capitals a few season ago when they got off to a slow start. 

So I am already reduced to just hoping for the best and giving the young guys on the team the space to develop. 

Basically I will be gratefully for any win we get and just looking for ylthe young guys to get some points. 

I don't envy Ray at all at this point. He has made improvements to this team, but there is a long way to go and he is going to have a to try something to make sure Hall stays engaged and can see the long term vision of this team and Rays project. Hall isn't going to want to end up in the Oilers 2.0.

1 hour ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

We are not making the playoffs this season. Let's be clear on that now. I think Cory Maisik posted some stats on twitter a week or so ago that in the past 15 seasons teams that have had as many points at this stage of the season only one team had gone on to make the playoffs , and that was the Washington Capitals a few season ago when they got off to a slow start. 

So I am already reduced to just hoping for the best and giving the young guys on the team the space to develop. 

Basically I will be gratefully for any win we get and just looking for ylthe young guys to get some points. 

I don't envy Ray at all at this point. He has made improvements to this team, but there is a long way to go and he is going to have a to try something to make sure Hall stays engaged and can see the long term vision of this team and Rays project. Hall isn't going to want to end up in the Oilers 2.0.

As much as I'd love to vehemently disagree with you on the bolded, it's getting really hard for me to do so.  For me, it keeps going back to the goaltending...if this team had the Schneider who played so well during his first three seasons here, I'd likely feel differently, but I don't know how a #1-by-default who tries really hard but was never meant to be a #1 and a guy who's damned near a reclamation product can possibly make up for this team's shortcomings.

I'm not going to second-guess Ray and I had no issue with his "Let me see what I've already got" approach in the offseason, but it feels like he's at a crossroads where he decides he's either going to start making some significant tweaks to this team (see what Lou did in 1995-96 when that team had issues...Lou tried like hell to get that team going, and at times it looked like his moves were going to pay off), or like you suggest, it's going to become a harsh "we're not playing for anything anyway" evaluation year, where some Bingo players who might not yet be ready for the big club all get good looks up here anyway. 

Very unfortunate series of events this season. We've been largely healthy too, and suck this bad. We have a lot of players under achieving, and I think that has to fall on the coaching - to some extent. It's their jobs to get the best out of the players we have, and I think Butcher, Wood, Johansson, Schneider - and the power play - can all be doing more. I understand players have to take responsibility for themselves, but with the young players - it's frustrating to see. 

I said this the other day - but is the way we play not aligning with the roster we have? I can't tell. But I do know our D has major deficiencies. The D roster just isn't good enough, so can we play an open style of hockey and expect to cover up the weakness - especially with a 2nd/3rd tier starting goalie back there?