Sign in to follow this  
Kinkyisth3b3st

The Pavel Zacha Thread

Just now, Lateralous said:

Just a few points to add to this:

1.  When Zacha was drafted, he was considered more of a project than many of the other players drafted around him.  He also missed half of his draft season setting him back a little.  Despite where he was drafted, his slow development in the pros shouldn't be a big surprise to anyone.  

2.  I think many times power forwards take longer to develop in general, much like defenseman.  Smaller guys are used to using their elusiveness.   In junior, Zacha was bigger and faster than everyone else so he could just go through people in Sarnia.  He moved straight to the NHL where he frankly looked timid until about 2 months ago.  Up until the recent rash of turnovers, he was playing really good hockey since Binghamton and he's been using his body much more.  He may be behind but his development has hardly stagnated.    

3.  I live in the Philly area.  Sitting around after open hockey last night, I was taken back by Flyers fans bitching about how bad Provorov has been this year.  In this day of Gamecenter, I barely ever watch the Flyers any more but it seemed to be a  pretty unanimous opinion.  Everything isn't necessarily all roses with everyone drafted around Zacha who people lament that we didn't take.   (Not happy with Nolan Patrick either😉)               

That one's a stunner...he enjoyed a 5-goal, 4-assist burst over 10 games earlier this year, and I'm guessing that the Flyer faithful were thinking: "Here he comes, he's putting it all together!"  And now just 2 assists over his last 22 games (just 11 SOG over his last 11).  He was hurt not long ago...is he suffering from trying to play through something?

2 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

That one's a stunner...he enjoyed a 5-goal, 4-assist burst over 10 games earlier this year, and I'm guessing that the Flyer faithful were thinking: "Here he comes, he's putting it all together!"  And now just 2 assists over his last 22 games (just 11 SOG over his last 11).  He was hurt not long ago...is he suffering from trying to play through something?

Yeah...living in Philadelphia lol. 

• Haha 1