2019 New York Mets Season Thread

'7'

4 hours ago, '7' said:

Wheeler coming up small early on in Atlanta

Hope we don't get swept. You often see cold streaks follow hot streaks

Zack is one of those guys that I’m never surprised when he comes up puny in a game like this.  Ditto Matz.

And yeah, like the 2017-18 Panthers that keep coming to mind, what’s so difficult is continuing to stay hot after it took so much just to get back into the race.  But to be fair, I was hoping for a 3-3 split for the six games with the Nats and Braves.  That’s still within reach.  

This is managing so bad that you could even suspect Callaway is wagering on Atlanta. But this should absolutely be the last straw. You cannot go forward with this kind of low IQ dolt managing your ballclub. It's embarrassing. Rich Kotite understood football better than Mickey Callaway understands baseball

3 minutes ago, '7' said:

This is managing so bad that you could even suspect Callaway is wagering on Atlanta. But this should absolutely be the last straw. You cannot go forward with this kind of low IQ dolt managing your ballclub. It's embarrassing. Rich Kotite understood football better than Mickey Callaway understands baseball

No arguments here.  It’s not like Mickey became a better manager overnight because the Mets were winning for a while.  The stupidity was just waiting to re-rear its ugly head.  And all of this is way too big for Callaway.  

Typical Conforto performance in a huge game.   Complete with several Ks.  Hello Nick Swisher.  

Some guys just come up SO puny in games like this...David Wright knows plenty about that.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

8 hours ago, '7' said:

Not able to watch today but...what kind of stupidity is this from Callaway pulling Matz here. Was he hurt? He was rolling along.

He is so astonishingly stupid

Yeah I get wanting to put in Lugo but he wasn't going to finish the game regardless - you want Matz in the 7th while he's rolling with a low pitch count or you want Diaz plus whatever's behind the mystery box in the 9th?  Granted it never got that far but still, these managers can't wait to find the pitcher who doesn't have it that day.

And I don't remember the last time I saw a pitcher get pulled immediately after being allowed to hit lol

Edited by NJDevs4978

Have not been impressed with Stroman at all. Laborious short outings. He just...doesn't seem good. He's giving us Vargas like production. Hanging by a thread at all times. When will we see the guy who pitched to a sub 3.00 ERA in the AL East?

Edited by '7'
  • Like 1

As much as this team can make me lose my sh!t at times...looks like they’re going to do what I’d hoped for, in splitting the six games against the Nats and Braves.  Yeah, would’ve been nice to have won at least 4 after taking the first two from the Nats, but oh well.

As far as tonight’s game goes...when friggin’ salami bat Juan Lagares manages three hits, you know it’s your day.  Rosario goes 9-for-11 in the leadoff spot over the past two games.  This guy might soon be flirting with a .330 OB%, which seemed like an absolute pipe dream earlier this season.

Gotta sweep the Royals though.  Still some more tough games coming up.  

Just now, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

As much as this team can make me lose my sh!t at times...looks like they’re going to do what I’d hoped for, in splitting the six games against the Nats and Braves.  Yeah, would’ve been nice to have won at least 4 after taking the first two from the Nats, but oh well.

Gotta sweep the Royals though.  Still some more tough games coming up.  

Not to mention the Phillies have gotten 'new manager' bounce with a sweep capped off by Harper's walk-off GS.

Today was all about Alonso really. They were about to spin out of control but he really put them on his back and dominated this game

They absolutely have to sweep Kansas City now. Not that I'd bitch about 2 of 3 but they don't have much margin for error.

Reds helped us out today as well. Finally cooled down Washington

Edited by '7'

7 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Not to mention the Phillies have gotten 'new manager' bounce with a sweep capped off by Harper's walk-off GS.

Yeah Phils score 1 in the eighth and then 6 in the ninth (with Harper’s GS) to erase a 5-0 deficit...just nuts.  

2 minutes ago, '7' said:

Today was all about Alonso really. They were about to spin out of control but he really put them on his back and dominated this game

They absolutely have to sweep Kansas City now. Not that I'd bitch about 2 of 3 but they don't have much margin for error.

Yeah Alonso is just a beast.  39 HR now.  Feels like he’ll find a way to get to 50.

And yeah, unfortunately 2 out of 3 is not going to feel good enough.  Agree fully.

Looks like the many scrubs still inhabiting the ‘pen are going to make this one interesting.  10-7, but at least there’s two outs.

2 minutes ago, '7' said:

Even with a 7 run lead you cannot have Gagnon out there more than an inning if he gets through it. He is scary bad. And shouldn't be in the majors

Well, Mickey shouldn’t really in the majors either, to be fair.

Oh Christ...the Human Torch is in.  

And this gutless turd immediately walks his first hitter on four pitches.  Tying run to the plate.  

Diaz somehow doesn’t completely fvck this up...Mets win, game over.  But goddamn.

9 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yeah Phils score 1 in the eighth and then 6 in the ninth (with Harper’s GS) to erase a 5-0 deficit...just nuts.  

Yeah Alonso is just a beast.  39 HR now.  Feels like he’ll find a way to get to 50.

And yeah, unfortunately 2 out of 3 is not going to feel good enough.  Agree fully.

They have to win this one first, good lord.  Maybe Matz can get the extra outs he should have yesterday :P

How often does Callaway have to exhibit his historic stupidity. GAGNON? And then Diaz?? 

It's like he doesn't want to win. He has no brain.

Just now, NJDevs4978 said:

That about says it all

ha, YES. This was very close to that abomination.

2 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

That about says it all

I was actually AT that game, lol.  Truly.  Saw it from pretty close too...to the right of home plate, at field level.