Sign in to follow this  
Triumph

Race To The Bottom II - 2018-19 Edition

I think that management should sports bet on the Devs to finish 30 and THEN tank the team. They seem more concerned about teaching our kids the ions and outs of sports betting than hockey.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

4 pts ahead of last place. The good thing is that we know Ottawa will have no desire to just roll over and die since they have no first round pick lol 

Seriously, if I was Ottawa I would be doing everything I could to climb in the standings. 

Including buying at the deadline.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Seriously, if I was Ottawa I would be doing everything I could to climb in the standings. 

Including buying at the deadline.

I think most teams are doing that, no?

Ottawa buying would be profoundly stupid - I know Toronto tried this in 1991 as well, but they just have to live with whatever happens.

Ottawa's win last night still means they are 3 points behind New Jersey with NJ having a game in hand.

• Like 1

Speaking of Ottawa, Duschene is a UFA already. Wow. What a train wreck of a deal that was. They'll probably deal Stone to and really have nothing post deadline.

With signing Hall just around the corner,  i doubt Ray goes for another "big contract" type (Panarin/Duschene). He has to sign Nico the following year.  Ownership wants to see return on investment from whomever Shero brings in.  Although I'd love to see Ray shore-up 2nd line with a good UFA, he's not going to do anything (significant)  at trade deadline day. No one can salvage this season. 

10 hours ago, vadvlfan said:

With signing Hall just around the corner,  i doubt Ray goes for another "big contract" type (Panarin/Duschene). He has to sign Nico the following year.  Ownership wants to see return on investment from whomever Shero brings in.  Although I'd love to see Ray shore-up 2nd line with a good UFA, he's not going to do anything (significant)  at trade deadline day. No one can salvage this season. 

Based on what Hall will get, and what Nico will get, and how much cap room we have, I think that’s the wrong move. We definitely have room for another big ticket guy. 

• Like 3

We absolutely need another big name forward . And we need two top pairing  defenseman..  Blackwood looks real, but it's no guarantee... all these needs aren't coming from this draft.. but we desperately need to get lucky and fill one from this draft. I'd throw a ton at either panarin or Duchesne , it also goes a huge way in resigning hall, not the opposite

I'd also overpay for an aging past his prime blue liner, as long as the term was short..2-3 years.. we need a quick fix back there.. 

• Like 1

Not a great weekend for the tank but at least Ottawa won.

27:  LAK -4

28:  ANA -5

29:  NJD -5

30:  DET:  -6

31: OTT -8

On 2/9/2019 at 8:50 PM, mfitz804 said:

Based on what Hall will get, and what Nico will get, and how much cap room we have, I think that’s the wrong move. We definitely have room for another big ticket guy. 

We also have to factor in that there will be even more cap room in the coming years, as Greene, Zajac, and Cory's contracts all expire in the next few seasons. Of them, I only expect Zajac to still be around and I highly doubt he's getting a raise at 35 years old. 

54 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

We also have to factor in that there will be even more cap room in the coming years, as Greene, Zajac, and Cory's contracts all expire in the next few seasons. Of them, I only expect Zajac to still be around and I highly doubt he's getting a raise at 35 years old. 

Yup. We can afford an awful lot in the next few years. 

Can’t believe the Sens actually beat the Jets, but I’ll take it.