2019 New York Mets Season Thread

'7'

And that’s the season.

Mickey should’ve been fired weeks ago, but for the love of God Brodie, come out of your slumber long enough to put this loser out of his fvcking misery.  

Guess I should’ve enjoyed 2015 and 2016 more than I did.  Because this team is going to suck for a long long time.  

Just now, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

And that’s the season.

Mickey should’ve been fired weeks ago, but for the love of God Brodie, come out of your slumber long enough to put this loser out of his fvcking misery.  

Guess I should’ve enjoyed 2015 and 2016 more than I did.  Because this team is going to suck for a long long time.  

It is amazing...if you told me after 2016 the Mets would be going on three straight 70-win seasons I'd think the pitchers broke down but they really haven't, at least physically.

1 minute ago, NJDevs4978 said:

It is amazing...if you told me after 2016 the Mets would be going on three straight 70-win seasons I'd think the pitchers broke down but they really haven't, at least physically.

With the exception of deGrom, they’re all overrated.  Either underperforming or having injury issues.  At any rate, enough with “maybe next year” with them.  Mets can move on from Noah, Matz, and Wheeler as far as I’m concerned.  It’s just never going to happen for them here.  

What’s funny is how predictably puny this team came up tonight.  They literally cannot wait to be outclassed by legit contenders.  You could see this kind of a loss coming a hundred miles away.  

Nimmo's once absolutely nothing "injury" of a next strain has now snowballed into 30 days of no baseball activity. Because of course it has

Nice that they found some sort of phantom injury to sit Familia down for a while (some kind of shoulder lesion, 10 day DL)

Never thought I'd see a Met have a season like this (just stay healthy Alonso) 3 hits today. An RBI on a double and a 2 run HR. It's mid June and he's got 24 home runs and 57 RBI. His pace is incredible. He could destroy our single season HR record. And top Piazza and Wright's 124 rbi marks

15 minutes ago, '7' said:

Never thought I'd see a Met have a season like this (just stay healthy Alonso) 3 hits today. An RBI on a double and a 2 run HR. It's mid June and he's got 24 home runs and 57 RBI. His pace is incredible. He could destroy our single season HR record. And top Piazza and Wright's 124 rbi marks

The clearly juiced ball takes a little, well, juice out of Alonso’s season, but yeah, even with that, he’s still measuring up handsomely against his peers.  He’s been a lot of fun to watch.  

And nice to beat up on Teheran for a change, though this season is already toast.  deGrom really finding his game too.

Complete horsesh!t call on McNeil for interference...heaven forbid Mickey show a fvcking pulse and get himself run.  

46 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Real key RBI for Cano there...fvck off.

oh definitely. In a big spot with a man on that's a tapper to short for a double play where Cano isn't even in the TV picture running when the ball reaches the 1st basements glove.

Just goes to show how rare this kind of run support is for deGrom. He's started 19 games against Atlanta and has a 1.88 era against them. He's only 7-6 in those starts. Pretty unfathomable.

It would be nice if this started a trend of the Mets finally, for the first time in forever, actually giving deGrom run support.

• Like 1

Yeah, Mets bats continue to come up minuscule for deGrom way too often...in 9 out of his 10 starts, he’s allowed 2 ER or less, yet the Mets have somehow managed to go just 3-7 in those games.  It’s beyond maddening.  

17 hours ago, '7' said:

Just goes to show how rare this kind of run support is for deGrom. He's started 19 games against Atlanta and has a 1.88 era against them. He's only 7-6 in those starts. Pretty unfathomable.

It would be nice if this started a trend of the Mets finally, for the first time in forever, actually giving deGrom run support.

It's almost like last night was a slight regression to the mean given deGrom's hard luck and the fact we usually make Tehran look like Tom Seaver.

And what on earth was our idiot 3rd base coach doing previous inning. Instead of bases loaded 1 out he sends JD Davis who was out by a mile (though they play was a bit odd as Davis tried to hurdle the catcher to no avail) I mean seriously you're sending a lumbering 6'3 225 runner around 3rd on something hit to short right?

Matz has NOTHING in the guts department.  One of the biggest pussies in MLB.  Not at all surprised he crumbled in a game like this.

Can’t see them possibly coming back in this one.

Just now, '7' said:

Pitching coach Dave Eiland has been fired as well as bullpen coach Chuck Hernandez

Typical Mets...going halfway.  I'm fine with both of them being shown the door (not like this staff flourished under Eiland, with the exception of deGrom, who would probably pitch well no matter who his pitching coach is), but Callaway should be gone too. 

lmao will they let him use a walker whenever he needs to go out for a mound visit?

This franchise is just doomed.

Safe to say that the Cubs have solved Lockett.  Nope, couldn’t have considered Keuchel.

Can't even get upset. I mean we're throwing a guy out there on a road against a good offense. This is generally what's going to happen. Plus the Mets shot themselves in the foot the first two innings double playing themselves out of runs. 

1 minute ago, '7' said:

Can't even get upset. I mean we're throwing a guy out there on a road against a good offense. This is generally what's going to happen. Plus the Mets shot themselves in the foot the first two innings double playing themselves out of runs. 

Not upset...if anything, turning in two hitless before it all caved in was the real surprise.  Doesn’t matter, this season is over anyway.  Just like it was by June last year.