Jump to content
'7'

2019 New York Mets Season Thread

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

If you were a passionate Mets fan you’d already be a beaten man.  They kill you over time.  This is just par for the fvcking course.  This franchise exists solely to kick its fanbase in the balls in every way possible, again and again and again.  When they seem to have finally run the gamut, they’ll find new and more spectacular ways to do it.  

I would suggest maybe immersing yourself in the mind of a Ranger fan.  They have had less success over the years than the Mets, yet they think of themselves as a combination of the Warriors and Canadiens.  Maybe there’s some kind of subliminal messaging that goes on when you watch Ranger broadcasts or some hypnotic technique they’ve mastered.  It’s either that or low IQ, so maybe there really isn’t anything you can do about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I would suggest maybe immersing yourself in the mind of a Ranger fan.  They have had less success over the years than the Mets, yet they think of themselves as a combination of the Warriors and Canadiens.  Maybe there’s some kind of subliminal messaging that goes on when you watch Ranger broadcasts or some hypnotic technique they’ve mastered.  It’s either that or low IQ, so maybe there really isn’t anything you can do about it.

You’re talking about Rag fans. It’s definitely low IQ. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I would suggest maybe immersing yourself in the mind of a Ranger fan.  They have had less success over the years than the Mets, yet they think of themselves as a combination of the Warriors and Canadiens.  Maybe there’s some kind of subliminal messaging that goes on when you watch Ranger broadcasts or some hypnotic technique they’ve mastered.  It’s either that or low IQ, so maybe there really isn’t anything you can do about it.

Oh I’ve discussed this “phenomenon” many times.  They really think they have this long and proud tradition, and that playing in NYC makes them the Yankees of the NHL.  For this and many other reasons I’ve outlined often, I consider the Ranger fanbase one of the flat-out dumbest in all of sports.

I at least know what the Mets are.  An endless fvcking joke, only somehow we NEVER get to the friggin’ punchline.  They’re just relentlessly painful.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Guess Alonso is the only reason to pay attention anymore.  

Oh, and congrats on cementing your place in Mets history there Brodie.  You will forever be remembered as a clownish carnival barker and an experiment gone horribly wrong, a joke, a complete failure...you better pray that somehow your colossally embarrassing run as a MLB GM didn't destroy your career as an agent, because it will only be a matter of time before you're forced back into the lane where you belong...because it's the Wilpons who are your bosses, that won't happen near soon enough, but it WILL happen.  Still patting yourself on the back for your "active" offseason?  Still think this job is as easy as talking up a huge bullsh!t game?  fvck off.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was a nice ceremony for the '69 team but it does hit home with how many of the big names weren't there that it's really the last time there's going to be a major celebration for one of the most memorable champions in sports history.  Maybe Krane's speech where he channeled Tug at the end will inspire the current group for a day or two

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Or not...looks like another LOLMatz game, with an assist from Dom who got schnookered by Acuna.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Or not...looks like another LOLMatz game, with an assist from Dom who got schnookered by Acuna.

I am so over spineless gutless Matz.  Only starter with any stones and fight at all is deGrom.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Guess Alonso is the only reason to pay attention anymore.  

Oh, and congrats on cementing your place in Mets history there Brodie.  You will forever be remembered as a clownish carnival barker and an experiment gone horribly wrong, a joke, a complete failure...you better pray that somehow your colossally embarrassing run as a MLB GM didn't destroy your career as an agent, because it will only be a matter of time before you're forced back into the lane where you belong...because it's the Wilpons who are your bosses, that won't happen near soon enough, but it WILL happen.  Still patting yourself on the back for your "active" offseason?  Still think this job is as easy as talking up a huge bullsh!t game?  fvck off.

re: Brodie it’s actually embarrassing how big a deal he’s making over this Matthew Allan kid - if you don’t know the backstory we drafted him in the third round, he had first round talent but gave off the unsignable vibe especially being a Bora$ client so everyone else passed - we pick him, give him a huge (think around $3 million) bonus to sign him then brag how we centered our whole draft around this kid. Far be it for me to pass judgement over some kid who hasn’t pitched in pro ball yet but with all this hype Brodie’s drafting better not be as bad as the rest of his GM’ing.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Figures Lugo goes to sh!t after I trade for him on one of my two dynasty league fantasy teams, and I have Diaz on the other. Yay for the double double whammy :P

Edited by NJDevs4978

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Conforto has a lot of post-2008 David Wright in him...guy has a way of striking out in tons of key spots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, NJDevs4978 said:

It was a nice ceremony for the '69 team but it does hit home with how many of the big names weren't there that it's really the last time there's going to be a major celebration for one of the most memorable champions in sports history.  Maybe Krane's speech where he channeled Tug at the end will inspire the current group for a day or two

BTW during the ceremony, the Mets listed two players (Jim Gosger and Jesse Hudson) as dead when both in fact are ALIVE.  Only the friggin’ Mets...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

BTW during the ceremony, the Mets listed two players (Jim Gosger and Jesse Hudson) as dead when both in fact are ALIVE.  Only the friggin’ Mets...

