2019 New York Mets Season Thread

'7'

2 minutes ago, '7' said:

They cannot get Familia off of this team fast enough. He is a disaster

fvcking Brodie Boy and Jeffy saw fit to give him THREE fvckING YEARS.  They’re stuck with him for a while.

Mick the Not So Quick finally wakes up long enough to get that loser the hell out of there.  This game has “Yet another brutal loss” written all over it.  

This is the predictable west coast gag job. 5 run late inning lead in LA...loss. 4 run 8th inning lead in AZ...loss. This is beyond unacceptable. And Mickey's absolutely brain damaged approach to bullpen management plays a big part in it. He has to be fired. NOW!

• Like 1

Mickey should’ve been fired a while ago.  There’s nothing there...guy is a complete dope who’s more worried about being everyone’s pal and blowing sunshine up everyone’s asses.  It’s all about being positive and finding silver linings, even if there are none to be found.  He makes me sick to my stomach.

Mets will go down one-two-three (you just KNEW not getting more runs off Greinke was going to bite them in the ass), D’Backs will take it in the bottom of the ninth.  

Wish Mickey would just get canned and take Brodie Van Moron with him, but we’re stuck with BVW for a while.  

That game couldn’t have possibly gone more according to the script that this stupid sh!t franchise insists on writing over and over and over again.  And of course Gsellman and the dipsh!t manager were waxing positive...because that’s what Jeffy and BVW want.  Ain’t no negative in their world.  

If the Mets are remotely serious about this year being a big one...then go sign Kimbrel already.  They soon won’t have to give up a precious draft pick to bring him in.  You fvcked up with Familia there BVW...don’t allow Jeffy to let that contract cripple the team.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, '7' said:

This is the predictable west coast gag job. 5 run late inning lead in LA...loss. 4 run 8th inning lead in AZ...loss. This is beyond unacceptable. And Mickey's absolutely brain damaged approach to bullpen management plays a big part in it. He has to be fired. NOW!

Last night was one of those nights where I saw it was 4-0 early with deGrom and figured it was in the bag.  If it's possible to be astonished and yet totally unsurprised at the same time, that was me finding out this morning they blew it YET AGAIN.  The bullpen supposedly had the best ERA in May but boy do they wind up picking killer times to give up runs.  And Mickey's already run all of Gsellman/Diaz/Familia into the ground, not that the latter really deserves to be run out again and again.  He would have run Lugo into the ground too if he didn't have a forced IL break.  Warming up Diaz in both the 8th and 9th then only use him when it was too late was typical airhead Mickeyball.

Edited by NJDevs4978

If this sh!t road trip results in that absolute moron Mickey mercifully being shown the door, then I’ll take it.  But not like 2-5 was unexpected in the slightest.  

I keep waiting for the magical moment when Jeffy realizes how utterly incompetent he is regarding all matters baseball, and finally turns the Mets over to someone who can actually be allowed to run the organization as that hire sees fit.  But it’s so painfully obvious that we’ll only be treated to MORE meddling as Jeffy “asserts” himself.  Goddamn I hate being a  fvcking Mets fans.  There’s just so little joy involved.

Normally the Mets actually do well in Arizona.  Merilll Kelly shutting us down pretty well says it all.

And I saw posted elsewhere the Mets are 10-18 against teams currently above .500, and 28 of our next 31 games are against teams above .500...lordy.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Alonso is incredible. 20th home run already. Currenty on pace for 50+. 

But the 7th-8th-9th may be a tightrope. High pitch count Syndergaard on one hand, a piss poor pen on the other. There is literally nothing we can do but pray and hope for the best.

Good to see Ramos finally coming around as well. He's actually on pace for 90+ rbi, though it's tough to see him getting that being a 30+ year old catcher who will need increasing rest as the season drags on.

Hey Mickey von Wagenen might want to get Gsellman out of there now before he gives up double digit runs and use one of the relievers you put in mothballs, this game's over.

Someone on NYFS got off a good line...who knew 'come get us' meant come get our trade chips at the deadline?

Edited by NJDevs4978

Season feels gone. Not only do they not have the horses in the pen to do anything, but they have the dumbest man in baseball who has no clue how to use what he's given to the best of his abilities. They're dead in the water now. The Dodger and D-backs choke job finished them. 

I have no idea when Callaways tenure will officially end. When he'll finally be fired but he will never again be an MLB manager. NEVER

• Like 1

If they were the least bit competent the Phillies getting swept in LA would have given them some hope of the pack staying back with them for a while but they just can't sustain any kind of good streak to get back in the race.  Especially with Mickey running the pen into the ground because his job's on the line (the danger of keeping a guy on the hot seat without actually pulling the plug).  Using Gsellman five times in seven days isn't exactly a recipe for success.

Edited by NJDevs4978
  • Like 1

This season has pretty much become about seeing how many dingers Alonso can hit.  And how BVW and Jeffy handle being sellers.  Mickey’s just gotta go, end of story.

Bruce does have his good moments...the key word being "moments".  He has a whole lot of bad ones too.

McCutchen out for the season with a torn ACL...guess the baseball gods decided to stop fvcking with the Mets for once. 

Noah was apparently pissy about being taken out last night...that's lovely, but where the hell is that fight and spirit in his other starts?  Because he has games where he looks like he's sleepwalking.