GDT: Hurricanes @ Devils 12/29/18, 1:00 pm

eaglejelly

Love the early games. Got to watch this with my son (he is still only 20 months , but he likes to clap and point) . 

Zacha could have not scored today and I still would have been impressed. He is working very hard in all situations and not making stupid plays. 

He was also making his PP unit tick as well. 

Also I really, really don't want to get too excited about BigMac , but he looks so assured out there. Also he seems like a nice guy. Level headed and aware of what he has to do going forward.

Also that slapper from Greene at the end was Rolstonesque, love it. 

• Like 2

RECAP

• PROS
    • Zacha once again was a beast.
      • For all the criticism he gets, he's probably equally as impactful defensively as Barzal is offensively.
    • Andy Greene has really been good all year, and today was no exception.
      • I haven't seen a player get more undeserved hate than Greene has this year.
      • Even Lovejoy's hate wasn't nearly as unwarranted as Greene's hate this year.
    • Blackwood
      • The GI call was correct.
      • Williams had no business being in the crease, and the contact he made was enough contact to get that goal waved off.
  • CONS
    • Nothing major except for the two times Aho got free.
    • Also a couple of the penalties were unnecessary.

GOALIE AND DEFENSE

• Obviously they were excellent today.

5 ON 5 POSSESSION

• CF: 41 to 47
  • FF: 32 to 36
  • SF: 19 to 30
  • SCF: 15 to 14
  • HDCF: 7 to 8

5 ON 5 SVA POSSESSION

• CF: 40.47 to 47.32
  • FF: 31.4 to 36.33
  • SF: 18.69 to 30.32
  • SCF: 14.48 to 14.41
  • HDCF: 6.66 to 8.28
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Love what we are seeing out of Blackwood. The Devils needed a big solid goalie who is technically sound. Trusting that your goalie can make a save helps everyone and they just didn't have that with KK and Cory. Hopefully Mac can keep this up for a bit. 

Confidence in the goaltender goes a long way.

12 minutes ago, Mike Brown said:

I haven't seen a player get more undeserved hate than Greene has this year.

I feel like Zacha gets a ton of undeserved hate. Last game, he was arguably the best player and there were a lot of negative comments. Greene is an easy scapegoat due to being an underperforming captain, but he has also had his fair share of bad plays, in my opinion.

Damn...what else is there to say when you get a goal (and an ASSIST?!) from Zacha, a goal from Greene, and a kid goalie who actually seems to have a little something going on?  Some embrace the tank, but I'd like to see some fight to try to hang around for a while.  

LGMFD!!!

• Like 3