GDT: Devils @ Vegas - 6 Jan 18, 4pm Eastern

jagknife

2 minutes ago, Aitchmack said:

I totally agree with this. There's no denying he made mistakes but he's not alone in that and I think the good has outweighed the bad. But I suspect I'm in the minority.

I think what sours most people is the guy was the 6th overall pick and there were MUCH better options on the board but that idiot (Conte) went with Zacha even knowing he had limited upside offensively and was inconsistent. And of course, a guy whom I'm tired of mentioning was selected 10 spots later and he looks like an absolute stud and we get to see him every week on TV as added insult. 

I say trade him, but I'm not sure anything of value would be coming back our way. 

57 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

What good? All 8 points he has scored?

Nine points, but he doesn't score enough that's for sure. He's not alone there though. Bratt has scored, three goals. Mojo six, Wood four, Noeson two. Most of the forwards need to score more.

57 minutes ago, slasher72 said:

I think what sours most people is the guy was the 6th overall pick and there were MUCH better options on the board but that idiot (Conte) went with Zacha even knowing he had limited upside offensively and was inconsistent. And of course, a guy whom I'm tired of mentioning was selected 10 spots later and he looks like an absolute stud and we get to see him every week on TV as added insult. 

I say trade him, but I'm not sure anything of value would be coming back our way. 

I think you're probably right about the fact he was a 6th overall pick but is it his fault that Conte had lost the plot? As for trading him it might be for the best. Maybe he'd benefit from playing for a team where the expectations of him aren't so high. As you say though would you get much in return? And who would you call up from Bingo. Quenneville, Seney and Pietila haven't looked like they're upgrades. I would like to see McLeod get more of a look though.

2 minutes ago, Aitchmack said:

Nine points, but he doesn't score enough that's for sure. He's not alone there though. Bratt has scored, three goals. Mojo six, Wood four, Noeson two. Most of the forwards need to score more.

I think you're probably right about the fact he was a 6th overall pick but is it his fault that Conte had lost the plot? As for trading him it might be for the best. Maybe he'd benefit from playing for a team where the expectations of him aren't so high. As you say though would you get much in return? And who would you call up from Bingo. Quenneville, Seney and Pietila haven't looked like they're upgrades. I would like to see McLeod get more of a look though.

I would call up McLeod in this place. Yep. As for who you can get...not sure. That's a tough one. How many other teams have a young player chosen in the first round whom they're not too enamored with and needs a change in scenery? Maybe we could do a 1 for 1 swap. Or, maybe ship him out for a draft pick. It sucks to be in this position but looks like it has to happen. . 

6 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I don't think there's some love affair with him on the fans' part...not here, anyway (unless you're talking about the mutant contingent).  I think KK did buy some currency with us when he stepped in for Cory down the stretch and played well, and started off strong this season, but that's about all used up.  I think we realize that continually asking a KK-type to cover up for Cory falling apart is definitely asking too much.  I'm also open to the idea of getting a solid vet who can handle both starting and backup duties with more consistency (and spending more for such a player).  As I mentioned in the previous post, it's not like KK is being paid a fortune by any stretch. 

I mean you only had to hear the boos when KK got pulled against the Blue Jackets to know the honeymoon was over.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Aitchmack said:

I totally agree with this. There's no denying he made mistakes but he's not alone in that and I think the good has outweighed the bad. But I suspect I'm in the minority.

Consider me part of the minority.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NJDevs4978 said:

I mean you only had to hear the boos when KK got pulled against the Blue Jackets to know the honeymoon was over.

I was really hoping they didn’t allow that third shot to end the first, then he could have been perfectly pathetic.

or as he’d type it:

🚧 = 🧀 in 🥅 w/ 🚨🚨

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Aitchmack said:

And every one of those guys (save Bratt who at least puts up points) gets plenty of sh!t. 

21 hours ago, DevsMan84 said:

You literally named every backup that is easily better than KK.  Paying KK, for what he brings, $2M+ is way too much.

You missed the point.  They're making more money than him.  Go through the league and see if you can find a quality backing making 1-2M.  You can't.  There's a handful of guys making between $650-900K, but they're all on ELCs and unproven youngsters who have barely played.  KK's a seasoned backup on the cheap.  He's not a starter, we know that, but he's an inexpensive stopgap. 

22 hours ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH WHAT. 

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahahhahahahaha.

The guy plays on a stacked Nashville team with the best defense in the league and one of the best offenses in the league, and has a .907 save percentage this season.  Yeah, he's amazing.