Jump to content

Race To The Bottom II - 2018-19 Edition


Triumph
 Share

Recommended Posts

22 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

2009 playoffs...

And on another note, wow does that Henrique extension look bad.  Nothing against him, but $5,875,000 for each of the next five seasons for Adam Henrique?! 

I just went and watched that sh!t and think I heard my remote breaking way off in distance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Why on earth would you do that to yourself?! 

I literally did the same thing.  I blocked it from my memory so well, I forgot which year that was, and as soon as I pulled it up I knew right away.  Sadly, I sat through and watched the final 2 minutes - I think part of me wanted to compare the heartbreak of that year to this year and the past few years, collectively. As much as I miss playoff hockey and it sucks being a bottom feeder for a few years now, that season was definitely worse because of the way it ended.  I wouldn't wish that on anyone.  Excuse me, I'm gonna go play in traffic now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Why on earth would you do that to yourself?! 

I could NEVER watch that again.  I could think of at least 1000 other unpleasant things I'd rather do ahead of re-living that...like swallow Drano or watch Kathy Bates climb out of a hot tub. 

Especially since, like you, I was THERE for that sh!tstorm. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Satans Hockey said:

2009 playoffs? I have no idea what you guys are talking about. That was just another lockout year. It's a shame we missed another full season of hockey but it is what it is. Oh well. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I could NEVER watch that again.  I could think of at least 1000 other unpleasant things I'd rather do ahead of re-living that...like swallow Drano or watch Kathy Bates climb out of a hot tub. 

Especially since, like you, I was THERE for that sh!tstorm. 

I could never watch that again either.... it was brutal enough witnessing it live with my own eyes. Also, in 18 years, I’ve never so much as seen a 10 second clip of anything having to do with the 2001 SCF, and if anything ever comes on TV about that series, I immediately change the channel, and I always will. I can’t watch that sh!t. I will take 2001 to my grave with me. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Even Anaheim can't blow a 4 goal lead with 5 minutes left.  So I will assume they win.

26:  VAN -3

27:  ANA -6

28:  NJD -9

29:  DET -9

30:  LAK -11

31:  OTT -16

Before tonight, Dom Luszczyszyn of the Atlhetic had the Devils at 15% to finish in 27th, but with Anaheim winning and the Devils losing tonight, I suspect those odds have gone down considerably.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/8/2019 at 2:53 PM, NJDevils1214 said:

I just went and watched that sh!t and think I heard my remote breaking way off in distance.

I will never, ever, ever, ever, ever watch that. I was in section 230, row 2, seat 7. My season seats. I don’t remember what the goals looked like; I remember the game tying goal was after 5 different Devils had chances to clear the puck and couldn’t, and then I remember the game winner was especially soft.

I have never felt a bigger gut punch from a sporting event. Ever. I fvcking loathe Carolina because of 2009.

Edited by Kinkyisth3b3st
Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

I will never, ever, ever, ever, ever watch that. I was in section 230, row 2, seat 7. My season seats. I don’t remember what the goals looked like; I remember the game tying goal was after 5 different Devils had chances to clear the puck and couldn’t, and then I remember the game winner was especially soft.

I have never felt a bigger gut punch from a sporting event. Ever. I fvcking loathe Carolina because of 2009.

I remember the game winner. Colin White went about 4 miles out of position for a meaningless check, allowing Eric Staal to come up the wing full speed untouched. I also remember the Madden line played what felt like 40 percent of that game. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I remember the game winner. Colin White went about 4 miles out of position for a meaningless check, allowing Eric Staal to come up the wing full speed untouched. I also remember the Madden line played what felt like 40 percent of that game. 

Was it Colin White or Ken Klee? I remember Ken Klee made a fvck up against Carolina too but that might have been the Wallen OT goal. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, slasher72 said:

The thought of McKinnon, Rantanen, and Hughes being on the Avs makes me want to vomit. If there's one franchise I hate in this league (after the usual suspects), it's the Avs.

Yep. Probably my most hated team as well after the Rags and Flyers. 

I know most here hate the Blue Jackets, but for me it’s really only Tortorella. I wouldn’t mind them so much if they had a different coach. Although losing to them all the time is getting old. 

Don’t really hate the Hurricanes as much as most either...

fvck the Avs though. I used to always root for the Red Wings in those crazy playoff series between those two. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

I will never, ever, ever, ever, ever watch that. I was in section 230, row 2, seat 7. My season seats. I don’t remember what the goals looked like; I remember the game tying goal was after 5 different Devils had chances to clear the puck and couldn’t, and then I remember the game winner was especially soft.

I have never felt a bigger gut punch from a sporting event. Ever. I fvcking loathe Carolina because of 2009.

One of the 2 worst endings to a game I've ever been to.  Game 5 of the 2015 WS is right there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Nicomo said:

Yep. Probably my most hated team as well after the Rags and Flyers. 

I know most here hate the Blue Jackets, but for me it’s really only Tortorella. I wouldn’t mind them so much if they had a different coach. Although losing to them all the time is getting old. 

Don’t really hate the Hurricanes as much as most either...

fvck the Avs though. I used to always root for the Red Wings in those crazy playoff series between those two. 

Same. I did hate the Canes with a passion about 10-15 years ago but now I dont feel the same way. They're just like every other team now. Plus their success against us back then had more to do with us having monumental chokes (Marty was the GOAT but it always seemed like he found ways to let in softies vs the Rags and Canes that killed us in the playoffs).

Getting back to Colorado though....I despise them always and it burns me up that they're most likely getting Hughes. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Triumph said:

Everyone who played lost.  Not even a fvcking loser point for any of these teams last night.  I guess it's good that the Devils lost too.

26:  VAN -4

27:  ANA -6

28:  NJD -10

29: DET -10

30: LAK -12

31: OTT -17

We rooting for the Kings tonight?  Hope for a 3 pt game there

Link to comment
Share on other sites

All this remind me the last time we were in this infamous race to the bottom... We were head to head with Vancouver who were dedicated to not win just as much as us. It was frustrating ! (but we love the lottery so hey.. ) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, moustic said:

All this remind me the last time we were in this infamous race to the bottom... We were head to head with Vancouver who were dedicated to not win just as much as us. It was frustrating ! (but we love the lottery so hey.. ) 

Ironically enough -- as much as I love Nico, winning the lottery and getting Nico instead of Petersson or Heiskanen may not have been the best thing for this franchise. 

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

Ironically enough -- as much as I love Nico, winning the lottery and getting Nico instead of Petersson or Heiskanen may not have been the best thing for this franchise. 

Take it back ! Take it back ! You haven't just say that ! TAKE IT BACK !
(but yeah... maybe)
(but come on ! Nico ! Take it back ! ) 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.