GDT: Lightning @ Devils 7PM

Nicomo

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

All I'm gonna say is after the fun of last season, man does it blow to be shoved right back into the suckbox.  Dammit.

Yeah it's been quite a turn around. 

And I totally get what Sal is saying about the big picture, but damn it's hard to not get frustrated. 

5 minutes ago, jagknife said:

You know what we all need.... a little flashback.....a pick me up, if you will!

Ah Memories!!!

Actually waking up with the morning sun illuminating my bedsheets while Erika asks me if I'd like my eggs scrambled or fried would be a most welcome pick me up right about now...

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Haha 5

14 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I was thinking the same thing. He is like the drunk at the urinal having a conversation with himself and you can't wait to get away. 

mmmmm that's ALWAYS me.

8 minutes ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

Imagine seeing that result and thinking “no this coaching staff is probably okay”

if Hynes is employed by Christmas I’ll stop watching 

there he is, go figure.

1 minute ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

What’s the big picture?

the big picture is we have 1 playoff win since 2012 and we’re rivaling the Jets and Mets as the most embarrassing team in the New York area. 

The future isn’t bleak: it’s fvcking black. 

BINGO

1 minute ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

What’s the big picture?

the big picture is we have 1 playoff win since 2012 and we’re rivaling the Jets and Mets as the most embarrassing team in the New York area. 

The future isn’t bleak: it’s fvcking black. 

He was just saying it's something Bratt and Nico and Butcher, Wood, Coleman, etc all have to learn to play through. Teams will always slump. And thats true, and I get that, but other than last season, this has been a real garbage run. 

3 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Not a whole lot to build around at this point either.

Blows.

Hall, Nico, Palms, Bratt, Coleman, Vatanen, Butcher, and Ty Smith. It’s not nearly as bleak as it was 3 years ago. 

Need to figure out the goaltending though. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I didn't like his play on the Johnson goal either. He tried to throw a shoulder and missed, which let the puck go to the point which lead to the goal. Obviously Hall is the last person I'd crap on, just an observation. 

Meanwhile Captain suckass gets a hall pass (no pun) intended on every GAA he's on ice for

5 minutes ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

I would be fvcking shocked if a guy who has said 38293628 times “winning is more important than everything” re-signs with us after a single playoff win. 

We’ll see. He didn’t want to leave Edmonton and they never won sh!t. Ofc he has to believe there’s hope though. Lots of money will certainly help too. 

11 minutes ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

He didn’t want to leave Edmonton because there’s a future there, with the best hockey player on the planet. 

We just fvcking stink.

On paper it seems like there should be a future there but on the ice every year except for one has shown different so far. I'm not convinced they will ever get it right up there.

12 minutes ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

He didn’t want to leave Edmonton because there’s a future there, with the best hockey player on the planet. 

We just fvcking stink.

We certainly do right now. Ray will definitely have to do some work. I doubt Hall would want to stay if this team looks fairly similar in a year and a half. I don’t think it will though. Greene will be gone, and there’s no way Cory and KK is are still the goaltending duo by then. 

1 hour ago, Satans Hockey said:

I can't remember the last time I was around a Devils crowd this angry and negative(not that there is much of anything to be positive about) 

Cory got a lot of boos when they announced he was in net. 

Lot of people talking about not renewing as well. Really an overall awful night.

Wait until January/February. Then you'll see way more anger from the fans. The organization as of now is a dumpster fire with holes everywhere. There is no fix coming anytime soon. They stink on offense, defense, and goaltending. As a 10 year sth if they raise my price 1 cent I'm walking. This isn't worth my time or money. It's early December and already going to games is a chore. 

Edited by devils744
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

On paper it seems like there should be a future there but on the ice every year except for one has shown different so far. I'm not convinced they will ever get it right up there.

Not with that GM running things they won’t. 

• Like 1

Just the fact that our core is young... is something, and shows that there's potential to be trending up. We're obviously not trending up as fast as we would all want... but again... do i need to bring up our roster from 2015? That roster was screaming NO FUTURE. There was not a single encouraging thing about that team.

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Like 4

48 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

We’ll see. He didn’t want to leave Edmonton and they never won sh!t. Ofc he has to believe there’s hope though. Lots of money will certainly help too. 

Forget McDavid...There's not one person on this team who's as good as Draisaitl. Maybe Hall and that's it. Seriously, after Hall who do we have? A talented 19 year old kid in Nico who's a few years away from making a serious impact, a guy who scores in spurts and falls down every 2 seconds in Palmieri, another young guy who is hot/cold in Bratt, and a bunch of guys who would likely be on the 3rd and 4th lines of any good team in the league. Then there's our defense, which nobody would want, and 2 goalies who absolutely stink...one of whom is being paid nearly $6M a year and protected by an NTC. Again, I can't help but go back to how piss poor a job Lou/Conte did with amassing talent and handing out asinine contracts. The job they did was atrocious. I don't know how Shero fixes this quickly. I don't see how it's possible, and if Hall wants out the team is pretty much on life support. If they lose these next few games, which is likely, I think the Hynes Watch is on.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, slasher72 said:

Forget McDavid...There's not one person on this team who's as good as Draisaitl. Maybe Hall and that's it. Seriously, after Hall who do we have? A talented 19 year old kid in Nico who's a few years away from making a serious impact, a guy who scores in spurts and falls down every 2 seconds in Palmieri, another young guy who is hot/cold in Bratt, and a bunch of guys who would likely be on the 3rd and 4th lines of any good team in the league. Then there's our defense, which nobody would want, and 2 goalies who absolutely stink...one of whom is being paid nearly $6M a year and protected by an NTC. Again, I can't help but go back to how piss poor a job Lou/Conte did with amassing talent and handing out asinine contracts. The job they did was atrocious. I don't know how Shero fixes this quickly. I don't see how it's possible, and if Hall wants out the team is pretty much on life support. If they lose these next few games, which is likely, I think the Hynes Watch is on.  

Maybe Hall? It’s questionable whether or not the reigning MVP is better than a guy who hasn’t even cracked 80 points yet? Ok guy lol

• Like 2

The Devils weren't that bad defensively tonight.  Some better placed sticks perhaps - goal #1 appeared to go off Vatanen's stick and in, if it didn't, it was a bad goal for Kinkaid to let in.  Goal #2, Coleman looked to have just touched the puck on the pass - had he gotten even a little more of it, it goes awry likely - goal #3 hit someone in front and went in, goal #4 is the one that started with Hall turning the puck over, and goal #5, Zacha almost disrupted but didn't.  Almost almost almost - on defense.

The Devils were MIA on offense, though.  That's the thing - I don't think they played that poorly defensively, Keith's gotta make some stops, but they played so badly on offense that they didn't really have a chance to be out of position defensively.  Yakovlev got the big chance and scored, but it's hard for me to remember any real grade A chances beyond that one.  Obviously Hall was atrocious tonight - turnovers, forcing plays - it's on nights like tonight where you see why Edmonton might've given up on him, even though it was a terrible decision to do so.

The goalies have to figure this out.  Otherwise Shero's got to bring in another goalie here.  It's not fair to Hynes that he would be let go with these performances in net.  He can't coach the goalies to stop the puck.

• Like 1