GDT: Toronna vs Your New Jersey Devils - 12/18/2018 @ 7:00PM

CommonDreads

If Shero does an about face and cans Hynes (he wouldn't be the first GM to do that), I'm not going to be heartbroken.

• Like 2

Blackwood should just thanks his lucky stars that the Devils goaltending situation is so bad that despite a monumentally terrible year last year that saw him getting demoted to the ECHL, he still ended up making his NHL debut this year. Shrug off the two quick goals bud, it's fvcking miracle you're here.

Edited by Neb00rs

2 minutes ago, Neb00rs said:

Blackwood should just thanks his lucky stars that the Devils goaltending situation is so bad that despite a monumentally terrible year last year that saw him getting demoted to the ECHL, he still ended up making his NHL debut this year. fvcking miracle.

He did somewhat earn the chance with his play this year though. 

6 minutes ago, Neb00rs said:

IDK what another coach is going to do that's going to make enough of a difference for this season to matter at this point. I think I'd rather just stick with Tank Commander Hynes and blast our way to a top pick.

Channeling a scene from Big Daddy:

"These are the Devils...they have a five year plan."

"What is it...DON'T WIN?!?"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Not gonna sit here and pretend I know what should be done...but what I know is that something needs to be done. We are putting a product that is not even slightly competitive on the ice.

It seems we're getting mauled an awful lot this year. Can't even remember how many times we've conceded 4 or 5 goals this year. This is truly pathetic.

I get that we're in reconstruction and all, but we can't keep winning one game and then show up for the next 4 or 5 games with absolutely nothing. I've come to peace with not making the playoff for more than a couple of years in order for the club to be reconstructed the proper way, but there's no excuse to not showing up to games the way we are. 

Edited by SS-SS
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, devlman said:

Honestly, there’s no point in having Hall on this team. He’s not resigning and we’re not winning anytime soon. I’d trade him for a bus load of prospects Nico’s age.

I mean, I am not against trading Hall before he leaves and we're all stunned because it seemed like he loved us so much and there's was no way he would re-join Connor McDavid in Edmonton or some other team of superstars. Most of me thinks we should unload this whole roster save for Severson, Vatanen, Bratt, Hischier, and maybe Butcher. Trade Palmieri while he's young and prolific for sure.

I am not necessarily advocating for an overhaul, but I could be convinced either way.

Edited by Neb00rs

5 minutes ago, devlman said:

I absolutely love seeing that magical PP breakout where we always drop it back for a streaking player because the opponents never know it’s coming! They’re always like Whaaaaattt.....Genius coaching!

Yeah, I can't stand that.  It just screams no one wants to carry it in or has the balls to break the zone.  I mean, fvck, even if no one wants to carry it over the blue line, fine.....then DUMP IT IN!

• Like 1