GDT: Devils vs. Blue Jackets 12/23/18, 12:30

NJDfan1711

Matinee game today, which we all know we hardly ever fare well in.  Solid effort last game, hopefully it carries over today.  We need some revenge against this team - this time they're in our barn. Let's take it to 'em.

Looks like Kinkaid in net again, and Stafford still in for MoJo.  Two points before the holiday break and a little mini winning streak may be the optimism we need and get us going in the right direction.  Still lots of hockey left.  Let's do it Devils. 

6 minutes ago, Neb00rs said:

There's only so much I can take of Steve and Dano talking about the Devils needing to get more breaks before I switch broadcasts. They've been on this for weeks. How dumb. As if that is the reason why the Devils are in last.

I was going to say the same thing, you can't count on getting breaks and being lucky.  Throughout this season so far I'd say hitting the post ourselves and also getting saved by the post has been about 50/50.  We're not that fortunate, but also not that unlucky. Stop using it as an excuse. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I'll say it again, Butcher deserves more minutes. 

I think he's being groomed for the Andy Greene role (and by that I mean reliable big minute, all scenario guy like Greene was before his game began declining) 

Which will allow Smith to come in next year and play some sheltered minutes as he adjusts to the NHL.