GDT: Devils vs. Blue Jackets 12/23/18, 12:30

NJDfan1711

The Devils defense is atrocious but I don't hate how the Devils played today. KK let in a terrible third goal and Bob has looked unbeatable. I'm not saying the Devils have been good despite the shot differential - they have looked pretty sloppy, but they've been decent.

#endtheshutout

• Like 1

Just now, Neb00rs said:

Green was abysmal today. Abysmal. And I try to stay away from anti-Greene hyperbole.

Just now, Neb00rs said:

Green was abysmal today. Abysmal. And I try to stay away from anti-Greene hyperbole.

He's deserves the negative criticism........ And should not being wearing the "C" . Let someone earn it.

• Like 1

Just now, Satans Hockey said:

Only bright spot of the game was Blackwood looked good and didn't give up any goals. He earned the next start. 

He didn't have to do much today. But he was really good last time around. Given that and how low the bar is right now for NJ goaltenders he should indeed get the next start.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lateralous said:

Eh, the jerseys are fun as long as they stay as a special occasion thing.   Definitely nowhere near as nice as our regulars.   Adidas butchered the collar on these 

I like them better than the current ones...

not the colors, but pretty much everything else. Still hate the shoulder yokes, arm stripes, and empty space at the bottom on the current jerseys. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gunslinger27 said:

Calling Dr Shero: We are bleeding out slowly..........  fvcking Unacceptable........................

This season is not salvageable. We shouldn’t want him to do anything crazy at this point. Hopefully draft a top 3 player and go from there. 

• Like 1

RECAP

• PROS
    • Zacha looked good.
    • The overall effort was good.
    • Blackwood was good.
  • CONS
    • Coaching lost this game
      • It was inexcusable not starting Blackwood
      • For whatever reason, this coaching staff babies the kids far too much.
      • The stupid d-zone system was responsible for the first two goals against
        • Allowing opposing players all that time to make a play with the puck along the boards allowed those two backdoor goals
        • In fact, the 3rd Columbus goal was a result of what happens when you pressure the puck carrier along the boards.
          • Hall being pressured got the puck knocked off his stick, and away went Panarin.
      • And WTF was that 5 on 3?
        • Just set up simple one timers.
        • Trying to force the puck to the middle makes life so easy on the PK'ers.

GOALIE AND DEFENSE RECAP

• Goal 1
    • Vatanen (not his fault because of the coaching system) doesn't pressure Panarin, he gets a pass to Atkinson for an easy goal.
    • Nothing Kinkaid could do.
  • Goal 2
    • Coleman (not his fault because of the coaching system) doesn't pressure whoever it was, he gets a pass to Bjorkstrand for an easy goal
    • What was Kinkaid even doing on his stomach?
  • Goal 3
    • Hall gets pressured in the o-zone which forces a turnover and Panarin is let loose on a breakaway
    • Kinkaid lets in a terrible goal albeit it was a tricky shot

5 ON 5 POSSESSION

• CF: 54 to 33
  • FF: 44 to 27
  • SF: 31 to 18
  • SCF: 28 to 13
  • HDCF: 8 to 5

5 ON 5 SVA POSSESSION

• CF: 45.46 to 38.28
  • FF: 37.67 to 30.81
  • SF: 26.18 to 20.46
  • SCF: 23.62 to 15.03
  • HDCF: 6.7 to 5.77

13 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I like them better than the current ones...

not the colors, but pretty much everything else. Still hate the shoulder yokes, arm stripes, and empty space at the bottom on the current jerseys. 

I thought the new jerseys looked great. That was the only thing regarding our team that did. 

• Like 2