2019 New York Mets Season Thread

'7'

lol in fairness the article only gives one specific instance of Brodie 'managing', when deGrom was removed in Arizona due to the injury concern.  But hey if you want that much autonomy Brodie then do Mickey a favor and go into the dugout yourself Lou Lamoriello-style.

Matz is a certainty to give up a HR after a call doesn't go his way. I though he struck the guy out, umpire decided to ignore it...but Matz lets up the game winning HR to the next batter. He just can't refocus after a bad call

4 minutes ago, '7' said:

Matz is a certainty to give up a HR after a call doesn't go his way. I though he struck the guy out, umpire decided to ignore it...but Matz lets up the game winning HR to the next batter. He just can't refocus after a bad call

Less guts than Niese.  Hard to pull off.

All this team does is underperform, blow leads, choke, and never do anything in the clutch. And never fight back. A staple of the Mickey Callaway era. They also can't make a single defensive play to save their lives.

They are close to quitting much like last year when they quit on their manager

12 minutes ago, '7' said:

All this team does is underperform, blow leads, choke, and never do anything in the clutch. And never fight back. A staple of the Mickey Callaway era. They also can't make a single defensive play to save their lives.

They are close to quitting much like last year when they quit on their manager

Why would they hold the manager in any regard when Brodie's running a shadow government?

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/mets-gm-brodie-van-wagenen-accused-of-giving-manager-orders-during-games/ar-AADnVrG?li=BBnbfcL&ocid=iehp

I know Has already posted a link alluding to this...but would this really surprise anyone?  Everyone on the Mets seems prone to meddling, and it's made even worse in that you have a guy who was never a baseball guy but for some reason is convinced that he IS in Jeffy, a GM who of course is failing miserably because HE'S NOT A fvckING GM, HE'S AN AGENT, and a pitching coach who somehow got a manager's gig, and whose utter lack of experience and ability to manage a baseball team is on full display every fvcking game.

Hate to say it, but I'm pretty much done.  In June.  For the second straight season.  Not saying that I won't be paying some attention, or catching a game now and then...but suffice it to say that taking in a Met game is now waaaaaaaaaaaay down on my totem pole of "fun things to do in Summer 2019".  Only the Mets could dump a dopey, too old-school-for-his-own-good manager in Collins, and a defeated "Who gives a fvck?" GM in Alderson, and actually come out worse for wear.  As long as either BVW and/or Callaway remain, there's zero chance that this will get better.  I know this is a pipe dream of biblical proportions, but goddamn, I just hope Jeffy one day can get over himself just long enough to hire a proper baseball man, then get the fvck out of the way for ONCE and actually let that guy run the team and build it up from the ground up.  Until this happens, we will only have that occasional, accidental, relevant season or two, like we just did in 2015 and 2016.  I'm so tired of this broken record of a franchise that too often has ME sounding like a broken record talking about them.  fvck you Jeffy...you moronic, entitled, fortunate son piece of sh!t who's never in on the complete joke that EVERYONE (who doesn't have to work for you and pretend otherwise) knows that you've always been.  Thanks for continuing to ruin baseball for all of us who for some reason think we might somehow derive just the slightest bit of enjoyment and excitement out of this franchise.  fvck you!

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

You allude to an excellent point...you have Jeff the owner who also fancies himself a GM, Brodie the agent who fancies himself a GM that fancies himself a manager, and Mickey the manager who just wants to be one of the guys like another player.  We’d be better off just having people who will stay in their lane so to speak.

Edited by NJDevs4978

1 minute ago, NJDevs4978 said:

You allude to an excellent point...you have Jeff the owner who also fancies himself a GM, Brodie the agent who fancies himself a GM that fancies himself a manager, and Mickey the manager who just wants to be one of the guys like another player.  We’d be better off just having people who will stay in their lane so to speak.

This X 1000000

What's funny is this lack of "stay in your lane" respect for various jobs within the Mets organization extends onto the field...guys just playing out of position all over the place...now there's talk of Rosario in CF?!  The late 80s-early 90s Mets tried this crap to get bats into the lineup...it usually has disastrous results. 

