2019 New York Mets Season Thread

'7'

One of those games where Syndergaard is basically...meh.  Laboring and even if he gets out of this, he’ll be lucky to get through five.  

2 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Yep bad early season Thor is rearing it’s ugly head. But he can just blame Ramos :P

Guess Mickey and BVW might as well fvcking placate him now...right or wrong.  

6 minutes ago, '7' said:

Not sure how we're going to come back on Kershaw in this one. Awful. 

Kershaw’s been meh as of late...not giving up on this one yet.  

Sorry, I don’t want to see McNeil decide now is the time to think outside the box. Especially when it would be a wise idea to try to make Kershaw work a little.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

No way Garbage Time was getting a hit there...at least he hit it hard.

11 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Kershaw’s been meh as of late...not giving up on this one yet.  

Sorry, I don’t want to see McNeil decide now is the time to think outside the box. Especially when it would be a wise idea to try to make Kershaw work a little.

Well the Dodger pen is almost as bad as ours, hope we get to see it cause our pen is rearing it’s ugly head soon enough.

Too bad we wasted Ramos’s first IF hit this decade.

Edited by NJDevs4978

2 minutes ago, '7' said:

Missed opportunity in the 4th. 2 on...Frazier on 3 and one pops up a curve and Conforto lines out to 2nd. Cannot let these get away against the Dodgers

The very best that we could have hoped for was to take two of three from the Dodgers.  I’ll settle for one...means that the Mets will REALLY have to clean up against the weaker teams that they’ll play after this series, but the Dodgers are simply a far better team.  

Looks like Kershaw is starting to settle in after looking a little off through four.  

deGrom vs Ryu tomorrow.  Hope Jake is fully on.

16 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Looks like Kershaw is starting to settle in after looking a little off through four.  

deGrom vs Ryu tomorrow.  Hope Jake is fully on.

Thor needs to watch Kershaw pitch, dude is barely hitting 92 with his fastball these days but is still controlling the game, maybe three balls have been hit hard all night.

16 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Thor needs to watch Kershaw pitch, dude is barely hitting 92 with his fastball these days but is still controlling the game, maybe three balls have been hit hard all night.

Noah needs a fvcking heart transplant.  Some guts too.  

2 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

And now they waste an actual good 1.2 innings from Familia. That’s game unless Roberts gives Kershaw an early night off.

Yeah Dodgers are a well-oiled machine.  They just win.  Plenty.

Might as well let the D-squad chum that makes up much of the Mets’ BP finish this one off.  Bring in the real zilches.

Just now, NJDevs4978 said:

LOL 105 pitches is really the most Kershaw threw all season?!

Odd that this absolutely meaningless game for them he'd have Kershaw throw 105

If the roles were reversed I would yank deGrom at 75 pitches.

Edited by '7'

There went their last gasp.  Hard to believe they were just one batter away from having the tying run at the plate.  

19 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

There went their last gasp.  Hard to believe they were just one batter away from having the tying run at the plate.  

Yep I peaced out for the night after that to catch the earlier train back, I’d gone downstairs to the Mets HOF after Avilan imploded, saw the rally there - one more hit and I’d have gone back to my seat. Oh well, knew they wouldn’t keep it at 7 anyway :P

Edited by NJDevs4978

Man, what is it with this team almost NEVER giving poor Jake anything resembling run support?  So many times the guy tries so hard to get his team a win.  So many times they can't fvcking score runs for him.  It's so friggin' maddening. 

FINALLY, a huge hit!  C'mon boys...take this thing home!

And they finish it off!  A loss tonight would've been disastrous.  A win tomorrow would obviously be awesome, but I'm just happy that the Mets won't get swept in this series.