GDT: Devils at Blue Jackets, 1/15/19 7:00 pm

mfitz804

3 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Good news everyone! I didn’t get blocked during intermission!

That's actually the first thing I thought of when I saw that you were gonna tweet at him lol.  I'm pretty surprised he didn't block you, but maybe the coaches took his phone away from him and more stopping pucks and less 140 characters.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

That's actually the first thing I thought of when I saw that you were gonna tweet at him lol.  I'm pretty surprised he didn't block you, but maybe the coaches took his phone away from him and more stopping pucks and less 140 characters.

Someone tossed him his phone so he could block him, and it just sailed right through his five hole. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

3 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

He didn't block anything before intermission either

Well to be fair we’ve been asking for KK to be more consistent...

• Haha 1

I am un-rescinding my comment that I rescinded during the wacky 20 game run of play that Kinkaid will more than likely never surpass in his career again: I never want to see him play another game in this jersey again. Just completely fvcking unwatchable goaltending.

15 minutes ago, Steven M. said:

I am un-rescinding my comment that I rescinded during the wacky 20 game run of play that Kinkaid will more than likely never surpass in his career again: I never want to see him play another game in this jersey again. Just completely fvcking unwatchable goaltending.

They’ve both fvcked us. Cory is too expensive for anyone to want him. If KK did what he did last year, he’d be great to trade for a couple of picks. That’s out the window too. 

I’d rather see Blackwood and whomever than the two of them. 

Very curious to see what happens with Cory especially. I mean even if he was actually hurt, he’d be recovered by now, no? Do they plan on keeping him out indefinitely? It’s not a LTIR kind of injury, at least it hasn’t been presented that way yet. 

Edited by mfitz804
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Everyone should get a Pickles jersey.

Just sent my heritage jersey in for customizing, and really debated hard between Hischier and Coleman. Ended up going Nico because he’s younger, and I like his #. It was a tough choice though. Coleman is the man. He gets compared to Madden a lot (and rightly so), but he might be  even better offensively honestly. 

19 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

They’ve both fvcked us. Cory is too expensive for anyone to want him. If KK did what he did last year, he’d be great to trade for a couple of picks. That’s out the window too. 

I’d rather see Blackwood and whomever than the two of them. 

Very curious to see what happens with Cory especially. I mean even if he was actually hurt, he’d be recovered by now, no? Do they plan on keeping him out indefinitely? It’s not a LTIR kind of injury, at least it hasn’t been presented that way yet. 

If they can't trade Kinkaid (they definitely can't trade Cory with that contract) then I hope they send Mac back to Bingo to keep developing with his newfound confidence. Ideally though, they dump Kinkaid and let Cory and Mac ride it out, with Cory getting a lot of games because at this point the season is lost. I want to see Mac keep developing, but I also don't want that to be at the cost of bringing the Devils to some stupid point total in the 82-86 range or something. At this point, give us the best damn pick we can possibly get.