Hah I just saw that too, man this organization literally can't DO anything right atm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Hah I just saw that too, man this organization literally can't DO anything right atm.

It just never ends...literally, NEVER.  They can’t even accidentally get something right.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

BTW during the ceremony, the Mets listed two players (Jim Gosger and Jesse Hudson) as dead when both in fact are ALIVE.  Only the friggin’ Mets...

Just unfathomable (wonder if Jay Horwitz was the one doing the research) but the tiny bit of work it would take to figure out what members from the 69 team are with us or not...and they STILL can't get it right

This team is 28-43 after a 9-4 start. One of the worst, unclutch teams in baseball for some time already

10-20 since that Dodger gut punch. That was the final straw. Killed their season

Edited by '7'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I know Jay Horowitz is a harmless old man but how he has a job when this franchise continues to PR blunder all over itself is one of life's great mysteries, he must have something on the Wilpons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, '7' said:

Just unfathomable (wonder if Jay Horwitz was the one doing the research) but the tiny bit of work it would take to figure out what members from the 69 team are with us or not...and they STILL can't get it right

This team is 28-43 after a 9-4 start. One of the worst, unclutch teams in baseball for some time already

10-20 since that Dodger gut punch. That was the final straw. Killed their season

Seriously, heads should fvcking roll over that gaffe.  Can you imagine the Yankees EVER making a mistake like that?  No, because it would NEVER.  fvckING.  HAPPEN.  

Like you point out, we’re talking very little research to get this right.  

As for the team...it’s really the pen that’s killing them (though every starter not named deGrom is clearly overrated).  They’ve got some hitters, though Conforto is a guy I have zero faith in the big spot.  And Cano is just pure poison.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LOL wow they won a frigging game, throw the confetti.

In seriousness, congrats to deGrom, Alonso and McNeil for making the All-Star team, they're about the only things left worth watching.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice win today. Still they have a long LONG way to go to dig out of this monumental hole. This is two in a row...they need to get to seven in a row before anybody begins to give a damn

Still it's good to see back to back 8th inning come from behind rally wins rather than things the other way around

In a year of literally every Brodie movie going wrong...JD Davis was one that turned out alright

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Of course another meh who cares split...but the bigger story now is Thor pulling another ego trip and more or less requesting Nido to be his personal catcher.  So now they either have to sit Ramos two out of every five days, or play him during deGrom games when deGrom's been throwing better to Nido too.  And on top of all that Vargas shakes off Ramos on the pitch (and then apologized afterwards) to Gregorius that he launched into the seats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah read about that yesterday.  FWIW both Syndergaard’s and deGrom’s numbers are much better with Nido catching them.  And Ramos is actually being very cool about it...guy is definitely a class act.  But yeah, coming from Syndergaard it just feels kind of annoying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yeah read about that yesterday.  FWIW both Syndergaard’s and deGrom’s numbers are much better with Nido catching them.  And Ramos is actually being very cool about it...guy is definitely a class act.  But yeah, coming from Syndergaard it just feels kind of annoying.

Yeah I heard Evan Roberts going through the numbers...the irony being the Vargas and Wheeler's numbers are much better with Ramos (while Matz hasn't been in there for any Nido starts at all).  Perfect, the two guys who should be traded this month are the ones that actually benefit from Ramos :P

Edited by NJDevs4978

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hoskins out at the plate to make it 2-2. Of course Mickey can't challenge because he already wasted a challenge on a low percentage pointless challenge play earlier

Our manager is an unfathomable buffoon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

What was that 5 pitches from Diaz and that's all it took. Phillies win in the top of the 9th. Not sure why Frazier was so far off the line but...Mets are morons in every which way. They can't catch a baseball, they can't throw a baseball, they can't throw a ball from catcher to 2nd. The entire team is just an insult to humanity

Edited by '7'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And Bruce getting Bruuuuce chants while Diaz gets booed lol...but Jay did do more for the Mets than Diaz :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.