GDT: Devils @ Bruins12/27/18, 7:00 pm

eaglejelly

Just now, Anhkheg said:

I'd like to see Yakovlev get some more time and experience. I dont know why Lovejoy is getting time as I expect this to be his last year in a Devils uniform.

Yes we won, but we'd still pick 3rd if the Draft started tomorrow.

Apparently Ben Lovejoy is the greatest penalty killer of all time in John Hynes opinion...

i would also like to see Yakovlev get more games. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Anhkheg said:

I'd like to see Yakovlev get some more time and experience. I dont know why Lovejoy is getting time as I expect this to be his last year in a Devils uniform.

Yes we won, but we'd still pick 3rd if the Draft started tomorrow.

Any chance the argument is “You can’t take me out, Greene sucks way more than I do and he gets top pairing minutes!!!”

Blackwood was actually having a really good season in the AHL. He got lit up for a couple of games just before being called up, but prior to that, he was one of the top goalies in the league. His play so far in the NHL is a pleasant surprise, but it certainly has been more than a flukey run for him.

Zacha had a monster game, I thought. 7 shots, and was making nice plays all night. Hynes should keep him on the powerplay. He was really giving that PP unit some life. The problem isn't that Zacha consistently plays like this and doesn't produce. He simply isn't playing at this level every game. This, to me, was a step in the right direction. Definitely not a "same old Zacha" kind of game, so I don't see how all the negative comments are relevant today. Finding that consistency will be key for him, and I really do believe he can become a productive player if he can accomplish that. On the defensive side of the game, he had a weak play on a shorthanded rush, but was otherwise very good.

This was the first game in a while where Quenneville was impressive on several occasions. Also, it really shows that Nico put work into his shot during the offseason, but can the dude learn to win a faceoff? I don't think I saw him win a single faceoff tonight.

So thrilled for Mac and his first NHL victory.  If there's some lightning to be caught in a bottle, now is the time to find out...which means, keep giving him friggin' games...I say at least the next two.  Why not? 

To go full Sterio, Zacha will always be that girl who claims she's finally ready to go all the way, but then for some other reason decides that she can't go through with it.  The ultimate tease...I just can't get excited about his occasional "yeah he didn't register a point yet again but he really showed something" game anymore.  Of course it'll be great if he proves his doubters wrong, but I'm just tired of the almost crap with him.  I'll be especially happy when AAAA Quenneville is no longer here.

Still, big win, pretty much any win the Devils get these days is a big one, because they're fighting for season relevance.  Would be a hell of a story if Mac were the guy that helped them salvage the season...but that story is a long way from being written.  Nice to have a little hope though...

2 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

He's only been in for a few games. I wouldn't get too far ahead of ourselves here. 

I mean if KK is going to ask for starter money, I think it's best for both parties to part ways.

Hopefully Blackwood allows us to make that decision.  I agree it's very early though.

9 hours ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

Only caught bits and pieces but holy fvck did Zacha look good tonight. Best player on the ice by far in the shifts I saw him. 

Also Brian boyle is flat out poopy and I really love the man but I fvcking loathe the hockey player. 

I agree with you on these points. Boyle's between the legs shot would have been amazing if it went in and I prob would have shut up about him for the rest of the season if it had.