Sign in to follow this  
jagknife

GDT: Ducks @ Devils - Final Game before Bye Week - 19 Jan 19 @ 1pm Eastern

2 hours ago, Mike Brown said:

RECAP

• Pros
    • Erika looked incredibly pretty with those curls in her hair.
  • Cons
    • The hockey game

Best Mike Brown recap ever.

And way to go showing a human emotion!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Triumph said:

I was actually at today's game and the hit Manson took happened in front of me - it was quite high, so I can see why he was upset.

But yeah, he was nothing special.  He was engaged, certainly, but on the puck he wasn't doing a ton.

I was getting ready for work so I was basically just listening to the telecast, didn't catch wind until now that Bratt had 4 shifts in the 3rd period totaling like 3 mins or something of ice time in the 3rd period. All in service of getting Bastian more time on ice because Nico's line was 'playing too much on the perimeter.'

Honestly tough for me to understand what the coaching staff is doing sometimes.

Edited by Steven M.

Someone tell me what the hell Hynes was thinking when he challenged that goal. What the hell angle did he look at that he thought it was offsides. 

The goal on the ensuing power play killed us. 

I don’t ordinarily question Hynes as a coach, but that was an awful decision that you could argue cost us the game, late goal from Bratt notwithstanding. 

Edited by mfitz804
  • Like 2

Can anyone watching at home tell me how the Devils got a timeout late in the game after losing a challenge? The only thing I can think of it was a Ducks timeout but announced in the arena as a Devils time out.

1 minute ago, Rock said:

Can anyone watching at home tell me how the Devils got a timeout late in the game after losing a challenge? The only thing I can think of it was a Ducks timeout but announced in the arena as a Devils time out.

A failed coach’s challenge on an offsides is a minor penalty, you don’t forfeit your time out. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

yeah thanks i just found it in the rulesB)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rock said:

I asked the same thing a few pages back. I knew challenging an offsides call and losing got you a penalty but I thought you lost the timeout as well.

Funny how people like us think we know the damn rules and yet they want to grab more casual fans... But then again the casuals don't care anyway. 

Edited by Satans Hockey

11 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I asked the same thing a few pages back. I knew challenging an offsides call and losing got you a penalty but I thought you lost the timeout as well.

Funny how people like us think we know the damn rules and yet they want to grab more casual fans... But then again the casuals don't care anyway. 

That rule changed before last season. 

I still think it was ridiculous, that play wasn’t even close to offsides, why in the world did we challenge?

the goals against Mac are top shelf now.. league found out quickly nothing gets through along the ice. so its top corners. really not much can be done even at 6'-5" ..that third goal and the eberle one were just perfect snipes.. the only area which concerns me is his stick-mit (blocker)

I thought we played well offensively. rethinking Mojo. id re-sign him at this point. stafford is an enigma , guy at times has some great hockey moves/hands.. yet 90% of the time is useless

appreciate you STH and those still going to games  they need your support!!!!

35 minutes ago, EdgeControl said:

I thought we played well offensively. rethinking Mojo. id re-sign him at this point.

Well, he’s possibly our most tradeable free agent, so there’s no way I wouldn't trade him and get something back. But in terms of bringing him back next year after doing so, I wouldn’t mind if the price is right. Problem is, you don’t know at this point if he’ll play a full season or 20 games. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

That rule changed before last season. 

I still think it was ridiculous, that play wasn’t even close to offsides, why in the world did we challenge?

good question....

Someone posted these over on hf boards. I don't think it was a bad challenge and it was a coin toss cause he looks like he was offsides and then went back to the blue line after the puck was in even further. 

64dkgUD.png

iihuH4X.png

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 1

Yeah it was actually not a bad challenge. Super close call. I still think he was off.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Someone posted these over on hf boards. I don't think it was a bad challenge and it was a coin toss chase he looks like he was offsides and then went back to the blue line after the puck was in even further. 

64dkgUD.png

iihuH4X.png

I’m going to point out yet again that you can’t evaluate offsides based on still pictures, especially when the puck is already in the zone. Neither of these pictures shows where Henrique’s foot was when the puck crossed the line, so they are useless.

That said, I re-watched the video and I still think it was an onside play, but it’s definitely closer than I thought at the time. I still don’t think I would have challenged and risked the penalty. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I’m going to point out yet again that you can’t evaluate offsides based on still pictures, especially when the puck is already in the zone. Neither of these pictures shows where Henrique’s foot was when the puck crossed the line, so they are useless.

That said, I re-watched the video and I still think it was an onside play, but it’s definitely closer than I thought at the time. I still don’t think I would have challenged and risked the penalty. 

Yeah I looked at the replay on the broadcast and tried to see where the pictures lined up with it and it's definitely really close. I think it was worth the challenge at the least. 

It was close. So close that it illustrates how stupid the challenge is and I hate it.

9 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

It was close. So close that it illustrates how stupid the challenge is and I hate it.

Yeah I hate it too. It was meant for the obvious Duchene offsides where the guy is beyond off and somehow the linesmen were blind mice to the fact.

i hate what it’s become, even if they get the call right