To me, at this point, it's really gotta start with Brodie losing the GM job...he talks a great game like all salesmen do, but he's just that...a salesman.  He is not qualified to be a GM, and it's truly plain for all to see now.  It is not going to get magically better...I just don't see how a guy who is not a GM can accidently put together a solid roster...especially for a franchise that will take an all-time colossal blunder like Cano and use it as an excuse not to spend much more for a while.

• Like 1

I'm guessing Brodie won't can Mickey now because he doesn't want to look stupid after tripling down on giving the Mickster a vote of confidence.

Note to Brodie:  you've already cemented your status as a complete buffoon who should've just stayed in your fvcking lane.  So it's much too late for you to not look like a dumbass, unless you resign from the job.  Just fire this guy already.  At least Riggleman has managerial experience...I can live with him as an interim guy for the rest of this (yet another lost) season. 

28-40 after a nice 9-4 start. But we see who they are. 

This is somehow blown save #20!!! on the season for them. And thinking back to the Dodger game disaster. Multiple home game disasters to the Cards at home. THREE games this series we could've won. What in the hell with a competent pen they could have 8 more wins. Maybe more

A disgrace. They have led all of sports in gut wrenching losses since 1986. That is a fact

10 minutes ago, '7' said:

28-40 after a nice 9-4 start. But we see who they are. 

This is somehow blown save #20!!! on the season for them. And thinking back to the Dodger game disaster. Multiple home game disasters to the Cards at home. THREE games this series we could've won. What in the hell with a competent pen they could have 8 more wins. Maybe more

A disgrace. They have led all of sports in gut wrenching losses since 1986. That is a fact

The comical thing is to Brodie's credit or blame depending on your POV he DID actually address the pen this offseason.

Diaz - traded our best prospect and another top prospect for him, taking on Cano's contract in the process

Familia - overpaid him to come back when they could have had Ottavino at similar money

Justin Wilson - is this guy alive?  He's made a couple of appearances and went into witness protection Matt Wise-style

Those were our three big pen acquisitions and we have a loser, a spectacular failure and a guy trapped in the trainer's room.

Edited by NJDevs4978
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

I went apesh!t at Shero for not landing Trouba.  Imagine if I were a passionate Mets fan what I'd be saying about Van Waggonen.  Woo boy.

If you were a passionate Mets fan you’d already be a beaten man.  They kill you over time.  This is just par for the fvcking course.  This franchise exists solely to kick its fanbase in the balls in every way possible, again and again and again.  When they seem to have finally run the gamut, they’ll find new and more spectacular ways to do it.  

2 hours ago, NJDevs4978 said:

The comical thing is to Brodie's credit or blame depending on your POV he DID actually address the pen this offseason.

Diaz - traded our best prospect and another top prospect for him, taking on Cano's contract in the process

Familia - overpaid him to come back when they could have had Ottavino at similar money

Justin Wilson - is this guy alive?  He's made a couple of appearances and went into witness protection Matt Wise-style

Those were our three big pen acquisitions and we have a loser, a spectacular failure and a guy trapped in the trainer's room.

Some GMs just have that way of turning everything that they touch into pure sh!t.  Guess which kind of GM Brodie is.  Mets gotta admit they fvcked up and move on ASAP.  Sadly no chance of that happening.

11 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

If you were a passionate Mets fan you’d already be a beaten man.  They kill you over time.  This is just par for the fvcking course.  This franchise exists solely to kick its fanbase in the balls in every way possible, again and again and again.  When they seem to have finally run the gamut, they’ll find new and more spectacular ways to do it.  

I would suggest maybe immersing yourself in the mind of a Ranger fan.  They have had less success over the years than the Mets, yet they think of themselves as a combination of the Warriors and Canadiens.  Maybe there’s some kind of subliminal messaging that goes on when you watch Ranger broadcasts or some hypnotic technique they’ve mastered.  It’s either that or low IQ, so maybe there really isn’t anything you can do about it.

14 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I would suggest maybe immersing yourself in the mind of a Ranger fan.  They have had less success over the years than the Mets, yet they think of themselves as a combination of the Warriors and Canadiens.  Maybe there’s some kind of subliminal messaging that goes on when you watch Ranger broadcasts or some hypnotic technique they’ve mastered.  It’s either that or low IQ, so maybe there really isn’t anything you can do about it.

You’re talking about Rag fans. It’s definitely low IQ. 

• Haha 1