2019 New York Mets Season Thread

'7'

And of course. After Frazier boots a liner to 3rd which would've turned two, Matz promptly gives up the game winning 3 run HR

That Diaz blown save is probably the straw that broke our backs this season. A team can only take so many and I'm pretty sure we lead the league in 8th and 9th inning chokes. This team is fried. Season is over. Braves are taking off too

Edited by '7'
  • Like 1

Think about it Ponce de Leon was on the brink. 35 pitch 1st inning. He's going to end up with a W today while deGrom can't buy a win. He pitches to a 2.00 era and the Mets go 14-27 in those games. What are the odds of that? less than 1%?

23 minutes ago, '7' said:

Think about it Ponce de Leon was on the brink. 35 pitch 1st inning. He's going to end up with a W today while deGrom can't buy a win. He pitches to a 2.00 era and the Mets go 14-27 in those games. What are the odds of that? less than 1%?

That reminds me of Cory Schneider and his lack of goal support back in the days he was actually consistent.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Oh, and Brodie and Jeffy...go fvck yourselves.  Or better yet, each other.  

Callaway is so mind mind bogglingly inept and stupid that they were justified in firing him during last season. Definitely during the offseason. However it was never likely to happen but his gaffes were so scary and exhibited such a lack of understanding of basic baseball they you knew there was no way he'd improve. And of course this year has been no improvement as Callaway continues to be a meek idiot loser (and this isn't taking Brodie off the hook) but we've seen Micktarded for 220 games already. We know what he is. AN EMBARRASSING DISASTER 

I don't want to hear about anything "oh like Willie we don't want to fire him on fathers day weekend!" He's lucky he's not physically be set on fire at this point! FIRE HIM NOW. 

• Thanks 1

Just in the past like 2 weeks. Diaz vs the Dodgers, 3 run 9th inning lead he gags up. Heck we led this game 8-3 in the 7th

Then 5-1 to the Dbacks in the 8th. Gagged up

4-2 last night up. Diaz in. 2 outs. Man on 2nd. Back to back doubles and then losing it today IMMEDIATELY 

Rally back today and then Familia to Dejong...and the gutless puke pukes all over himself again

I mean this is FOUR TIMES. Four in the bank wins that they throw away. What in the hell. What other teams goes through this?

This team should be at least 37-32

Not to mention this looks like yet another bullpen implosion in the making.  

And they came within a whisker of blowing another one! Jesus H Christ!

Lugo needs to be the closer at this point. And they need to acquire bullpen help. REAL BULLPEN HELP.  Not Brooks Pounders and his 9.00 era in 38 career innings at 28 years old. 

Edited by '7'

Hamstrings can be dicey. I guess we'll see the severity of it. Syndergaard didn't really seem to be in too much pain and he was close to coming out of the game anyway...but I think we can expect him to miss at least two starts here

Of course Syndergaard goes to the IL.  I’m fully onboard with the Mets moving on from him...always something with him.  

Lmao could it have turned out any other way?

And sorry Brodie, don’t attempt to sell me on this season still being about contending, then have a guy like Flexen pitching on the big club.  Guy’s numbers are comically terrible.  

But he did strike out two hitters...so I’m sure The World’s A Rainbow Callaway will talk about how encouraging Flexen looked after giving up that HR.  Awesome.

On another note, Alonso has been hitting about .263 or so since mid-May, and still providing power...he’s done a nice job settling in, after looking like he might struggle for a while.  Kudos to him.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

I know I've brought up the whole Tebow thing before...but man, now he REALLY needs to be put out of his AAA misery.  He's actually getting WORSE.

Last 14 GP:  53 PA, 47 AB, 5 H, 4 BB, 21 K, slashing .106/.208/.128 (.335 OPS)

Are the Mets really so starved for OFs with ANY upside (no matter how small) that they can keep gifting Tebow with playing time in a league where he is clearly and completely overmatched?  You can't be more of a offensively nonentity than he's been...yet somehow, he's 6th on his team in both games played and plate appearances.  I know the Mets often come off as a joke without a punchline, but this whole Tebow thing is really making a mockery of the whole system of developing players for the majors.  If he's not Tim fvcking Tebow, a guy with numbers like his over an ever-increasing sample size of pure futility is either demoted or flat-out released.  I'm sorry, but considering the state of the rest of the franchise at the moment, I don't have any patience for this kind of crap anymore.  Screw his disciples...it's just time for this story to end, NOW. 

Mets season is on the brink here. Wrong time to go on the road against the red hot Braves. Sure enough they lead off with a juiced ball HR. And the next two guys get on base. Mets I can see getting swept easily here offering 0 resistance

McNeil can't field and at'em ball. Alonso can't pick up an easy grounder. They're just totally out of it under Mickey. No pulse

Edited by '7'

This team fails just about every challenge put to it...I expect this trip to fully bury them.

Lol Mickey still can’t figure out that bringing Familia into a game is forever flirting with complete disaster.  How much more do you need to see?  Mickey Rourke, Mickey from the Rocky movies...hell, I’ll take Mickey fvcking Mouse over the dipsh!t Mickey we have managing this team.  Dammit all.