GDT: Devils vs. Coyotes, 1/4/19, 9:00pm

mfitz804

Yeah the ship has sailed on the shootout being a part of hockey but Stafford should not have gotten a first star last night.  If you're gonna give it to anyone off a SO goal give it to Palm who's the more important player.  But the skills competition shouldn't factor that heavily into the three stars.

53 minutes ago, HellOnICE said:

As for the question, this was settled in 2004, it is what it is.

The fact that it’s settled and it’s part of the game doesn’t mean it’s not stupid, and obviously, it doesn’t mean it couldn’t be changed again. 

38 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Yeah the ship has sailed on the shootout being a part of hockey but Stafford should not have gotten a first star last night.  If you're gonna give it to anyone off a SO goal give it to Palm who's the more important player.  But the skills competition shouldn't factor that heavily into the three stars.

I agree, BUT, who stood out in that game? I didn’t stay tuned for the three stars, but Coleman could have one, after that...Nico because it’s his b-day and Stafford for a beautiful winner in the shootout. 

1 hour ago, HellOnICE said:

Probably have to call up Johnson to Vegas for Sunday and then see if anything happens via waiver until then. BNG plays Sat night, can fly him out Sunday and figure it out.

Hell why not give Mike McKenna yet another team this week, I think he’s been technically on 3 (Sens, Nucks, Flyers)

Come in philly!

1 hour ago, aclc79 said:

Any update on MB29's injury status?

Maintenance day today, had some form of treatment, status tomorrow unknown.

Binghamton signed Anthony Brodeur

Anyone wanna wager KK gives up a goal in the first 5 minutes and probably 2 more by the end of the first tomorrow?

9 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Perfect example of why I hate the current overtime format and in particular, the shootout. Stafford cannot accomplish anything during a game, but is the best shootout player on earth. 

Why do we decide hockey games with a skills competition rather than, I don’t know, playing hockey?

It sucks but what can you do. If you're a fringe NHL guy being money in the shootouts makes you useful. Helps you stay in the league.

1 hour ago, '7' said:

It sucks but what can you do. If you're a fringe NHL guy being money in the shootouts makes you useful. Helps you stay in the league.

Of course, the other part of that is having to watch him fail to hockey for the other 65 minutes...good for him, sucks for the rest of us lol. 

• Like 1