GDT: Devils @ Bruins12/27/18, 7:00 pm

eaglejelly

2 minutes ago, Neb00rs said:

Okay, I know he didn't register a point but honestly Pavel Zacha had 7 shots on goal and might have had his strongest game as a Devil imo.

Led the team with 7 SOG. It really is crazy he doesn’t show up on the scoresheet more. He is far from a bad player. 

2 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Led the team with 7 SOG. It really is crazy he doesn’t show up on the scoresheet more. He is far from a bad player. 

I've been a big Zacha hater. And I will continue to hate. Because 99% of the time he's absent. But that's all the more reason for me to give credit where credit is due.

2 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Disagree. 

7 SOG is ordinarily a good stat, because you expect at some point, that guy is going to start cashing in. That has not been the case with Zacha. He can get a million shots on goal, if they don’t start going in, it’s all pointless. 

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Disagree. 

7 SOG is ordinarily a good stat, because you expect at some point, that guy is going to start cashing in. That has not been the case with Zacha. He can get a million shots on goal, if they don’t start going in, it’s all pointless. 

You would think he’d at least pick up some helpers here and there. 

31GP and still has a goose egg. Crazy. 

4 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

You would think he’d at least pick up some helpers here and there. 

31GP and still has a goose egg. Crazy. 

That’s what I’m saying. SOG are great, but at some point, they have to convert to points. There’s only so many times he can be “the best player on the ice” and accomplish jack sh!t. 

Just now, mfitz804 said:

That’s what I’m saying. SOG are great, but at some point, they have to convert to points. There’s only so many times he can be “the best player on the ice” and accomplish jack sh!t. 

I think we all know Zacha has sucked. Tonight he was good. So I'll try to be nice to him on these rare occasions.

9 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Disagree. 

I'm with you he's crap - yay for shots on goal.  Let's keep holding our breath.

Heck of a win tonight and holy sh!t it's one year since Schnieder's last regular season win that's mind-blowing.

BIG WIN!

Just now, mfitz804 said:

Oh I agree. 7 SOG would even be a good night for Hall or Palms though. 

And for what it’s worth I don’t think he was the best player on the ice tonight. I’d probably say Coleman was. 

RECAP

• Pros
    • Zacha looked great again tonight.
      • The pucks will start going in on a more regular basis if he keeps up this play.
    • Nobody had a bad game tonight
    • This game really showed why the Bruins would have been the best matchup for the Devils in the playoffs last year
      • The Bruins have trouble with the Devils speed, and last year the Devils actually dominated the Bruins in all 3 games.
    • Blackwood was amazing.
      • Hynes needs to just run with him for now.
    • Now is the best time for the Devils to get back into the race if they're ever gonna do it.
      • The next 6 games are winnable with 4 are against weak teams, and then 2 games against Vegas and Buffalo who are both good, but far from elite.
  • Cons
    • They almost got burned a few times by trying to make plays rather than keeping it simple.

5 ON 5 POSSESSION

• CF: 39 to 61
  • FF: 35 to 44
  • SF: 26 to 35
  • SCF: 18 to 22
  • HDCF: 10 to 7

5 ON 5 SVA POSSESSION

• CF: 44.07 to 52.02
  • FF: 39.07 to 38.28
  • SF: 28.78 to 30.67
  • SCF: 20.48 to 18.6
  • HDCF: 11.43 to 5.87
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Neb00rs said:

I think we all know Zacha has sucked. Tonight he was good. So I'll try to be nice to him on these rare occasions.

That’s fine. The result was the same, he accomplished nothing. 

3 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Oh I agree. 7 SOG would even be a good night for Hall or Palms though. 

And for what it’s worth I don’t think he was the best player on the ice tonight. I’d probably say Coleman was. 

Agreed. And I paraphrased, you didn’t say that about Zacha tonight, but others have said it many times on nights where he had zero points, which is most nights unless I bet against him. 

4 minutes ago, Mike Brown said:

RECAP

• Pros
    • Zacha looked great again tonight.
      • The pucks will start going in on a more regular basis if he keeps up this play.
    • Nobody had a bad game tonight
    • This game really showed why the Bruins would have been the best matchup for the Devils in the playoffs last year
      • The Bruins have trouble with the Devils speed, and last year the Devils actually dominated the Bruins in all 3 games.
    • Blackwood was amazing.
      • Hynes needs to just run with him for now.
    • Now is the best time for the Devils to get back into the race if they're ever gonna do it.
      • The next 6 games are winnable with 4 are against weak teams, and then 2 games against Vegas and Buffalo who are both good, but far from elite.
  • Cons
    • They almost got burned a few times by trying to make plays rather than keeping it simple.

5 ON 5 POSSESSION

• CF: 39 to 61
  • FF: 35 to 44
  • SF: 26 to 35
  • SCF: 18 to 22
  • HDCF: 10 to 7

5 ON 5 SVA POSSESSION

• CF: 44.07 to 52.02
  • FF: 39.07 to 38.28
  • SF: 28.78 to 30.67
  • SCF: 20.48 to 18.6
  • HDCF: 11.43 to 5.87