GDT: Devils vs. Blue Jackets 12/23/18, 12:30

NJDfan1711

4 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Skinner and Simmonds are better than Panarin??

No, but unfortunately I agree with titans - he won't become a Devil. Skinner IMO is a harder working player and Simmonds will bring offensive toughness we currently don't have at all. Artemi is a little bit of a primadonna spoiled by playing for good teams

1 minute ago, Devs64 said:

No, but unfortunately I agree with titans - he won't become a Devil. Skinner IMO is a harder working player and Simmonds will bring offensive toughness we currently don't have at all. Artemi is a little bit of a primadonna spoiled by playing for good teams

Sorry, but that last statement sounds like typical bs you hear people say about Russian skill players. I’ve never heard one bad word about Panarin like that. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

Sorry, but that last statement sounds like typical bs you hear people say about Russian skill players. I’ve never heard one bad word about Panarin like that. 

Neither did I. Just my opinion. I'm russian myself and of course I'm not biased. I'd be happy to see him in red and black, but I doubt I will.

Call up as many kids as possible and give them more than five mins of ice time per game. There’s no reason for Stafford, Noesen to even be near this team; no reason for Greene to be seeing 20 mins a game. Let the kids play. Bratt playing 13 mins a night is just stupid.

2 minutes ago, devlman said:

Call up as many kids as possible and give them more than five mins of ice time per game. There’s no reason for Stafford, Noesen to even be near this team; no reason for Greene to be seeing 20 mins a game. Let the kids play. Bratt playing 13 mins a night is just stupid.

Stafford being in there is infuriating. He’s filler in the purest sense, we should use guys we want to take a look at in that role. 

Interesting fact, on our roster, there are a total of 13 guys who were alive when we last wore white, red and green jerseys. 5 of them were born in 1991 and just barely made the cut. 

While putting that together, I also noticed there’s no longer a single player on the roster who was born before the Devils existed. Andy Greene, 10/30/82, just makes it. This makes sense at this point, however it was not true merely two seasons ago, when Cammalleri and Fiddler both pre-dated the Devils. 

• Like 1

I like the retro uni's, and we could've worn monkey outfits and columbus would've kicked our ass. There's 5-6 teams we can't beat BJ's, Jets, Bolts, Leafs, Preds, & San Jose 

Our players know were beforehand  in for an ass whoopin. Why try. We don't like to play "heavy" teams

13 hours ago, Nicomo said:

Like who though? Is there going to be a better FA available this summer?

He would instantly rival Palms as the best goal scorer on the team. 

I haven't actually been following this so I have a serious question?   Why would Panarin sign with the Devils as opposed to just re-signing with the Blue Jackets, who are much closer to competing?    I thought I heard it was LA, NY, Chicago or bust for him.    

Given that we're never going to get high profile UFAs like Tavares, I think it's time for teams like the Devils to start going after RFA's via the offer sheet. Yeah, you give up the picks but if successful but you're also getting a much younger asset.  I would love to see the Devils offer Matthews a 13.5-14 million per year contract.   I'm sure the Leafs would match but that also puts them in a terrible bind.       

1 minute ago, Lateralous said:

I haven't actually been following this so I have a serious question?   Why would Panarin sign with the Devils as opposed to just re-signing with the Blue Jackets, who are much closer to competing?    I thought I heard it was LA, NY, Chicago or bust for him.    

Given that we're never going to get high profile UFAs like Tavares, I think it's time for teams like the Devils to start going after RFA's via the offer sheet. Yeah, you give up the picks but if successful but you're also getting a much younger asset.  I would love to see the Devils offer Matthews a 13.5-14 million per year contract.   I'm sure the Leafs would match but that also puts them in a terrible bind.       

$$$

Recorded this one and planned to watch it with my daughter...thank god I checked the score before subjecting her to it.  That was an easy delete.

Was disappointed to see that KK got the start over Blackwood...mostly because that's very predictable, inside-the-box thinking.  Sure, it's only been one nice start for Mackenzie, but sometimes you say what the hell and take a friggin' chance...what the hell else does this team have to lose?  Maybe it wouldn't have worked out any better, but KK's been asked to do a lot and that's resulted in increasingly diminished returns...he had an .882 save% in his last 11 GP (make that .877 in his last 12 GP including yesterday), and he's now at .892 since that 4-0 start (.901 overall).  I know he's been better than Cory (who hasn't?), so that makes him look like more of the sure thing by comparison...and sure, he was coming off a win (and had gone 3-2-1 in his last six games).  But like I said, I think it just would've been cool to see some legit outside-the-box thinking for a team that has now gone 8-16-7 over their last 31 GP. 

Would also love to know why Andy fvcking Greene apparently remains completely off-limits and exempt from ANYTHING resembling accountability.  That's really passed the point of aggravating and has sailed right on to beyond infuriating.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1