GDT: Ducks @ Devils - Final Game before Bye Week - 19 Jan 19 @ 1pm Eastern

jagknife

Just now, thecoffeecake said:

Scored three times in the shootout against Russia for the US in the semifinal of the 2017 WJC, one to keep the game alive and another to win it, and scored again in the shootout against Canada in the gold medal game. It was unreal. Steve said he scored in the shootout for Anaheim in his first game up before going back down. 

i forgot that was him!! thanks for the reminder!

I'm watching the Ducks feed, really dont wanna hear Mr. Devils Excuses today...

3 minutes ago, jagknife said:

i forgot that was him!! thanks for the reminder!

I'm watching the Ducks feed, really dont wanna hear Mr. Devils Excuses today...

That was such a great tournament. That team wasn't as talented as the two that came before it (the ones that had Eichel, Matthews, Werenski, DeBrincat, among others just not on the top of my head right now), but they played with so much heart.

I work nights these days and can only listen on NHL.com during the week (MSGGo has stopped working entirely on all platforms for me, and I can't risk a virus from an illegal stream on a work computer), so hearing our tv broadcast is an excellent treat for me right now.

• Like 2

Just now, MadDog2020 said:

He was an assistant with Minnesota for one season a couple of years ago, but he resigned because he said he missed his family and didn’t really wanna deal with the NHL grind. 

Just now, MadDog2020 said:

He was an assistant with Minnesota for one season a couple of years ago, but he resigned because he said he missed his family and didn’t really wanna deal with the NHL grind. 

Thats OK he can our coach D, Our home games. :thumbsup:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I mean, it’s going to snow, but there’s probably gonna be just as much ice as snow. Out here in the boonies of Morris County, it’s supposed to start around 7.

Before Christmas, we were supposed to have a bad storm out here. My friends wife works in the weather shop and accidentally pushed out the weather alert with her name attached to it. The storm pushed south after we had all been released early. Dumped 7 inches on Lubbock, but nothing for us. Felt really sh!tty for her since she had to brief the brass as to why she was wrong. Her reason was essentially “I’m not mother fvcking nature.” They laughed. It was a good brief.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Before Christmas, we were supposed to have a bad storm out here. My friends wife works in the weather shop and accidentally pushed out the weather alert with her name attached to it. The storm pushed south after we had all been released early. Dumped 7 inches on Lubbock, but nothing for us. Felt really sh!tty for her since she had to brief the brass as to why she was wrong. Her reason was essentially “I’m not mother fvcking nature.” They laughed. It was a good brief.

....Im near the water here in Monmouth Co, Def gonna get something...