Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
eaglejelly

GDT: Hurricanes @ Devils 12/29/18, 1:00 pm

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

Miles wood permanently tries to put a weird slow wrist shot on the goalie. It’s never hard enough to actually generate a rebound. 

It’s beginning to infuriate me. Here comes wood down the wing again, oh look he passed it to the goalie again, good shift Miles.

he plays with one of those plastic sticks we played with in elementary school that were the equivalent of a wet noodle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, titans04 said:

Mind if I steal this for future use? It made my day along with the kid getting the SO.

Not at all, go for it man. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That’s kind of perfect. Dude’s entire hockey IQ consists of “skate as fast as possible, crash into stuff, maybe something will happen”. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I should add, I got a pair of Devils socks in my Christmas stocking and wore them for the first time to the game today. Clearly they are impregnated with hockey magic that directly influences Zacha’s play. 

I’ll have ‘em on for Monday’s game, obvi...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Nicomo said:

He clearly bumped him...

Didnt comment on this at the time, but man, that was honestly the weakest interference I’ve ever seen and I can’t believe it went our way. 

 

4 hours ago, Aitchmack said:

I'd be pissed if that was given against the Devils. Didn't look like he touched him. 

Did he touch him? Yes. Did it prevent Blackwood from making the save? Ehhh...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, nessus said:

I feel like Zacha gets a ton of undeserved hate. Last game, he was arguably the best player and there were a lot of negative comments. Greene is an easy scapegoat due to being an underperforming captain, but he has also had his fair share of bad plays, in my opinion.

Zacha's underlying defensive numbers are pretty beastly.  Also, if I'm gonna be completely honest Barzal is not the player this team needs.  Dude had 4 goals in his first 33 games and I doubt he'd have the points he currently has playing on the Devils.  He has 8 points in his last 4 games including a hatty last night, but he's a playmaker first and foremost, and the Devils have plenty of those.  If we're gonna play the hindsight game, Rantanen is the guy we should be kicking ourselves for not taking.  You can even make a case for Provorov.

Greene might scare you every time he has the puck, but considering he's a bottom 4 defensemen being asked to play top pairing minutes he's doing a fine good job.  His underlying numbers are really good, and he passes MY eyetest.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mike Brown said:

Greene might scare you every time he has the puck, but considering he's a bottom 4 defensemen being asked to play top pairing minutes he's doing a fine good job.  His underlying numbers are really good, and he passes MY eyetest.

Greenes doing better behind our goal line tying forwards up and battling for possession.. that's what he was really good at before he fell off the cliff..  santini looks like another young disappointment at D..  sammys hanging on by a hair,    we need a top pairing badly, even if it means older and expensive. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Mike Brown said:

Zacha's underlying defensive numbers are pretty beastly.  Also, if I'm gonna be completely honest Barzal is not the player this team needs.  Dude had 4 goals in his first 33 games and I doubt he'd have the points he currently has playing on the Devils.  He has 8 points in his last 4 games including a hatty last night, but he's a playmaker first and foremost, and the Devils have plenty of those.  If we're gonna play the hindsight game, Rantanen is the guy we should be kicking ourselves for not taking.  You can even make a case for Provorov.

Greene might scare you every time he has the puck, but considering he's a bottom 4 defensemen being asked to play top pairing minutes he's doing a fine good job.  His underlying numbers are really good, and he passes MY eyetest.

They do? Because after Hall, Nico is 2nd on the team in assists with 16...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

They do? Because after Hall, Nico is 2nd on the team in assists with 16...

Agreed. Big difference between a playmaker and just failing to score. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unless you're Toronto I can't think of many others teams that can't use a young stud like Barzal. Saying we have enough of those is hard to understand imho.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, ringtwins said:

They rave about Wood in the out of town broadcasts all the time. 

Same broadcasts that drone on and on about NJ playing the trap too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Nicomo said:

They do? Because after Hall, Nico is 2nd on the team in assists with 16...

Outside of Palmieri, who else is a pure goal scorer?  Johansson, Bratt, and Zajac are all pass first guys.  Too many playmakers, not enough shooters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, EdgeControl said:

Greenes doing better behind our goal line tying forwards up and battling for possession.. that's what he was really good at before he fell off the cliff..  santini looks like another young disappointment at D..  sammys hanging on by a hair,    we need a top pairing badly, even if it means older and expensive. 

Greene is actually still good at those things.  Those skills don't go away.  His skating and puck skills are what deteriorated.  Santini is still way too young to give up on.  Vatanen has been fine.  Yes we do need a top pairing defensemen, but by no means does that mean our current group has been bad.  They've all been quite good.

It is the coaching system that's making them look bad, not their actual play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mike Brown said:

Outside of Palmieri, who else is a pure goal scorer?  Johansson, Bratt, and Zajac are all pass first guys.  Too many playmakers, not enough shooters.

 

8 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Agreed. Big difference between a playmaker and just failing to score. 

What he said ^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.