2019 New York Mets Season Thread

'7'

Yeah a day late and a dollar short.  I know CR was against Gio Gonzalez but he's been terrific since getting to Milwaukee last year and has had good years before then, and most importantly wasn't all that expensive.  Heck they could have had a guy like Wade Miley too in the offseason, but they already had Vargas written in pen.  At least they didn't give Matt Harvey $11 million though, yeesh.

2 hours ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Yeah a day late and a dollar short.  I know CR was against Gio Gonzalez but he's been terrific since getting to Milwaukee last year and has had good years before then, and most importantly wasn't all that expensive.  Heck they could have had a guy like Wade Miley too in the offseason, but they already had Vargas written in pen.  At least they didn't give Matt Harvey $11 million though, yeesh.

In fairness, Gio usually starts very well...that I’m not that surprised by.  You saw the stretches I posted...they are scary.

Harvey now up to a 7.50 ERA on the season.  At this rate he may not make it through the season.  I have no idea who the Angels were bidding against...they probably could’ve had him for half his current contract, he’d been so bad (not to mention injury-prone) the last few years.  

1 minute ago, NJDevs4978 said:

But seriously, who's next - Jose Reyes?

(that's already a joke thread on NYFS...although I'm not sure how out of the realm it actually is)

Guess this is how you roll when you don’t have much in the way of ready-to-help prospects.  The team of BVW and Jeffy is getting more painful to watch by the move.

Interesting the Mets have no history of consequence against the Tigers. We almost never play. Back in 1997 when interleague was new and intriguing we made our first and only trip to Tiger Stadium. Todd Hundley commented on how the right field overhang (which served as the inspiration to our right field over hang at Citi) was "whispering to him". Detroit promptly swept us and scored a billion runs

Mets/Tigers games usually have some insane run totals. Teams scoring 14, 12, 11, 14, 16, 15 runs,

The 2006 World Series that should've been...

Edited by '7'

Think they hit 14 HR during the series.  Yeah was a slaughter.  Think Bobby Jones was one of the victims...god that guy was so hittable and ordinary.

And yeah, he gave up four dingers in that start...he had somehow gotten off to a 12-3 start that season (with an ERA well under 2.50) before the bottom fell out...that start in Detroit was the second of a string of a bunch of bad starts that derailed his year (though overall 1997 would up being one of his better seasons).

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Noah is a fvcking joke.  Absolutely 100% overrated and simply mediocre.  A gutless tease.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

And so far this game is a blatant reminder about how hard it was to feel much excitement about sweeping the dead-in-the-water Nats.  A blip.  Nothing more.

Well done Noah...a fvcking AL PITCHER is 2-for-2 against you tonight.  Loser.

And of course the complete turd on the mount can’t cough up the lead fast enough.  

Just a bizarre game. Aaron Altherr who just became a Met 10 minutes ago steps in and hits a home run. 

A battle of totally inept pitching. Both teams are just taking over the top home run cuts. We go ahead, Detroit comes back, we go ahead...Detroit comes back

No answers from this pen. Tigers bring whatever trash they want to the plate and it's screaming line drive after line drive. .168, .210, .216, .170 hitters are looking like Rod Carew

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Scattered boos for Thor as he departs, the natives are getting restless.  And he has like the second worst ERA of any qualified starter in the NL.

Yeah I’m really sick of his act.  Just fed up.

Cespedes officially out for the season...I’m sure he’s really crushed by that.  Just be honest and admit you don’t want to play Yoenis.  Not saying your injury isn’t legit...but congrats, you conned a cheap organization into playing big money (for them) for a guy who put on a good act.  Well done.

Nido with the GW HR.  Would’ve been a killer had they lost...still obviously not in great shape, but they’re hanging on for the moment.  

24 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Nido with the GW HR.  Would’ve been a killer had they lost...still obviously not in great shape, but they’re hanging on for the moment.  

I was at the game.... left after the 10th though, so I missed the game winning dinger.

Edited by MadDog2020