GDT: Devils @ Stars 1/2/19, 8:30 pm

eaglejelly

2 minutes ago, Neb00rs said:

Without Zacha's effort there is no goal there. The guy is starting to really play with confidence out there.

Yeah, admittedly that goal doesn't happen without his contribution.  Clearly started with him.

2 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I have said it before and I would really like it if someone could find the actual stats (ahem, looking at you CR ;) ), but I absolutely LOVE that we start games with a goal so very often this season.  My God it's refreshing and exciting.  

Devils are 13-5-5 when scoring first, 2-11-2 when they don't.  23 out of 38 games they've lit the lamp first.  Nice.  Now that record when they don't...ewwww

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yeah, admittedly that goal doesn't happen without his contribution.  Clearly started with him.

I've given him a lot of sh!t. Especially because I see where Rantanen was drafted. But it's funny the way things flip so fast in hockey. One minute it looks like his naysayers [myself included] are vindicated and the next it seems like those who said, "Give him time, he's only XX years old relentlessly" could be right after all. If he becomes a 40-45 point elite PKer, I can't hate on that at this point. I just hope a week from now he isn't a fringe and cringe NHLer again.

1 minute ago, Neb00rs said:

I've given him a lot of sh!t. Especially because I see where Rantanen was drafted. But it's funny the way things flip so fast in hockey. One minute it looks like his naysayers [myself included] are vindicated and the next it seems like those who said, "Give him time, he's only XX years old relentlessly" could be right after all. If he becomes a 40-45 point elite PKer, I can't hate on that at this point. I just hope a week from now he isn't a fringe and cringe NHLer again.

That's what I was hoping for this season...about 40 points and general progress.  He likely won't hit the point total, but I'll take being far more optimistic about him by season's end. 

2 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

That's what I was hoping for this season...about 40 points and general progress.  He likely won't hit the point total, but I'll take being far more optimistic about him by season's end. 

Well I put up $10 if he has a point tonight and $5 for each additional game in the streak. So he’s near guaranteed to get to like 50 points. 

11 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Devils are 13-5-5 when scoring first, 2-11-2 when they don't.  23 out of 38 games they've lit the lamp first.  Nice.  Now that record when they don't...ewwww

Very nice work.  Beggers can't be choosers, I know, but I was also curious about how many games we score early, say, within the first 5, maybe 10 minutes or so.  Not sure how you go about finding that.

2 minutes ago, Aznjsn said:

God I just hate Radulov's dirty fcking face. This is tilting back a bit. We need to throw some hits back instead of making the stupid lazy passes to avoid a check.

Arnie get to the choppa - You're one ugly Motherfucker

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Neb00rs said:

That feeling when you finally become an NHL goalie only to realize that the AHL defense is better.

Yep. The 25 shot game was a fluke. Back to being shelled again. 

But Mike Brown will tell you how good they are. 

• Like 1